FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Troutbum Today at 9:58 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

How often is to often?

+6
n2deepfsw
ed5000x
Dano67
Aquaholic38
MASSfisher
Tubinferbass
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How often is to often? Empty How often is to often? Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:51 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ok I guess I have this bad habit of re stringing my rods about every 2 weeks or so. I cant help it I like fresh line an after gettin chewed out by the ol lady fer re stringing again tonight Smile I come to ask you guys. How often do you guys change your lines? Plz somebody tell me there a compulsive line changer too.... Lol

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

2How often is to often? Empty Re: How often is to often? Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:00 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I used to change line ALL the time....at least when i was rockin the 6lb mono for spotties. Lately ive been fishing power pro and only change the leader.

But that 6lb line gets all nicked up for no reason at all and if i feel anything wrong with it i change it right away.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

3How often is to often? Empty Re: How often is to often? Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

you`re suppost to change the line???? Shocked

4How often is to often? Empty Re: How often is to often? Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:32 pm

Dano67

Dano67

I have a year on my 6lb Berkley Vision that has been fished every weekend if not more. I think I will be changing it now, you are making me all self conscious. pale

5How often is to often? Empty Re: How often is to often? Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:35 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i dont even change my sting that much only if its feeling bad or breaking real easy

6How often is to often? Empty Re: How often is to often? Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:40 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It been about a year since I changed mine out, I'll change it when I start loosing fish.

7How often is to often? Empty Re: How often is to often? Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:16 pm

jaws197

jaws197
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I fill my spool most of the way with power pro and top shot with either berkley XL or Flouro so I only have to change a fraction of the line and can do it whenever I get some nicks or a nice one that I feel has put some serious stretch to to the line.

Makes it so much easier and quicker! Thumbs Up

8How often is to often? Empty Re: How often is to often? Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:18 pm

when i was using mono only, i would change it when I went through 1/4 of line.
Now I use powerpro with top shoot and now I only change out 3ft or 4ft of leader only.

9How often is to often? Empty Re: How often is to often? Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:38 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ah the power pro...... I love it jus not on the big rods no strech fer when I get my rats nest n that sudden jerk. Ive lost some costly lures that way now just on froggin rod. Im might think bout changin over is jus like mono n copolymer.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

10How often is to often? Empty Re: How often is to often? Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:01 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yea power pro os really nice. My power pro js getting old but instead of changing it im gonna respool it onto my other reel so the worn out part will be deep and never be used (unless i get a monster halibut that rips line from me like a freak).

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

11How often is to often? Empty Re: How often is to often? Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:23 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

At first I changed mine out a lot trying to figure out what lines I like now that i'm happy I haven't changed them yet, but then again I don't fish as often as I like maybe once or twice a month so I probably don't need to either.

12How often is to often? Empty Re: How often is to often? Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:25 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MASSfisher wrote:I used to change line ALL the time....at least when i was rockin the 6lb mono for spotties. Lately ive been fishing power pro and only change the leader.

But that 6lb line gets all nicked up for no reason at all and if i feel anything wrong with it i change it right away.

Same here. PowerPro braid, normally light in the 2 and 4lbs. Hunting stipers, 15lbs. Only change out my leader.

13How often is to often? Empty Re: How often is to often? Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:02 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I use a line conditioner that seems to hold over my line season to season pretty well. Fluro likes to be stretched if you can call it that, real hard from time to time. On reels with braid I'm an Izor guy not much into Power Pro. I top shot but I beat up so much leader that my replacement schedule is many times a year so it's never an issue. I also keep my reels and line out of sun light and away from heat. I never buy line that is sitting in a shop where it is obviously exposed to either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum