FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Facebook or no Facebook

+11
IN2DEEP
ed5000x
n2deepfsw
HEADCASE881
Kelster
MASSfisher
Fisher
Tubinferbass
waxon67
Aquaholic38
jeffcpr
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Facebook Yes or No

Facebook or no Facebook Vote_lcap244%Facebook or no Facebook Vote_rcap 44% [ 8 ]
Facebook or no Facebook Vote_lcap26%Facebook or no Facebook Vote_rcap 6% [ 1 ]
Facebook or no Facebook Vote_lcap250%Facebook or no Facebook Vote_rcap 50% [ 9 ]
Facebook or no Facebook Vote_lcap20%Facebook or no Facebook Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Facebook or no Facebook Empty Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:20 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So should we set up a facebook page for the forum. I am asking you guys because I don't facebook, not my thing. There is a member that will run it and I did set one up just not sure what I am doing and don't have the time to run it.
So what do you think Facebook or no Facebook. Might be a great way to open this forum up even more. Or maybe you like the forum just like it is so vote and let us know.
Thumbs Up

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:39 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I do facebook but I try not to mix some things with other, but like jeff said, it may be a way to open up the forum. we can give it a try see what happens...
Im thinking what would it be like, now i have to check the forum topics and facebook status and topics; I berly cen keep up with one haha and now having to sources, would it be confusing on gatherings posted on only one site? hmmmmm scratch

3Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:46 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think as a resource and to make a connection with tackle shops and manufacturers of fishing products then its a good thing. I have mentioned our forum in various places and they have suggested we FB so they can connect with us.. I am ok with doing it. I am also ok with not doing it. I see advantages and disadvantages.

I think putting up for a vote was the best way to address this.

4Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:50 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My ol lady loves the facebook n on it all the time...... As fer me cant say that ive even really looked at the site... this site is my facebook!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

5Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:52 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So we are split Yes to FB and I don't care lets fish. So I think those I don't care lets fish are votes for Yes to FB. Thumbs Up

Lets let it run for a bit and Waxon I will be talking to you about this really soon Cool

6Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:55 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Tubinferbass wrote:My ol lady loves the facebook n on it all the time...... As fer me cant say that ive even really looked at the site... this site is my facebook!

Well put I am not against facebook just not one that has ever used it before. I agree with Wax there is Pros and Cons to it I am sure.

7Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:52 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

dont matter to me

8Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:08 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So if we do this will there be people here that are going to be on the FB page. I do think it will bring new members in and I hope it will bring in some new sponsors as well.

9Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:17 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Facebook would be cool. Another forum I'm on (yes I'm a traitor but so aren't all of you) does it and it allows people to "tag" pictures of fish that show up on the page.

It can be a good thing just has to be regulated but is definitely a great way to get the forums name out there. If whoever runs it needs help or ideas I can be of assistance. The biggest thing is going to all the Tackle companies facebook pages that we like/support us and liking their page. From there a lot of people will get the word. Also, a lot of companies like the added publicity....if I were to catch a huge fish using a certain lure for example, it would be good for that company and for the forum because they would be more likely to donate stuff for gatherings and whatnot.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

10Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:39 am

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I don't see a down-side so sure,

11Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:42 am

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Im with tubbin I prefer my fishbook(ftff) over facebook if you have friend on facebook invite them over to the forum.I think it will damage the purpose of the site when we go to facebook for our info what would the purpose be for the site after that we all just write on that wall not this one imo.

Last edited by HEADCASE881 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

12Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:45 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MASSfisher wrote:Facebook would be cool. Another forum I'm on (yes I'm a traitor but so aren't all of you) does it and it allows people to "tag" pictures of fish that show up on the page.

It can be a good thing just has to be regulated but is definitely a great way to get the forums name out there. If whoever runs it needs help or ideas I can be of assistance. The biggest thing is going to all the Tackle companies facebook pages that we like/support us and liking their page. From there a lot of people will get the word. Also, a lot of companies like the added publicity....if I were to catch a huge fish using a certain lure for example, it would be good for that company and for the forum because they would be more likely to donate stuff for gatherings and whatnot.

Yep I think so too! The guy at Fisherman's Access showed me the way it works for their page. One like by someone can represent thousands of viewers.

13Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:52 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am still liking the idea for the tackle companies. I am one that will be in the forum and not so much on the facebook side but there is still some pros I can not deny.
Only thing I am worried about it the forum blowing up but then again is that a bad thing i don't no.

14Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:55 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think it's a good idea to bring in new members and sponsors.

15Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:06 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well first thing to remember is moderators will have to be on their toes as riff raff is bound to breeze in. Forum expansion is likely and requires dedication. I don't think its really something to be too concerned with. A more mindful approach to threads bearing hard earned and coveted information such as launch locations. honey holes etc would be wise as poachers and riff raff scan forums like this to then go rape our prized fishing spots. This is something I think should be exercised anyway but that is just my opinion.

Remember we can always pull the plug and nothing about it changes the actual forum and no one need involve themselves with FB if they don't want to. If this is your FB so be it. The whole concept is more of a marketing angle and does not concern most readers. Unless they want to be concerned.

Anyone with more ideas and points regarding this please voice your opinion as your input is of great value.

Thanks

16Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:08 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jeff, I dont think the forum will blow up too much. The cool thing about float tubers is that there aren't that many of us.....we are elite!

So im sure we will get tons of new people...but mainly guys who are into float tubing. Plus, most people who invest in a float tube take fishing pretty seriously. I dont think we will get too many guys who are just looking for beginner info (not that theres anything wrong with that...but there are better places for them to get knowledge). But if they are just getting started into float tubing this place is awesome. I just dont ever see this site turning into a place were thousands and thousands of people join...with over 50% of them being rude and stupid and not even posting. Instead I see this place as a site that will get much bigger...with almost 100% participation from serious anglers.

Here's the facebook page of the other forum I'm on (Oceanic Angler). As a matter of fact, its a cool forum and i only found out about it because they sent me a friend request.

Hopefully that link works for the guys who dont have facebook accounts.

Reports are never posted on the facebook page, however links to the site and new reports are posted there.

17Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:13 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Cool I would like to see us get better on people being involved in posting and comments. I know we are not there yet but there are alot of us on here posting and contributing.
Ya I am sure we will not blow up but I also don't what us to get to a point that is become to hard to keep track of what ios being posted. I don't want to sound like I am micro managing just want to keep this place clean and friendly. You know like it is right now.

18Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:25 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's a good link and a good example Massfisher.

19Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:30 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yea, its not micromanaging when you have to worry about stuff going crazy....that's just....life i guess.

And on the link I posted...they have a ton of random stuff on there. Whoever is running the FB page can easily control who is posting and what can be posted. The page can be set to "private" with some info so people know what we are all about but can't see everything WE post. That way if some info on "spots" leak out they cant see it. Pus, never in a million years would I post a spot on facebook for tons of people to see. We should keep it the same way if we go through with this. I see it as this:

We have a FB page
We "like" different tackle companies, and certain fishing related FB pages (example: IGFA, shimano, big hammer, t&c lures....etc. etc.)

If any of our members are on facebook they can be "friends" with this forums facebook page.

The guy running the FB page can send friend requests to certain people who are not spammers, poachers etc. Those people can be friends with us and either join our forum or not. It's not a big deal if they do or don't. The cool thing is we could make it so only members of the forum can view pictures and other specific things...if we were to choose to do that.

These are just a few of my ideas if we decide to make a FB page, either way the forum is awesome now and this can only make it better as long as we dont allow anything bad to happen.

20Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I see, I can befriend, comment or post on "oceanic Angler" on fb with out joining their forum...How would we know on fb who is from FTFF when we probably have diferent names on fb and FTFF?

21Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:04 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Simple...when you send a friend request on facebook you can add a message. All you gotta say is: Please add me...this is Massfisher, or Aquaholic38 or whatever). Plus, you can write on their wall...but if they wanted they could make it so only certain people or certain groups of people could write, or view on their wall.

22Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:11 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

And there is never really gonna be a simple fix to not allowing certain people on the FB page..we can allow somebody to see our page but cant really determine who they are and what type of a person they are....but there would/should never really be a situation why anyone cant look at it. Any information about fishing spots should be guarded...even on here to a degree (non members can probably see what I'm typing right now).

The biggest thing I think is just getting the name out there.

23Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:24 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

this is the only face book i need

24Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:54 pm

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yeah we will end up with alot of trolls trying to bring up conversation that will purposly aggravate some thats just how they are we will pick through them quickly if you see some one that looks like a fake profile just dont accept the friend request. like i said i am down to go with this but it will bring in the riff raff ive seen it on other site and it just becomes no fun so we will have to police the site a little harder.

25Facebook or no Facebook Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:57 pm

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

whats the facebook name im looking for so i can send my request

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum