FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by jeffcpr Today at 9:46 am

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question of the month?

+10
smith's handpoured baits
LGHT
n2deepfsw
ed5000x
Fisher
TheAsianGuy
waxon67
jeffcpr
Tubinferbass
Aquaholic38
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Question of the month? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:30 am

Dano67

Dano67

One hook on regular, but on fly fishing I will use a dropper off the top fly.

27Question of the month? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:36 am

Dano67

Dano67

Well guess I should have read the whole post.... My Bad

28Question of the month? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:11 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Zulu rig - just two. Pretty effective and a little more on the simple side.

29Question of the month? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:57 am

Mendozauly

Mendozauly
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

just my $ .02

30Question of the month? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question of the month? Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:16 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hee Hee,
Every thing old is new again!
About 30 years ago, when Pyramid Lake, Castaic, and Willow Beach, Lake Lanier, Elephant Butte, etc., etc., were the premiere Striper fisheries in the country,there was a group of hard core striper guys who in their efforts to catch 30lb + stripes would try anything and everything to get it done. Umbrella rigs, spreader bars,
daisy chains, tandems, trandems, and even green sticks!! These guys tried it all. (including 14-15" long wooden trout baits! who knew?) Most of these techniques and lures were taken from commercial tuna and tournament bill fishing. The idea is to imitate a small fleeing bait school. I remember seeing rigs with up to 12 lures on them. They are primarily a trolling rig and technique. The difference with todays Alabama rig is that it has been adapted to casting the whole mess with a rod and reel as opposed to trolling it. Good grief the extremes some folks will go to, to win at competitive fishing. to much work for this old dawg! But you watch, all the rigs I just mentioned will see a lot of experimenting in the next few years! Hee Hee!

bodfish

Should it be outlawed? Nah, I think it will run it's course like all things and as long as it does not violate present local law it will be allowed. There may be modifications regarding how many hooks but the number of bodies shouldn't change.( as many as you can handle!) I think the lure companies are feverishly trying to refine it, and i think you will see the rig get smaller and easier to cast as well as it trying to mimic more natural presentations. I would like to see a rig that more closely imitated a small, tight , scared , fleeing shad school that was no bigger than 5-6 bodies, no longer than 10-12" long and had only one hook in the trailing body. Here is a bait that a BIG fish will try and engulf WHOLE!! and thats what I'm talking about!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum