FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question of the month?

+10
smith's handpoured baits
LGHT
n2deepfsw
ed5000x
Fisher
TheAsianGuy
waxon67
jeffcpr
Tubinferbass
Aquaholic38
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Question of the month? Empty Question of the month? Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:03 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The Law:
The Alabama Rig, as it is manufactured, is currently in violation of state fishing regulations in Iowa, Minnesota, Tennessee and perhaps other states. as use of the Alabama Rig Spreads, expect some other sates to take another look at their lures and revise or clerify them to either permit or prohibit it. To be on the safe side, check your sate`s regulation before you give it a try.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Question: Should the Alabama Rig be banned?

2Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:05 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I say, keep it out of tournaments.

3Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:24 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

the alabama ridge is jus like the umbrella rig n in the state of california u are only allowed three hooks per rig. So as long as u have the correct amount of hooks I c no problem with the bait. I dont think there should b any reason to ban this rig. Its still an artificial lure n the trolling n ocean guys have used the umbrella rig for years n nobody has said nothin bout that set up. The alabama rig is jus a smaller casting version of the umbrella rig. As long as u stay with in the state guide lines it should b fine. An not havin it n tournaments is wrong next thin theyll complain bout is the scent attractent or no large swim baits cuz they mimic the real thin. KEEP THIS BAIT! especially since its legal n this horrible law state.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

4Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:44 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I guess if state law says three hooks to a rig then as lomg as you have just that it is fine. But maybe it is somthing that should be kept clear of Tournaments, just like we have artificals only maybe there could individual rules set for individual tournaments.
I agree I don't think there is any reason to outlaw this rig. But it is good to know that it is out there so that we can put rules in place if we feel the need.

Another good question all though that was a high level thinker type thinng my head hurts.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:23 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I jus think its funny we cant use live bait so we create baits to mimic the real deal n people still say no. I think they should bann the mimic sonar in tournys which emits sonar waves in the water that mimics the sounds of schooloin bait fish.

6Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:24 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Tubinferbass wrote:I jus think its funny we cant use live bait so we create baits to mimic the real deal n people still say no. I think they should bann the mimic sonar in tournys which emits sonar waves in the water that mimics the sounds of schooloin bait fish.

Man there is so much I don't know can I get one of those sonar things on my tube please. Twisted Evil

7Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:33 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:
Tubinferbass wrote:I jus think its funny we cant use live bait so we create baits to mimic the real deal n people still say no. I think they should bann the mimic sonar in tournys which emits sonar waves in the water that mimics the sounds of schooloin bait fish.

Man there is so much I don't know can I get one of those sonar things on my tube please. Twisted Evil

Lol I wanted to do the same thin

8Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:40 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I agree. Its almost like "chumming" fresh water. I think its a question of sportsmanship and the definition thereof. Open to interpretation it seems...

9Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:52 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Rather than spending on a sonar to emit high frequency sound, a cheaper method is spinners with propelling screamers to mimic a school of fishes. Four of that mounted on a PVC, and you'll have fishes coming for you butt.

10Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:53 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dude this is getting interesting. study

11Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:58 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

this are questions from BASS MASTER magazine shhhhhh silent

12Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:00 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Keep up the good work in the Question of the Month Thumbs Up

13Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:03 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

How would you work that set up?

14Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:05 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Very carefully fo sho

15Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:27 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:How would you work that set up?
check the link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
i think they show how and where to buy

16Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:48 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

u cast it out and reel it in theres lots of ways to work the A-rig and it shouldnt be ban in any way its technology things get better in time no way of getting around it

17Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:00 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Aquaholic38 wrote:
waxon67 wrote:How would you work that set up?
check the link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
i think they show how and where to buy
Ya I started a post on this weeks ago with a video. I was curious about the spinner bait pvc thing mentioned before. The A rig alone is like pitching a lamp shade...introducing pvc and more metal has me curious.

18Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:11 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That sounds crazy... Its jus with the sonar version it can do multiple sounds to mimic a variety of baitfish. If gills not workin change to shad if thats not workin change again n so on crazy crazy.

19Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:15 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
Ya I started a post on this weeks ago with a video. I was curious about the spinner bait pvc thing mentioned before. The A rig alone is like pitching a lamp shade...introducing pvc and more metal has me curious.

You have to understand that sonar mimicking is really old technology being added into the mix. Why do you think whales follow submarines, or small fishes follow motorized boats? It's not the sonar sounds, rather, its the water oscillating frequency to mimic certain fish species. It's not sonar frequency generation, but rather, sound modulation generation from the sonar unit, merely copy the maddening method.

As for PVC piping, since we're on floats, simply create an extension PVC, or rather, a PVC float device (allowing a bit of water into the PVC body with a screw cap to sink the PVC body down at different depths below water surface), add a few $1.20 golden willow with silver Colorado leaves via a spinner rig, add on a few screamer's metal body for $0.65 each, and you mimic nearly 90% of the baitfish species out there. Total cost, less than $15. Sonar with sound modulation, $350. No thanks.

20Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:19 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

You have to understand that sonar mimicking is really old technology being added into the mix. Why do you think whales follow submarines, or small fishes follow motorized boats? It's not the sonar sounds, rather, its the water oscillating frequency to mimic certain fish species. It's not sonar frequency generation, but rather, sound modulation generation from the sonar unit, merely copy the maddening method.

As for PVC piping, since we're on floats, simply create an extension PVC, or rather, a PVC float device (allowing a bit of water into the PVC body with a screw cap to sink the PVC body down at different depths below water surface), add a few $1.20 golden willow with silver Colorado leaves via a spinner rig, add on a few screamer's metal body for $0.65 each, and you mimic nearly 90% of the baitfish species out there. Total cost, less than $15. Sonar with sound modulation, $350. No thanks.

Yep got the sonar concept. But thanks. What I wanted to know was what this other rig consisted of. Now I do so thanks to you!

21Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:38 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice subject it is very interesting on the technology out there for fishing

22Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:40 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Pretty cool

23Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:35 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I fished those a long time ago while trolling deep waters in mexico and they work great between patties. We would setup it up so every lure has a hook, but they also had "dummy" lures that didn't have a hook if you where fishing in california and couldn't have 12 hooks in the water on 1 setup. The good part of those is if you have an off rigger you could do 1 from each side and 1 from the back at various distances.

I think if you only had a few lures with hooks and the rest without it would be fine. However not sure if the tourny guys would allow it either way.

Another thing that I picked up that's suppose to work is a bass lure with an embedded microchip that sends out a vibration pulse every 7 seconds when you turn it on. Haven't really fished for bass much, but I believe those are also banned from tournaments.

24Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:02 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

hubby says that in "bass master" mag there is an article about the alabama rig.
in that article it says "don't worry about seeing it in CA. due to the laws"
which i believe are limited to 3 baits with 3 hooks each.
might be worth a look up in the regs.

Last edited by smith's handpoured baits on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops!)

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

25Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:07 pm

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Man I have enough problems with just one hook.. lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum