FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

nph 11092014 *added pics*

+5
Tony G Fishing
MenyoG
Pavo21
Jerdon
kin
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1nph 11092014 *added pics* Empty nph 11092014 *added pics* Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:47 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Got the pass from the wife and baby this morning. Without hesitation, I grabbed the tube and went off to the CGS. I. Didn't even think to check the tides, when I got there at 9, the water was pretty high. Worked my way down to about 1/3 of the way to the bait barge and kicked back. 7 fish for three hours of fishing. The spotties were just inhaling the 3" sexy smelt bh. Saw a good sized calico hanging around A piling before it swam off after seeing my fin. All my fish were pulled in swimming the bait above the grass. Pics to come later. Felt great to get out on the water again after so long.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by kin on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:20 am; edited 2 times in total

2nph 11092014 *added pics* Empty Re: nph 11092014 *added pics* Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Congratz on getting out!

3nph 11092014 *added pics* Empty Re: nph 11092014 *added pics* Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:19 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i know that feeling man! i my first trip out after my second baby was like 8 months after he was born lol now its a little eaiser with him turning 2 xmas eve. gratz on the fish and getting outta the house.

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

4nph 11092014 *added pics* Empty Re: nph 11092014 *added pics* Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:25 pm

MenyoG

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Dude,

Good job.

I blew off Newport cause it was foggy in Garden Grove @ 0530.  I figured it would be worse there.

I chose Alamitos instead. I figured less boat traffic to deal with.

I hooked three fish, all small, all on the drop shot.

The fog seemed to start clearing right about 0830-0900, when I was getting out.

Next time,
Manuel

5nph 11092014 *added pics* Empty Re: nph 11092014 *added pics* Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:04 am

Congrats and thanks for the report. Looking forword to the puctures

6nph 11092014 *added pics* Empty Re: nph 11092014 *added pics* Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:19 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Nice kin! Way to go bro!...good stuff

Tony g

great pics!

Last edited by Fishingdachronarch201E7 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total

7nph 11092014 *added pics* Empty Re: nph 11092014 *added pics* Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:32 am

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Manuel:
I love to fish in the fog/overcast days. I think the fish are more active and more willing to be aggressive due to the lack of a glaring sun over their heads. Then again, with lower vis, i stay closer towards shore and away from boater traffic. Saw a few close calls with some boaters/kayakers.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! With the baby here and growing/learning fast, I know for sure that these free passes are few and far between..for now at least...or so I hope. I was happy to be kicking around, happier with the first first and ecstatic after my 5th fish.
Now, wish my son was old enough to come out with me, but then again, I wish he grows up slower so I can enjoy his baby phase longer.

8nph 11092014 *added pics* Empty Re: nph 11092014 *added pics* Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:18 am

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice job on the spotties!

9nph 11092014 *added pics* Empty Re: nph 11092014 *added pics* Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:55 am

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Oh it was horribly overcast on Sunday. It was great for fishing but dangerous for small craft on the water. Nice job on the fish. They were active!

BTW, how do you set-up your fly rod for spotties?

10nph 11092014 *added pics* Empty Re: nph 11092014 *added pics* Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:49 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

Nice! Way to go kin Thumbs Up

11nph 11092014 *added pics* Empty Re: nph 11092014 *added pics* Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:37 am

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ifishtoolittle wrote:Oh it was horribly overcast on Sunday.  It was great for fishing but dangerous for small craft on the water.  Nice job on the fish.  They were active!

Dangerous was an understatement. I saw two boaters, one in a large power boat and one in a small center console get into a yelling match. Saw a kayaker toss the bird at a passing yacht for cutting him off, etc etc etc. Glad I stayed around the pilings.

I wasn't fishing the fly...I had two rods, one spinning (probably the one you see sticking straight forward, didn't even bother throwing it) and the other was a casting. I own a fly rod, never use it though since it's a short 2wt I believe. If I were to set up for spotties, a nice 6wt rod, sinking line with 8lb tippet with a basic streamer would've been great due to the amount of chovies I saw.
However, there was a LOT of grass in the water. A lot of good grass beds were pretty much pointless to fish without having the lure fouled almost instantaneously. I was forced to work areas with better current to avoid the grass.

12nph 11092014 *added pics* Empty Re: nph 11092014 *added pics* Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:52 pm

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

kin wrote:
Ifishtoolittle wrote:Oh it was horribly overcast on Sunday.  It was great for fishing but dangerous for small craft on the water.  Nice job on the fish.  They were active!

Dangerous was an understatement. I saw two boaters, one in a large power boat and one in a small center console get into a yelling match. Saw a kayaker toss the bird at a passing yacht for cutting him off, etc etc etc. Glad I stayed around the pilings.

I wasn't fishing the fly...I had two rods, one spinning (probably the one you see sticking straight forward, didn't even bother throwing it) and the other was a casting. I own a fly rod, never use it though since it's a short 2wt I believe. If I were to set up for spotties, a nice 6wt rod, sinking line with 8lb tippet with a basic streamer would've been great due to the amount of chovies I saw.
However, there was a LOT of grass in the water. A lot of good grass beds were pretty much pointless to fish without having the lure fouled almost instantaneously. I was forced to work areas with better current to avoid the grass.

Wow! That sounds nuts! I'm going to take my yak out this Saturday for its madien voyage. I just hope it's not as hellish like on Sunday.

I seriously though you were using a fly rod lol. My bad. Your second pic kinda looks like it with the eel grass looking like fly line and the baitcasting rod guides looking like a fly rod's.

13nph 11092014 *added pics* Empty Re: nph 11092014 *added pics* Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:38 pm

way to go looks like you did really good. As soon as I get my new tube ill be out there at NPH.

14nph 11092014 *added pics* Empty Re: nph 11092014 *added pics* Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:37 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great pics, thanks for the report.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum