Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay?

Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? Empty Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:55 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
What are your thoughts on jerk baits for bay fishing?

2Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? Empty Re: Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:09 am

itchybass

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
They are simply awesome.

3Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? Empty Re: Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:They are simply awesome.

I can't say I've used this method but I have thought about it. I don't throw cranks either, well not much anyway.

So you do well with the jerk baits in the bay? Are you throwing on eel grass and more open water or to the docks? All of the above?

4Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? Empty Re: Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:31 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:They are simply awesome.

I can't say I've used this method but I have thought about it. I don't throw cranks either, well not much anyway.

So you do well with the jerk baits in the bay? Are you throwing on eel grass and more open water or to the docks? All of the above?
I throw`em on desperate times, when nothing else works lol

5Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? Empty Re: Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:08 am

sumguyx103

sumguyx103
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
i havent been to the bay in a year but jerks have worked for me.. i mainly threw them in open water or along side the docks... but yes they get bit... from wat i remember... white colored one or blue back with white on the belly...

6Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? Empty Re: Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:24 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
I could see there use along the docks but can you really get spotties on them or what is the target fish for these baits

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

7Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? Empty Re: Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:36 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I saw it being done in SD bay in a video. They were fishing them along the eel grass. They were pulling up spotties. Not huge but legals. So I thought, why have I not done this? Crankbaits too. I have thrown cranks but I have never caught a spottie on it.

8Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? Empty Re: Suspending Jerk Baits in the bay? on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:37 pm

I have use them from time to time but in the shallow water over eel grass along docks and have done good with them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum