FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by BenPhartin Today at 7:45 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spot bay bass article

+4
n2deepfsw
Lok Dog
bodfish
MASSfisher
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spot bay bass article Empty Spot bay bass article Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:04 pm

here is a pretty good articles

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:29 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good stuff man thanks for sharing!

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

3Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:47 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Guys,
Very good articles. Brings back memories of my tournament attempts.
I like his four step approach to competing,...

1) recon and pre-plan, (pre fish?)
2) application
3) adjust
4) re-apply

I would only add....

5) re-adjust
6) re-apply
Ad Infinitum!!.... Hee HEE!

I like how they applied good tournament technique and only fished the "one rod, one mind", approach. Key, to fishing small areas. This is a tough concept for most fisherman to get their head around, but it works well.
The four locations he spoke of as key fish positions lacked only one point, and I feel that it is THE key point when fishing a tidally influenced area,... WHEN TO FISH THOSE LOCATIONS!!!
Also, an assumption that I think a lot of Bay fisherman make, which I feel limits their opportunities, is that the shallow protruding structure is the primary strike zone. (docks, rocks, and cans,) I have always put more emphasis on the larger channel bottom breaks. The shallow, or vertical stuff is where they live,.. the deeper channel breaks are where they go to eat! More fish, bigger fish, and ready biters! Timing is key!

bodfish

4Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:51 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

good info, thanks,..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

5Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:53 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

and i didnt know we can share a link from another fishing site! i've been banned from one once for telling a buddy about a float tube site thru PMs lol

6Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:19 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good info. Miller!

7Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Lok Dog wrote:and i didnt know we can share a link from another fishing site! i've been banned from one once for telling a buddy about a float tube site thru PMs lol

I dont know what the rules are on that but I only do it once in while and only on good articles like this one.

Getting banned through a pm because you recommended another site is just lame. I guess that forum isnt all that great to begain with lol!

8Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:31 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

No one should be reading your PM's anyway..

9Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:05 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bodfish wrote:
Hey Guys,
Very good articles. Brings back memories of my tournament attempts.
I like his four step approach to competing,...

1) recon and pre-plan, (pre fish?)
2) application
3) adjust
4) re-apply

I would only add....

5) re-adjust
6) re-apply
Ad Infinitum!!.... Hee HEE!

I like how they applied good tournament technique and only fished the "one rod, one mind", approach. Key, to fishing small areas. This is a tough concept for most fisherman to get their head around, but it works well.
The four locations he spoke of as key fish positions lacked only one point, and I feel that it is THE key point when fishing a tidally influenced area,... WHEN TO FISH THOSE LOCATIONS!!!
Also, an assumption that I think a lot of Bay fisherman make, which I feel limits their opportunities, is that the shallow protruding structure is the primary strike zone. (docks, rocks, and cans,) I have always put more emphasis on the larger channel bottom breaks. The shallow, or vertical stuff is where they live,.. the deeper channel breaks are where they go to eat! More fish, bigger fish, and ready biters! Timing is key!

bodfish

Last point was a good one. My current feelings about finding fish is the ability to cover water effectively. In a tube it is much slower and over all not very effective. This is why I feel keeping notes after each trip is important and really paying attention to the area you are fishing. I have gone out just for recon purposes with the attitude that if I catch fish great but if I am going to get skunked at least I want to put some real estate under my tube. Note the area and what it offers for later. I know there are guys that fish a spot because it produces but not really know why and there fore when it fails to produce, they are at a loss to duplicate the conditions elsewhere.

10Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:17 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lok Dog wrote:and i didnt know we can share a link from another fishing site! i've been banned from one once for telling a buddy about a float tube site thru PMs lol

Did you pm the admin. from that forum? Lol

11Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:27 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Waxon,...

Yup! Tubes are slow but sure. Want to cover more area and step up your game?

TOONS!!!!

Hee Hee Hee,....

But seriously, one of the main reasons I stepped up to a toon way back when, was to cover more water and expand the range and effectiveness of my time. Also toons are superb recon vehicles. You and your toon and a good meter can really, effectively, recon your water and reduce the amount of time wasted, fishing low percentage water. Also, ( and you guys have heard me say this many many times) I think toons are an excellent fishing platform, superior to tubes in many many ways.

bodfish

PS I realize that there are many reasons why anyone chooses to tube or toon. But I firmly believe that if you are serious about stepping up your game, You need to sit a little higher in the water Hee Hee

12Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:

Did you pm the admin. from that forum? Lol

hahaha that would have been more funny, when he was banning me i did invite him to check it out green happy

13Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:54 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very good articles
Thanks for sharing!

14Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:10 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Got to love SD

15Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:17 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:Got to love SD

Uh..uh..I don't have to if I don't want to. Neener...neener! tongue

16Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:46 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:Got to love SD

I only fished San Diego a couple of times and everytime was a great one!

17Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I was trying to get there this week end but this weekend is to short to do anything i hope maybe next weekend i will be tubing sd bay i wont know for sure until the last minute tho

18Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:47 am

never fished inside of the bays down there but love fishing out of S.D.

19Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:48 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bodfish wrote:
Hey Waxon,...

Yup! Tubes are slow but sure. Want to cover more area and step up your game?

TOONS!!!!

Hee Hee Hee,....

But seriously, one of the main reasons I stepped up to a toon way back when, was to cover more water and expand the range and effectiveness of my time. Also toons are superb recon vehicles. You and your toon and a good meter can really, effectively, recon your water and reduce the amount of time wasted, fishing low percentage water. Also, ( and you guys have heard me say this many many times) I think toons are an excellent fishing platform, superior to tubes in many many ways.

bodfish

PS I realize that there are many reasons why anyone chooses to tube or toon. But I firmly believe that if you are serious about stepping up your game, You need to sit a little higher in the water Hee Hee

Hmmmm...my choice to cover more real estate just became a yak. I see your point about height above water...but I'm thinking there are some yakers might argue that point. Personally I have to lean in your direction until I discover for myself otherwise. I just don't have love for toon. Seems like a lot of set up and weight and "stuff" to do in preparation. But I admit, never been on one and I really don't have the right to comment on pontoons. Just observations I've made of tooners setting up and fishing.

Probably should move this discussion to another thread.

20Spot bay bass article Empty Re: Spot bay bass article Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:49 am

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

With all the spottie action that's happening in SD I'm really tempted to go down there soon!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum