FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

DPH....A nice surprise! video added!

+6
bodfish
Hammer 4
IN2DEEP
Aquaholic38
Scion619
MASSfisher
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:37 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Can't believe i didnt post this here...thought that I did...but ive been super busy at work and havent slept much in the last few days. I dont have a pic but have a video...finishing up some editing and will post it tomorrow.

Went to DPH a few days ago to drift some dines for butta....i was in for a few surprises.

I get to the water and the wind was manageable bit still a pain to deal with. On my second drift I hook up with something big but it wasn't putting up a fight. Get him to color and I thought it was a HUGE hali...but he was barely fighting so I didn't know what it was. Bring him up a bit further and it appears to be a SNGF. It took me quite awhile to unhook him...at one point I even used my rapala lip grips on him but he somehow shook out of them?? WTF. I finally manage to grab the leader and unhook him with some pliers. After I started to think....SNGF do not have mouths in front of their heads...they are located underneath. Anyways...i continue to fish and was surrounded by pelicans...nothing unusual. Then,they begin to attack my bait net...trying to tear it open. Occasionally they'd latch on and it it wasnt for quick thinking they would have actually ripped it open. Not sure if its illegal,but a cool guy on a sailboat gave me a metal pole to beat them with lol. Seriously though,it was becoming a safety concern. If this happens anymore my days of fishing with live bait in DPH may be over. It seems like the pelicans get smarter and smarter each time they see me. Next time i might bring my own metal pole...or maybe my handgun. Ended up dumping my bait oit abd leaving because it was getting late and was IMPOSSIBLE to fish with the damned pelicans around.

Oh i was joking about my gun...ill leave it at home. Any LEGAL suggestions on keeping them away.

Oh....i caught an angel shark!! Glad i didnt lose a finger when i put my hand next to his mouth when i was removing the hook. I didnt take a pic because i orginally thought it was a SNGF....but i do have video footage that I will add once i edit it!

Quick[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by MASSfisher on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

2DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:38 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I copied and pastes from another forum...sorry its not more "tuber friendly"....but like i said ive been pretty busy lately. Also...sorry for the cell phone typos as usual lol

3DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:28 am

Scion619

Scion619
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

DPH? What does that stand for

4DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:51 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sorry...Dana Point Harbor. And SNGF=shovel nose guitar fish. I'm back on my computer...video is loading now and I will post it later...but now I'm gonna grab some food.

5DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:42 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Video added!

6DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:56 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

eeeeeeeeeeeeehhhaa!!farao ( i couldnt find a cow boy smiley lol) Im not into conty but that song sure made me bang my head! greate post,
that must`ve been funny but sacry! friking pelicans!

7DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:32 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice Massfisher!
Sounds like a pretty exciting day!
Watch out for those Angel Sharks, I think that they can be very mean and agressive!
Those pesky pelicans! Hunger trumps brains. You should see what the bait dock guys have to put up with them around.
I hear that they use them for the fish tacos south of the boarder?

8DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:03 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yea I wasn't feeling that music either...not with the video at least. It's a pain finding something only to have youtube block it...i just changed it though, it should be ready to view pretty soon.

9DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:Nice Massfisher!
Sounds like a pretty exciting day!
Watch out for those Angel Sharks, I think that they can be very mean and agressive!
Those pesky pelicans! Hunger trumps brains. You should see what the bait dock guys have to put up with them around.
I hear that they use them for the fish tacos south of the boarder?
holy crap!! haha

10DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:29 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lol yea i saw that video the other day....guess I got lucky. I really wish I had the video of me unhooking him because I had his head out of the water with my hand right up in his face....but a water droplet was on my lens after I got that underwater shot Evil or Very Mad Funny thing is that somebody here (i forget who) told me to use rain-x....I had some but didnt use it.

11DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:57 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano said to use Rain-x
I need to do mine also

12DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:01 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MASSfisher wrote:Yea I wasn't feeling that music either...not with the video at least. It's a pain finding something only to have youtube block it...i just changed it though, it should be ready to view pretty soon.
The copyright issue is such a pain in the a**
If it's a short vid, you might want to give vimeo a try
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:Dano said to use Rain-x
I need to do mine also
what`s Rain-x?

14DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:34 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yea your right...it was Dano. I believe rain-x is designed for car windshields, repels the water really well.

15DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:36 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Rain-X is a product that you apply to you car windshield to make the rain slide off and not bead up.
It works but I quit using it because it seemed to make my wipers chatter or hop

16DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sorry for OT, but get some Bosh ICon wipers, about 30.00 a set, but oh so worth it. Wink

17DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:07 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:Sorry for OT, but get some Bosh ICon wipers, about 30.00 a set, but oh so worth it. Wink
Myself- Walmart replacement inserts and more money for tackle What a Face

18DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:25 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Holy crap!
Be careful with those angels, they have an extendable lower jaw that can reach out and really cause some damage. They are very docile until they are not, Then LOOK OUT! Had to take many a floon to the emergency room cuz they tried to bring one on board! Hee, Hee,... bodfish

19DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:46 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bodfish wrote:
Holy crap!
Be careful with those angels, they have an extendable lower jaw that can reach out and really cause some damage. They are very docile until they are not, Then LOOK OUT! Had to take many a floon to the emergency room cuz they tried to bring one on board! Hee, Hee,... bodfish

I got lucky bod....wish I knew this info before I hooked into it lol.

Also, ya know those grips you hooked me up with? He shook out of them! Seriously....they were firmly in his mouth and he went crazy as hell....I'm sure they weren't in his jaw 100% but he went berserk! Unfortunately I didn't get that part on film Crying or Very sad

20DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:24 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

hey massfisher,
sorry to hear about the grip failure. I have never used them before so I don't have any experience with them. Hmmm,... a design failure? Well just glad you didn't have a bad experience with the Angel. They can be really tricky to handle., and they can be really dangerous. They were one of the few fish that we NEVER brought onboard!

bodfish

21DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:26 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I was looking at them today Bod any they work perfectly. For them to work 100% they have to be all the way in the fishes mouth....I never got them in all the way...thats the only reason he escaped.

After hearing so many people talk about how dangerous they are im glad i was lucky....

22DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:40 am

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

well done Mass well done I might be moving back to D.P. april probably

https://youtu.be/mGBfDMfA0RU

23DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:02 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:Rain-X is a product that you apply to you car windshield to make the rain slide off and not bead up.
It works but I quit using it because it seemed to make my wipers chatter or hop
lol

24DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:13 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very sick video buddy! Did you use 2 gopro cameras?

25DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Empty Re: DPH....A nice surprise! video added! Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:27 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice video! Great outing, minus the flying garbage disposals.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum