FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Sun May 12, 2024 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Sun May 12, 2024 12:58 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transporting Your Tube

+11
Renegade
waxon67
sonarbp
Docrunner
ed5000x
FishinPhil
SoB Legend
bodfish
n2deepfsw
jeffcpr
Hammer 4
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Transporting Your Tube Empty Transporting Your Tube Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:19 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

First, I haul my tube around in the back of my truck with out any sort of cover. In the warm days, i.e. summer, I like to let about 25 to 30% of the air out during the ride home, as with heat comes a rise in air in the bladders, so not to risk having to much air pressure, letting some air out is a safeguard so to speak.

Another thing I do is apply a small amount of Vaseline to the threads on all of my air valves, this keeps them in good cond and helps to prevent cross threading.

BTW, the 25 to 30% air reduction is just a guess on my part, anyway, that's my Tube Tip for the month.

2Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:32 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am just about the same with my tube, but I have not used the vaseline, I will put that into us on the next trip thanks for your tube tip Hammer 4 Thumbs Up

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:39 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice tip hammer but I use jergens. What a Face

4Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:17 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

hey guys,
I have posted about this before but,.. just remember when you transport your tube, to remember to take into account the atmospheric pressure differential when traveling from low altitude to high..... or BOOM!! Hee, Hee,.... bodfish

5Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:29 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Yep when I head up to high ground (BBL) I always deflate completely. Better to be safe then sorry, the last time I went up My tube was fine Only I forgot my license. Rambo

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:42 pm

SoB Legend

SoB Legend
FTFF Gathering Officer

Good tip, I will make sure to deflate my tube a little before some highground hikes. Thanks!

7Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:51 pm

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I was always told when you are going to screw a cap onto a threaded section always turn the cap backwards slowly first. You can feel when it drops down into the thread and then you start to turn clockwise. Prevents cross threading and it lines up the threads. This works everytime. Thumbs Up

8Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good point Phil. I was taught to do that many moons ago when working on cars. Cool

9Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:35 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great advise and traveling from high to low is true. I delivered a casket to the airport and on the new casket there is an air vent or you just leave it open a lil bit cause if you don't it will crash it self flat had to delivery a second one cause no one vented the first one glad it was empty

10Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:11 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I thought vaseline (petroleum jelly) was damaging to certain plastics? (and condoms Shocked )
Just wondering if that was a concern for anyone? Aren't these valves usually plastic?
I was thinking silicone spray lubricant?

11Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I dunno, I just swipe a Very small amount on just to coat the threads..almost 2 yrs and alls good. Very Happy

12Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:56 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well I dont transport my gear inflated...just got a good pump so I can inflate all the bladders in a matter of minutes.

Really sucks not having a truck.

13Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:02 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:Nice tip hammer but I use jergens. What a Face

T M I Shocked

14Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:28 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:

T M I Shocked

Lmao! pirat

15Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:29 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

T M I Shocked

Lmao! pirat

Ha ha...hey Gil your avatar bike...you ride that thang?

16Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:35 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
n2deepfsw wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

T M I Shocked

Lmao! pirat

I just have to install the cdi then she's ready to ride. I did my last bike show last year so know its time to chip some paint. I'll have it on the road this summer for sure.

17Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hammer 4 wrote:I dunno, I just swipe a Very small amount on just to coat the threads..almost 2 yrs and alls good. Very Happy

I would be worried about it collecting dirt, but I have Halkey Roberts and Bravo valves...no threads.

18Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:38 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:
waxon67 wrote:
n2deepfsw wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

T M I Shocked

Lmao! pirat

I just have to install the cdi then she's ready to ride. I did my last bike show last year so know its time to chip some paint. I'll have it on the road this summer for sure.

Hit me up this summer. I have a 2001 Special Con S&S softail. Not flashy...old school black and chrome. I need to do a head gasket and some tires and I'll be ready. But I'll tear up PCH with ya!

19Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:42 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
n2deepfsw wrote:
waxon67 wrote:
n2deepfsw wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

T M I Shocked

Lmao! pirat

Hit me up this summer. I have a 2001 Special Con S&S softail. Not flashy...old school black and chrome. I need to do a head gasket and some tires and I'll be ready. But I'll tear up PCH with ya!

Very nice buddy! Yeah my brother and I have a 2 year project going on and on that bike I'm going to install a air ride suspension so I can drop it to the ground instead of using a kick stand.

20Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:45 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:
waxon67 wrote:
n2deepfsw wrote:
waxon67 wrote:
n2deepfsw wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

T M I Shocked

Lmao! pirat

Very nice buddy! Yeah my brother and I have a 2 year project going on and on that bike I'm going to install a air ride suspension so I can drop it to the ground instead of using a kick stand.

Well, its time to ride it up Latigo Canyon Rd and when you get to the top you will have broke it in nicely. I'm not sure you can make some of the turns though...he he he

21Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:52 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah my bike only makes wide turns since the handle bars are under the top tree
And is about a inch from hitting to tank while making a sharp turn.. It's tough looking good! Lol

22Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:54 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You might be just too purdy to ride with!! LOL!! flower

23Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:59 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

[quote="waxon67"]You might be just too purdy to ride with!! LOL!! flower[/quote

Lmao! Cooks corner is a fun ride to...

24Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:03 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

As is Ortega... flower flower flower flower

25Transporting Your Tube Empty Re: Transporting Your Tube Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:06 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum