FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tray for the Cumberland

+2
SP Dan
JohnnyB
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Tray for the Cumberland Empty Tray for the Cumberland Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:57 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Its kind of personal choice but do you think a 40"x19"tray is too big. I dont want you guys LOL at me.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sdbaybassn and Bullgill66 like this post

2Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:12 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I look forward to reviewing your finished DIY Lap-tray.
It's time for me to construct another lap-tray as well. Thumbs Up

SP Dan

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

3Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:25 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I picked this boot tray up at Target $9.99 they also had a 30x14 for $4.99. I went with the wider and deeper one so it will hold that 30+" Halibut im getting ready to catch. Im also going to notch the corners to fit in-between the storage pockets brining it closer to me, less room to drop stuff.

4Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:31 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

May I suggest drilling some 3/8" to 1/2" dia drain holes along the outer edges, I currently have 6 drain holes on my hard lap tray.
It really helps when washing-off and draining the thick fish slim thru the holes and off the lap tray.

Last edited by SP Dan on Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

5Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:41 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

The 30 inch sounds like a good idea.
Of course sometimes you need to put your ideas into practice to see. I hope to see some 33 inch halibuts hanging over the edge soon.

6Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:01 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I am interested in attempting a tray with the 40” one.
I’ll need to break out my measuring tape tomorrow and see if it will work out.
🧐 Hmmmm!
I’ll head over to target and check it out tomorrow.
Thank you Johnny! Thumbs Up
I actually need 2 lap trays because I have a 2nd (buddy loaner) Cumberland w/ a 2nd pair of XL Force Fin‘s.

SP Dan

wudstoc likes this post

7Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:01 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I need a little help. Does anyone know the distance between the pockets when in the water? Is sitting in it on dry land the same as in the water? Sitting in it in my living room looks to be 20 inches

8Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:06 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That looks like it will work well look forward to seeing the end result.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

9Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:07 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

so far so good[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

woodyk and sdbaybassn like this post

10Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:09 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Sweet Bro

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

11Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:39 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

JohnnyB wrote:so far so good[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That’s the 40”?

sdbaybassn likes this post

12Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:14 am

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yes

13Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:48 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I really like it ... a lot!

Have you attached your bottom spreader bar to your new semi rigid laptop tray as of yet?
If you have attached, then could you please post a few of your pic’s with us?! 😎

I may have to copy your prototype.

Thanx

SP Dan

14Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:19 pm

wudstoc

FTFF Gathering Officer

I will be getting a Cumberland and found this video on you tube. I am not allowed to post a link for 7 days. He used a storage container lid and PVC. jit looks good to me.

he goes by fisher newb if you want to take a look

15Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:27 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I haven't yet but it will be the same as the old one. 1" SCH 40, 28 3/4" long. Holes drilled 3 3/4" from the ends give you enough space to attach to the tube. I used [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   1/2"long machine screws, 3/4 would be easier.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by JohnnyB on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

16Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:45 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I think i will need to run a small frame under it to keep it from flexing at the point nearest the seat (me). I will use 3 pieces of 1/2 pvc, two running from the spreader bar to the edge nearest me parallel to the storage pockets. Then maybe in the center parallel to the spreader bar. I may frame the edges i cut with 1/2 pvc glued or screwed to the top to keep stuff from falling off but i think the pockets will take care of that for me as long as the fit is snug.
Im kind of stuck not knowing the distance between the pockets as it sits in the water.

Last edited by JohnnyB on Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

17Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:51 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I think a 29" spreader bar is a touch to long going to cut it down to 28 3/4

wudstoc likes this post

18Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:10 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I just finished acupuncture for the day, went to 🎯 Target afterward and purchased two of the 40” boot mats.

Thank you for the leads! Thumbs Up

19Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:48 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I may need another one, I think I could have left a little more width on the tray in front of me. I took the measurements without the spreader bar in...lol.. prototype.. Think i will throw it together and see how it looks on the water

20Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:49 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

I found the same tray on line at 52”.
But cost more.

21Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:41 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

My existing DIY 1.5” ABS spreader on my Cumberland is 29”.

SP Dan

22Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:29 pm

sdbaybassn

sdbaybassn
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Nice I'm thinking of making something similar for my Savage Gear 170. Thanks for the Idea.

23Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:01 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I am enjoying all the brainstorming and the input on the DIY projects! Thumbs Up

24Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:42 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

At 1.5" X 29" arent you worried about the amount of stress on the canvas cups?

25Tray for the Cumberland Empty Re: Tray for the Cumberland Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:31 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

JohnnyB wrote:At 1.5" X 29" arent you worried about the amount of stress on the canvas cups?

Hey Johnny,

I've been using this tray for over 4 years now ... w/ no issues.
I've never had an issue with the canvas cups neither ... have you?

What are the issues that you know of ... should I be worried?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum