FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Today at 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

What about Toy for Tots

+4
ed5000x
bodfish
n2deepfsw
jeffcpr
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What about Toy for Tots Empty What about Toy for Tots Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:20 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I was thinking about doing something simple or should I say my wife had this idea. Lets get together and bring our kids if we have them. We could hang out at a local park and fish the lake. We should all bring a toy that could be donated to Toys for Tots and later in the day we could donate the toys from everyone on the forum. Just a though what do you guys think.
This would be in December and would be a good time for use to spend time with our families as well as some good friend.
Just looking for you input post up.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:26 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's a great idea Jeff! Or should I say your wifey has a great idea!! Lol Count me in, that's a great cause and fishing with the family is a bonus...

3What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:07 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I love this Idea. How about Rods and Reels for Tots ? Inexpensive spin cast rigs to donate? An outing with the Families,? You bet! How about someplace like Mile Square? DFG planted. Or Irvine?

bodfish

4What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:16 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great ideal I will see what I can do

5What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:16 am

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Im down it sounds like a great idea maybe i can actully get my chick out at the water this way

6What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:22 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I like the Rods and Reels for tots, that is a great idea as well. Looks like we will have some baits to hand out to members that show with a toy to donate as well.
I will explain more later, what does everyone else think.

7What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:06 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

OK I was thinking Laguna Lake in Fullerton but others have talked about Mile Square Park as well. There are plenty we could fish, the thought is to take all the toys to angle stadium for deleivery. Ao we should try to stay in the area.

Like I said erlier we will have some YUM trout baits to pass out to members that show with a toy or rod and reel.
More details to come please comment on this if you have some thoughts.

8What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:20 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Anyone have some thoughts on this. It could be a good time to hang with friends and family and help those families that need the help.
If you don't have family or kids borrow someone else's wait that is weird, ok just hang out with us and catch some DFG Trout.

9What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:50 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

No kids, but I would love to hang out and fish.

Not sure if toys for tots will even except fishing gear. How about donating it to a dedicated non profit charity like "Frinds of Rollo" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?? I have purchased fishing trips from the site and the proceeds go toward buying gas, gear, bait etc and they end up taking hundreds of kids fishing each year with the proceeds. Pretty much the only "fishing for kids" charity that i'm aware of.

10What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i like this i dont have no kids or anything but im down to fish if i can make it

11What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:38 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

LGHT wrote:No kids, but I would love to hang out and fish.

Not sure if toys for tots will even except fishing gear. How about donating it to a dedicated non profit charity like "Frinds of Rollo" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?? I have purchased fishing trips from the site and the proceeds go toward buying gas, gear, bait etc and they end up taking hundreds of kids fishing each year with the proceeds. Pretty much the only "fishing for kids" charity that i'm aware of.

Well there is am idea also very interesting what does everyone think.

Fisher wrote:i like this i dont have no kids or anything but im down to fish if i can make it

Fisher no kids required, hope you can make it if it happens.

12What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'm down for this and any location is ok with me. I also don't think charities will accept fishing gear and what ever kids recieve the tackle probably don't have the means or people to take them to fish. I don't have any kids of my own but I'll see if I can borrow a friends kid for the day.

13What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:33 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yea I will be glad to donate some toys for the kids if I don't make it to the putting I will make sure that the toys get there one way or another

14What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:40 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Now we are talking biy there the fishing christmas spirt santa (I have been looking for a reason to us that smile)

15What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:11 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,
check out BPS and Cabellas' they have a pretty good selection of "kit" rod and reel sets for very reasonable. I love the idea of introducing small children to fishing but I think it is more valuable to maybe introduce the 10 to teen crowd before their heads get too crowded with other bad things. I think this is a crowd we can really influence to theirs' and ours' benefit. So maybe I will expend a little more and get a nice spinning outfit instead of a Barbie or Mickey Mouse rig. What about a local pre-teen and / or teen boys or girls club?

bodfish

16What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:13 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's the spirit Ed!

17What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:38 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

OK so we have a few that are in and 2 that if the cannot make it will still donate, I will keep thinking this one through and see what we can come up with.

18What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:46 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Does anyone know when they start doing toys for tots at angel stadium. I am trying to find it but know luck so far, I also have e-mailed the organization LGHT suggested as far as them taking the rods and reels if toys for tots will not take them.

19What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:21 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

OK guys on my way home from work I was going over this in my head I hope no one gets upset. But I think I am going to make it Laguna Lake in Fullerton. The reason is my two youngest kids want to hang with everyone, but there Fasting disorder they have will really cut down on mine and there fishing time. They are on a tight schedule as far a meals go. If we are at Laguna I can meet everyone there and my kids can follow about and hour or 2 later.
My wife could bring them down and at lunch we can get them back home and back later for some more fishing. I understand this maybe out of the way for some and I am sorry hope you understand.
So back to the plans anyone else have some thoughts.

20What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:38 pm

I like the rod & reel idea but i think that would better if donated to something like dan hernandez kids group.
Doing toys will make it alot easier to donate. I know CHOC takes toys.
Back in the day when i was in a car club thats what we all did. It was a big oh event with hundreds of cars drving there all at once to drop off a unwrapped gift.

21What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:47 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That is good to my kids, wife and I spend enough to over there at CHOC. Thanks for the idea. Dan Hernandez is a great idea as well.

22What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:16 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I just saw this morning on the channel 7 news, "Spark Of Love" that is it not toys for tots. The fact is there is plenty of places that will take donations. But the spark of love will also take new sporting good equipment. So there is a place we could do toys and rods and reels.

Again I hope everyone understands the reason I want to hold this at Laguna Lake in Fullerton. My kids need too be on a special diet and it is strictly timed. So if we are in Fullerton they will be able to join us and spend more time in the long run.

It also looks like we will hold this on Dec. 11th with a start time of 7am till whenever I guess. There are trout stocks at Laguna Lake and for you bass dudes don't forget you swimbaits there are monster in there.

23What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:57 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Laguna lake is fine with me I never fished there. That's great your children want to fish with there pops even for a couple of staggered hours, very cool! It's all about good times with family and friends.

24What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:57 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Never fished there but like i said if i cant make i will be sending my donation with some one

25What about Toy for Tots Empty Re: What about Toy for Tots Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:28 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Thanks Ed well guys looks like there are about 7 or so guys willing to participate, very cool. I will be starting a offical thread for this and get it under way later today.
Should be fun to just hang out and fish with the families for a good cause thanks guys.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum