FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Troutbum Today at 9:58 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Empty Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:28 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Not sure if bait will apply to the bays because of it's larger size, but it's good info anywaysSuspect

2Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Empty Re: Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:24 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good post.

3Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Empty Re: Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:27 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I used something similar in a trahfish lure, but didn't rig it with the twist wire in the front like that. Basically they have you run the entire hook through the bait to rig it which does tear it up a bit.

Anyone know where to get just the little round corkscrew wire parts for hooks. Since I already brought a few dozen of the weighted hooks I just want to get that part and try it out.

4Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Empty Re: Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:34 am

itchybass

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

This would be good for the wall.

5Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Empty Re: Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:43 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LGHT wrote:I used something similar in a trahfish lure, but didn't rig it with the twist wire in the front like that. Basically they have you run the entire hook through the bait to rig it which does tear it up a bit.

Anyone know where to get just the little round corkscrew wire parts for hooks. Since I already brought a few dozen of the weighted hooks I just want to get that part and try it out.
Owner sells just the cork screws with the centering pin

6Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Empty Re: Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:03 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice

7Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Empty Re: Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:31 pm

good post. you can do this type of rigging to any type of swimbait but there are couple of tricks you need to do in order to do it right.
you need to take a razor blade and cut the belly to make it look like the swim bait in the video. it works great. any size swim bait

8Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Empty Re: Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:09 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:good post. you can do this type of rigging to any type of swimbait but there are couple of tricks you need to do in order to do it right.
you need to take a razor blade and cut the belly to make it look like the swim bait in the video. it works great. any size swim bait

Yeah thanks for the info. I realized that was one of the bad designs in using a trashfish and I found a nice video showing you EXACTLY how and where to cut that lure in order to make it work. However they didn't use the same type of rigging as this one. Hopefully I can use both mods to get the bait to work flawlessly!

9Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Empty Re: Rigging an MC Weedless Swimbait Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Any type of wide gap worm hook will work as well. You may want to use alittle bit of super glue if your using a hook with out the spring, like for a 3" or 4" swim bait. Anything larger, I would use the spring/hook set up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum