FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Today at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Today at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rod transporting with/inside a car

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rod transporting with/inside a car Empty Rod transporting with/inside a car Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:59 pm

Fluke

FTFF Gathering Officer

Couldn't find any existing topic about this one..

Whenever transporting rods in a car I've always wanted to transport my rods in full length, if it's possible. It simply makes travelling with rods and changing the places so much easier and quicker when you don't have to dis-assemble and re-assemble (all) the rod(s) over and over again.

Back in the days, when I had only one fly rod or so, I put the rod reel end into the co-drives footrest area and it could fit inside the car with trunk closed (with sedan models this wouldn't work).

When I started having more rods I needed a new solution.. 10 years ago I drove a Mitsubishi Carisma Hatchback and started thinkin how to transport multiple rods in full length and made this one. It worked so damn good, when I changed my car to another one I moved the same DIY mod/project into my current car (Skoda Octavia, huge 1600cc of diesel power:D) and still using it. With this car I've used this holder / rack for 6 years now and very satisfied with it. It can hold 4 * up to 9ft fly rods. The handle-end holder is attached to the hatch by neodymium magnets fixed in place, easy removal for wintertime (when only "a bit" shorter ice-fishing rods are needed:) ). There is another piece of the system at the top of the dashboard, a piece of foam with 4 slots for the rod tip ends and a tightening strap to secure them in place. Additional "mid-piece" holder made of foam and rubber band if there are any shorter rods that wont reach to the front piece. When traveling the rods that I carry won't take any space from the trunk so its easier to fit there all the other stuff that is needed to carry to the summer house etc.

Wish I had a wagon or any car with a bit more length I could fit my 10-footers inside the car in full length too!

This is a bit off-topic, nothing to do with float tubing, but wanted to share this one. And interested if the board members have similar DIY projects too!

Btw, the handle-end rack is made off from s shelf of old drying grill and foam:)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pictures from 2013 with the Mitsubishi:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Rod transporting with/inside a car Empty Re: Rod transporting with/inside a car Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:40 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hey Fluke that is a great setup. I am hoping come up with a setup for the bed of my truck. Funny enough I have also been looking at ideas for inside a car as well. Thank you for sharing.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Rod transporting with/inside a car Empty Re: Rod transporting with/inside a car Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:03 pm

BigMaxFloats

BigMaxFloats
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught

That’s an awesome setup. I cheated (sort of ).  I have an Excursion so it’s got a huge interior.  I can run 10’ surf rods and 9’ and 10’ fly rods on the ceiling rack I made.  I used a kit from bass pro that I screwed into a board and mounted it to the coat hook locations.  It can hold 10 rods.

Fluke and Pablosparky like this post

4Rod transporting with/inside a car Empty Re: Rod transporting with/inside a car Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:22 am

Fluke

FTFF Gathering Officer

I kind of forgot this is an American forum with all the fishermen driving trucks twice the size of a typical European car. Whereas I can barely fit my 9 footers inside the car if I put them low enough, some can fit 10 footers on the ceiling. I think I maybe could fit my 5'6'' fiber glass on the ceiling of my car Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum