FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:58 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Places to fish, southern Wisc

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Places to fish, southern Wisc Empty Places to fish, southern Wisc Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:46 pm

jklingel

FTFF Gathering Officer

I don't need any secret spots, but would appreciate a few places to fish from shore, a tube, or an 8' inflatable (Not sure what I'll be taking). Will be in southern Wisc mid-May, touring w/ an RV. I have all the gear for bluegills to muskie, but am more interested in the smaller fish. Basically catch and release, but may eat a couple. I can walk through brush if need be but can't be gone 24 hrs. I may just Google for lakes as another new person suggested. Thank you. j

2Places to fish, southern Wisc Empty Re: Places to fish, southern Wisc Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:41 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Good luck hope you get your info and let us know how your trip goes.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Places to fish, southern Wisc Empty Re: Places to fish, southern Wisc Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:42 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Best of luck to you!
Have a great trip. 🎣

SP Dan <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

4Places to fish, southern Wisc Empty Re: Places to fish, southern Wisc Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:13 pm

jklingel

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks for the cheers, folks. Hope somebody gives me a tip to get started. If not, not.

5Places to fish, southern Wisc Empty Re: Places to fish, southern Wisc Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:41 am

NulodPBall

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

jklingel wrote:Thanks for the cheers, folks. Hope somebody gives me a tip to get started. If not, not.

You mean down by Madison?

My friends are from the Appleton/Outagamie County area but whenever we go fishing & camping we always go up to the northern border, past Iron Mountain.

Of course that doesn't help.

My friends are basically non-fishermen but when they do fish back home (Appleton area) they fish for walleye.

All I know is that I really, really hate fishing with leeches, but they work.

I'd Google Map the area you're interested in, there are a million little lakes and ponds (no not 10,000 lakes) and many of them are in people's front yards (go figure, you can tell when someone has family visiting when they water down the pond in their front yard so that the ice is smooth) so just be aware that a lot of the water is private.

It's pretty obvious on the map when you're looking at public water.

I think the smaller ponds get stocked by the birds and perch usually end up in them or bluegill. If there's bass it seems to be planted by people.

My friends always talked about water in the quarries, but no one ever mentioned fishing it. And I imagine the water might be a little toxic.

There is a girl (who's probably a woman by now) who hunts musky along with her dad and I think she's caught over 200 musky by now.

If you find her on the internet, I'm pretty sure she only fishes public water.

I have a friend from Madison but he doesn't fish either.

Oh and when the weather warms up, people from Wisconsin seem to go outside activity crazy, but the bugs are out... Bug juice is your friend.

If you're tubing I definitely always wear your waiters, and pay attention to what's crawling on you. Did I say that I really really dislike leeches?

Oh and don't get caught fishing with frogs.

Oh and if the lightning is hitting the ground really close like within a quarter mile, don't be that guy that shelters underneath the tallest tree next to the water, waving a graphite rod with metal in the air... Don't be like my friends.

I've really only been in Wisconsin late winter and fall but like I said everyone seems to go outdoor crazy as soon as the ice melts, and sometimes even before then.

I expect in May it'll probably be hot and humid and wet.

It freaks me out when there's a layer of water on only 10 inches of ice and people are making rooster tails driving out onto the lake to go fish.

My friends south of Oshkosh lived in Black Wolf and the standard plot there was six acres, and everyone had a pond in their front yard.

Good luck and post pictures.

6Places to fish, southern Wisc Empty OK Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:56 am

jklingel

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks, Ray. I'll check around. Bugs are a given; we have a few in Fairbanks, too, probably 14.3287 trillion. Never go into the bush w/out bug dope on bare skin. I have fished private lakes many times and caught some nice bluegills and bass, but that was always on very dark nights....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum