FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by jeffcpr Today at 9:46 am

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welding and drilling needed for pontoon frame

+5
bodfish
IN2DEEP
ed5000x
jeffcpr
TheAsianGuy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hi boys. If you live locally in the I.E. with welding capability and drilling platform, let me know. Rather than bringing it to the local blacksmith shop, I rather put and invite to the local forum members with the skills, and of course, I will pay you out of courtesy. Let me know how much you would charge for:

1. Drill a 1/8" holes on a 2" long, 1" diameter, precut metal pipes for the quick release D-ring slots.

2. Drill the same 1/8" holes on two bike's forks so I can mount it onto the pontoon's frame.

3. Weld the 2 short pipes onto a square tube that mount to the back of my pontoon. The tube will be removed for your welding pleasure, since it's only 2.5 ft in length by itself.

This mod will allow me to haul all my gears from car to water with greater efficiency, allowing me to max out all my gears, at 250lbs.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So AsianGuy did you ever get this handled and if so do you have any pictures I would like ot see the work.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Jeff. I got a member from the other fishing forum chimed in. However, he's a bit hesitant to weld aluminum to aluminum. He preferred stainless steel on stainless steel. That's easy enough. I got plenty of metal pipes sellers around here, and the toon has an additional slots for the bended pipes to be attached to if the welders don't want to touch the original frame. Got my parts ready. Just need a welder to can bend pipes, drill, and weld. If not, I have to get the blacksmith service that locates near my home. That's going to be one expensive job.

Thanks for checking up on me.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

No problem good luck hope it all works out.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i would hiy up vagabond for he welds and stuff like that

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sounds good. I'll chime him.

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

your welcome andd i think he goes to you dont sure but its all good

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Leo,
Do you have any sketches or links to similar designs?
Or is is super secret? Suspect
I've been working in a machine shop since 1979
I might be able to help you with a redesign and making it
But, I'm in Torrance and WLA

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Oh I do know of a machine shop were I used to work at and I still know guys who work there and would help out

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys!
I am in the same situation right now of designing and building a wheeled support for my QE2 sized toon and its cargo. there are plenty of accessories that can be bought but they are just not what I am looking for so I thought I would build my own. Found a source for graphite or carbon fiber tubing but I don't have a source for fittings for connecting the tubes. Anyone familiar with metal tubing fittings for use with carbon fiber tubing? I now have a spare set of 8' Bronco pontoons and would like to design and build a carbon fiber tube frame for them as well. any ideas?

bodfish

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bodfish,
Are you thinking carbon fiber because of the weight difference compared to aluminum?

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey IN2DEEP
Not necessarily, because the weight savings is not that significant, it is more about the issue of electrollisis in salt water. One of the most difficult things about a metal frame is the corrosion and electrollisis damage caused by salt water. Also I am convinced that the next step in float tube and toon fishing boats is carbon fiber hard hull boats. I would like to build one of the first.

bodfish

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My design is nothing of a secret. Merely an add-on to compensate for the lack of support for the single pontoon frame. Dave Scadden design his frames to expand from one person to 3. I merely want to take the expansion slots and ramp up the wheel support so I can balance my toon with 2 wheels rather than one, and haul my motor with battery in one single trip to the water and back. Single wheel system is a freaking pain, and hurt by back since I have to constantly shift balance from side to side. It's a massive struggle.

bodfish wrote:
Hey IN2DEEP
Not necessarily, because the weight savings is not that significant, it is more about the issue of electrollisis in salt water. One of the most difficult things about a metal frame is the corrosion and electrollisis damage caused by salt water. Also I am convinced that the next step in float tube and toon fishing boats is carbon fiber hard hull boats. I would like to build one of the first.

bodfish

why dont you powder coat the frame. you shouldnt have to worry about anything then. my buddy powder coated some stuff on his boat for his customed pot puller and there has been no problem. that pot puller gets alot of abuse and still looks like its new. would be lot cheep than carbon fiber

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bodfish wrote:
Hey IN2DEEP

bodfish
I see.
I don't have any experience working with CF
I bet they have CF frames in drag/race cars
Maybe research in that field

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:My design is nothing of a secret. Merely an add-on to compensate for the lack of support for the single pontoon frame. Dave Scadden design his frames to expand from one person to 3. I merely want to take the expansion slots and ramp up the wheel support so I can balance my toon with 2 wheels rather than one, and haul my motor with battery in one single trip to the water and back. Single wheel system is a freaking pain, and hurt by back since I have to constantly shift balance from side to side. It's a massive struggle.
Can you take a picture of the area that you want to mount to?

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:
Can you take a picture of the area that you want to mount to?

Easy enough. I'll take the photo later and post it to give you an overview of how the fame should be upgraded.

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My dad and I have a welding, metal fabricating and machining shop in Culver City. Any of you guys need something done I can help you out or point you in the right direction if we can't do it. We can weld steel, stainless, aluminum, magnesium, titanium, brass and copper.

Just a few things I give a heads up on with anyone I do work for from forums I am on is that I am not a designer "designers get paid alot" so have a plan/design and know what you want, yes we do charge we don't work for free but we will give you a discount rate over normal walk ins, and finally what ever I do for you for what ever price is between you and me... your friends and family and who ever else you want to hook up does not get the same price.

Any of you trying to build or fab something need this website!

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Vagabond wrote:My dad and I have a welding, metal fabricating and machining shop in Culver City. Any of you guys need something done I can help you out or point you in the right direction if we can't do it. We can weld steel, stainless, aluminum, magnesium, titanium, brass and copper.

Just a few things I give a heads up on with anyone I do work for from forums I am on is that I am not a designer "designers get paid alot" so have a plan/design and know what you want, yes we do charge we don't work for free but we will give you a discount rate over normal walk ins, and finally what ever I do for you for what ever price is between you and me... your friends and family and who ever else you want to hook up does not get the same price.

Any of you trying to build or fab something need this website!

Aero Welding?

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Aye

Dano67

Dano67

I need no welding, I have toothpicks and duct tape Twisted Evil

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bubble gum and a hanger here if you need it

Dano67

Dano67

Im on it!!!Thanks. Is it grape cause that sticks the best.

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LOL You guys are freaking hilarious! Great to have good opened minded humors here.

Mendozauly

Mendozauly
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey i can do welding but i only have done structure steel!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum