FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Fishing Report] 4/27, 4/28, and 4/30/2021 - Perry CCC Lake, OK

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rykros

FTFF Gathering Officer

Nothing like a week of vacation to get the tube in the water for the first time this year.  Went fishing three times and got plenty of spawn-ready crappie to last me the rest of the year.  Added achievement, I haven't lost a single lure the entire time!  Here's my fishing report.

FIRST TRIP
Absolutely slayed it!  Personal best of 32 crappie in 1.5 hours of fishing.  Again, a tiny lake so tiny fish.  But sometimes it's quantity over quality.  Also caught two small largemouth bass and a nice, chunky green sunfish.

Lake Details:  1 mile of shoreline.  Maximum known depth is 32ft.  No other known details of the lake.  
Date & Time:  April 27th, 2021 at 1:30pm - 3:00pm
Conditions:  Mostly cloudy.  Heavy wind at 15+ mph from the south. Storms predicted later that day
Air Temperature:  Starting - 70ºF; Ending - 74ºF
Water Temperature:  60.6ºF
Common Fish Depths:  6ft-8ft
Location on Lake:  About 20ft off shore at mouth of cove by boat ramp.  10-12ft of water on the drop-side of a decline.  Top-side of slope covered in Southern Naiad 5-6ft down.  Assumed to be spawning in the grass but waiting lower in the drop off for ambushes.
Flotation Device: Customized Classic Accessories Cumberland
Rod & Reel:  Open-face rod.  8lb line.  6ft light action rod.
Bait:  White "salt and pepper" plastic tube jig on 1/8oz white with red eyes external jighead hook.  Tied two to a line with one about 24" above the one at the bottom.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SECOND TRIP
Bites were slow.  Weather changed drastically while I was out there.  Rather windy.  There would be 10 minutes of sunlight, 10 minutes of heavy clouds, 10 minutes of light rain, rinse and repeat.  The trout were definitely jumping, but ended up not landing any.  Scouted around areas of the lake I hadn't really went into detail in.  Ended up catching fish in two areas; the drop off with the grass on top and a brush pile near the damn's overflow.  Only brought home 13 crappie.  One small largemouth bass caught.

Lake Details:  1 mile of shoreline.  Maximum known depth is 32ft.  No other known details of the lake.  
Date & Time:  April 28th, 2021 at 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Conditions:  Variable cloud cover from sunlight to light rain.  Moderate wind at 10+ mph from the southwest. Storms predicted later that day.
Air Temperature:  Starting - 70ºF; Ending - 68ºF
Water Temperature:  64.4ºF
Common Fish Depths:  6ft-8ft and 10-12ft
Location on Lake:  First location same as previous day at about 20ft off shore at mouth of cove by boat ramp.  10-12ft of water on the drop-side of a decline.  Top-side of slope covered in Southern Naiad 5-6ft down.  Assumed to be spawning in the grass but waiting lower in the drop off for ambushes with fish located 6-8ft down.  Second location at the damn next to the overflow, uh, thing...  18-20ft of water with what was assumed to be a large brush pile.  Fish were located 10-12ft down at the top edge of the brush pile.
Bait:  White "salt and pepper" plastic tube jig on 1/8oz white with red eyes external jighead hook.  Tied two to a line with one about 24" above the one at the bottom.

THIRD TRIP
Started out great, but got really slow half way through.  Brought home another 26 crappie for a total of 71 crappie in three days.  Also caught 2 small largemouth bass, a very small bluegill, and 2 more small white crappie that were let go.

Date & Time:  April 30th, 2021 at 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Conditions:  Sunny.  No wind to breezy.
Air Temperature:  Starting - 78ºF; Ending - 79ºF
Water Temperature:  69.8ºF
Common Fish Depths:  6ft-8ft
Location on Lake:  About 20ft off shore at mouth of cove by boat ramp.  10-12ft of water on the drop-side of a slope.  Top-side of slope covered in Southern Naiad 5-6ft down.  Assumed to be spawning in the grass but waiting lower in the drop off for ambushes.

kin, Bullgill66 and desmobob like this post

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Another great report thanks for sharing. Looks like a great putting for sure. It's been years since I have caught crappie as a kid I slayer them at Lake Gregory every summer. So miss this those days.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Rykros

FTFF Gathering Officer

jeffcpr wrote:Another great report thanks for sharing.  Looks like a great putting for sure.  It's been years since I have caught crappie as a kid I slayer them at Lake Gregory every summer.  So miss this those days.

Catching crappie is - especially in this manner - particularly special and dear to my heart. My grandfather is what I would consider the "Crappie King of Lake Hudson". Though his were MUCH larger due to the much larger lake, I think he would be quite proud of the quantity I was able to catch in order to start to come close to the stringers-worth he would bring home practically every weekend year round.

jeffcpr likes this post

SP Dan

SP Dan

Thanx for the fish report with pic’s! 👍
SP Dan    

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Great report on the 32 crappie and others.

Thanks for sharing details of your rigging as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum