FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transporting a 7 Bass Flatform XL (short distance)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

WadeKonowalchuk

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hey all! Greetings from Stockholm Sweden (though I am Canuck).

I just picked up a 7 Bass Flatform XL, and I’m curious if any of you who may have one as well may have suggestions for short-distance transport? I had a Gunki Furti V last year, and it is nice to be able to strap it on my back and walk down to the lake (it’s about 300 yards/275 meters away), and I’d be able to carry my gear in my hands. This big boy doesn’t have straps or backpacking capabilities, so I’m looking for a means to get it to the lake, with my gear, all in one trip (a trolley, or dolly, or wagon, or something along those lines).

Would love to see what some of you ingenious folks may do to get it out to the water easily.

Thanks in advance!

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hey there welcome to the forum and thanks for asking your question. So I had the Flatform for a while and later moved over to the Maxxon 240 which is a flat boat as well (7foot long). Most of my walks to the water are much shorter than yours.
It can be hard to transport these boats but I did use this a few times it was not perfect but it did work better then I thought.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I stand the boat up on the back end (motor mount section) and as you can see it folds up and will sit on the back of the boat while you are fishing and ready for when you are heading back.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum WadeKnonowalchuk. I  don't have a flatform style tube, but I do have a metal framed pontoon. I use a kayak wheel set up  on mine to roll down to the water.

I  hope you find what you are looking for here.

Last edited by Jerdon on Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the pic)

SP Dan

SP Dan

Welcome to the forum WadeKnonowalchuk.

SP Dan

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

WadeKonowalchuk

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks, Gents for your responses. Much appreciated.

I am interested in both approaches. The folding dolly seems cool, and could just be handy to have around anyway. How long is that? Does it extend past the front of the "boat"? Do you have a make/model for that thing? I would like to see if I can find that here in Sweden, if I can get the make...

I am actually intrigued by the kayak wheel thing as well that Jerdon posted. I was planning to attempt to make something (see the quick sketch I threw together real quick), and if I could find some wheels like those which you have posted, that would make my life a great deal easier. What are the chances you might have a make/model for that?

I know - That's asking a lot of you gentlemen. But I really do appreciate you responding to me, and I just really want to build something easy, and practical to get me to the lake every day (I literally fish every day in the summer, thanks to the sun being up 20 hours a day here in Stockholm, and do NOT want to inflate/deflate it every day). Smile

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

WadeKonowalchuk wrote:Thanks, Gents for your responses.  Much appreciated.

I am interested in both approaches.  The folding dolly seems cool, and could just be handy to have around anyway.  How long is that?  Does it extend past the front of the "boat"? Do you have a make/model for that thing? I would like to see if I can find that here in Sweden, if I can get the make...

I am actually intrigued by the kayak wheel thing as well that Jerdon posted.  I was planning to attempt to make something (see the quick sketch I threw together real quick), and if I could find some wheels  like those which you have posted, that would make my life a great deal easier. What are the chances you might have a make/model for that?  

I know - That's asking a lot of you gentlemen.  But I really do appreciate you responding to me, and I just really want to build something easy, and practical to get me to the lake every day (I literally fish every day in the summer, thanks to the sun being up 20 hours a day here in Stockholm, and do NOT want to inflate/deflate it every day). Smile

OK so here is the one I have you can get it on Amazon (you can get anything on Amazon LOL).  The one issue I have is it is short.  But it is a quick simple fix.  I think the Kayak wheel idea is the much better setup and the 2 wheeles wold be more stable for sure in the long run, but the dolly is quick and easy.

Here is the link to the Amazon link.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

WadeKonowalchuk

FTFF Gathering Officer

You know what? I just had an epiphany. I think I am over-complicating things - a lot.

What if I were to take a dolly such as the one posted - from Amazon. I found an almost identical one here in Stockholm, so it will be half the price - no shipping. About the equivalent of $30 USD. Then I get a tether strap with a quick pull and lock buckle. I put the Flatform on the dolly (Flatform is 6 feet. Dolly is about 4 feet - obviously, I would not be able to reach the damned handles of the dolly, unless I had some crazy monkey arms). I put a tether strap around the boat and the dolly near the handles and firm it up. The Flatform has 'handles' near the front (or back - depends on your outlook) of the boat (near the foot rest bar). You hold it there, and wheel the sucker like a wheel-barrow (basically how I wanted to wheel it with my design, but I wanted to incorporate the engine mount somehow). One can fold the dolly and attach it to the front of the boat if one wanted to, but hey - I live in Sweden, where there is almost no crime. I will just leave it on shore, or lock it to a tree, just to be safe. If someone does steal it - well - it's 30 bucks... Not the end of the world. Hopefully, I will have pulled a 3 foot pike out of the lake and had photo-ops to make up for it. Smile

Yes, my design would have been much smaller... But this solution give me a dolly to use for other stuff too, if necessary. Smile

WadeKonowalchuk

FTFF Gathering Officer

Maybe I just wanted to make something super-cutting-edge, and go on "Shark Tank" to get some buy in to sell these things world-wide Wink

WadeKonowalchuk

FTFF Gathering Officer

Lastly... I have to say I am curious about this inflatable metal-framed pontoon... Do you have a picture? I always love to see people's rigs. And in my mind, this sounds like it is probably "super-comfort"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum