FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New tuber and member from southern california

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Only Dinkss

Only Dinkss
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hello everyone, im from the Southern California area. After the virus hit, it turned everyone into outdoors people. All of the public piers and almost all of my regular spots had lots of people fishing them. So i got tired of not being able to fish and having to drive around finding a place to fish. I said screw it and i got my self a fishcat 4 deluxe. Ive had it for around 6 months so far. I mainly have been doing alot of kicking in the ocean because its very close to me. I hope to inspire and meet many new people!!!!

Test Tackles, Litefoot, Bullgill66 and Pablosparky like this post

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hey Only Dinkss welcome to the dark side. Glad you found us and we look forward to hear reports from you in the near future.
So you know we have our 11th Annual FTFF Toy Drive coming up in November. Check it out good time to just hang out and meet members in the area.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Only Dinkss likes this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Only Dinkss

Only Dinkss
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thank you for letting me be a part of this group!!

jeffcpr, Test Tackles, Litefoot and Only Dinkss like this post

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Only Dinkss wrote:Thank you for letting me be a part of this group!!

We have the best members on the internet, and we look forward to your involvement.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Litefoot and Only Dinkss like this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum Only Dinkss!!

Float tubing lets you go places you can't hit from shore and away from crowds. That was my first attraction as well.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Test Tackles and Litefoot like this post

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey dude! Welcome to the most informative place on earth when it comes to fishing float tubes braddah man! We have plenty of Salt tubers here in So Cal so I think you will find yourself right at home Here amongst them. I myself am a fresh water guy and have yet to get out on salt with my tube. Its gonna happen I just don't know when. If you have a any questions or just want to chat about our unique approach to fishing life, never be afraid to ask it. These guys have been the most helpful, friendly bunch I've ever met. Looking forward to seeing some of them salt fishing reports from you dude. What species do you mainly target?

Litefoot likes this post

Only Dinkss

Only Dinkss
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Test Tackles wrote:Hey dude! Welcome to the most informative place on earth when it comes to fishing float tubes braddah man! We have plenty of Salt tubers here in So Cal so I think you will find yourself right at home Here amongst them. I myself am a fresh water guy and have yet to get out on salt with my tube. Its gonna happen I just don't know when. If you have a any questions or just want to chat about our unique approach to fishing life, never be afraid to ask it. These guys have been the most helpful, friendly bunch I've ever met. Looking forward to seeing some of them salt fishing reports from you dude. What species do you mainly target?

Right on!!! 👊 i target all the bass, spotted bay bass, sand bass and calico bass as well as halibut. I use a trout rod, its 7'6 with 6 lb test. Ive been mainly using 3 inch plastics, with lead head and sometimes drop shot.

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Only Dinkss wrote:
Test Tackles wrote:Hey dude! Welcome to the most informative place on earth when it comes to fishing float tubes braddah man! We have plenty of Salt tubers here in So Cal so I think you will find yourself right at home Here amongst them. I myself am a fresh water guy and have yet to get out on salt with my tube. Its gonna happen I just don't know when. If you have a any questions or just want to chat about our unique approach to fishing life, never be afraid to ask it. These guys have been the most helpful, friendly bunch I've ever met. Looking forward to seeing some of them salt fishing reports from you dude. What species do you mainly target?

Right on!!! 👊 i target all the bass, spotted bay bass, sand bass and calico bass as well as halibut. I use a trout rod, its 7'6 with 6 lb test. Ive been mainly using 3 inch plastics, with lead head and sometimes drop shot.

Nice bro ive fished Spotties before dude, they give up a bigger fight than a large mouth does I thought lol I was going for halibut, but it seems, with the ocean, whatever wants your bait is gonna have your bait lol.

Litefoot likes this post

Only Dinkss

Only Dinkss
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Test Tackles wrote:
Only Dinkss wrote:

Nice bro ive fished Spotties before dude, they give up a bigger fight than a large mouth does I thought lol I was going for halibut, but it seems, with the ocean, whatever wants your bait is gonna have your bait lol.

Yeah they do fight harder than large mouth 💪💪
Yeah when using live bait or frozen bait you catch a very large variety of fish. Using plastics you can dial in the bass bite really good, you might still catch other fish. I do highly recommend using lighter tackle, 12 lb test or lighter and 4 inch swim baits and smaller. As for color you might have to try different colors to see what they want.

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

For sure dude, we were on a boat and using live bait fish on said trip, but had I been on a tube I would've probably been throwing Big hammer swimbaits or Rapalas even since I figure a bass is a bass no matter what differences in water lol. But what do i know? I grew up a trout fisherman in landlocked New Mexico so the only thing I really know about salt water fishing is that it can and will corrode your fishing stuff to a pile of red /orange heap of garbage lol. I was stationed in Okinawa Japan about 7 years a go dude.. And I really wish I had started fishing again while I was out there. Some of their fish was beautiful.

Litefoot and Pablosparky like this post

Only Dinkss

Only Dinkss
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Test Tackles wrote:For sure dude, we were on a boat and using live bait fish on said trip, but had I been on a tube I would've probably been throwing Big hammer swimbaits or Rapalas even since I figure a bass is a bass no matter what differences in water lol. But what do i know? I grew up a trout fisherman in landlocked New Mexico so the only thing I really know about salt water fishing is that it can and will corrode your fishing stuff to a pile of red /orange heap of garbage lol. I was stationed in Okinawa Japan about 7 years a go dude..  And I really wish I had started fishing again while I was out there. Some of their fish was beautiful.

Hey you are pretty spot on, a bass is a bass!!! You gotta get back out there one day and try again!!! Definitely fishing in salt water can be tricky at times, there are so many different factors. Thanks for serving our country 🇺🇲🇺🇲🙌🙌

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum