FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by jeffcpr Today at 9:46 am

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

GoPro HD vs Contour HD

+7
Fisher
Boya321
n2deepfsw
waxon67
Tubinferbass
Lok Dog
wiseguy
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty GoPro HD vs Contour HD Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:28 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ok, I'm looking on purchasing a camera to get some cool bass slaying footage on video. What are the pros and cons from the GoPro HD vs Contour HD? I've read reviews on both and both seem to be equally good cameras and are priced about the same.

Which do you have and what do you like about it? Anything you can let me know and help me make a decision on which one to purchase?

Thanks.

2GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:38 am

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

From what I'm reading in reports everyone loves those gopro cameras,..

But it will be a cold day in hell when I put a camera on my head to film me catching bass lol I'll stick to my point and shoot,..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

3GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:53 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wasnt planning on putting the camera on my head either, but rather building a camera mount for the tube. Very Happy

4GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:01 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah go with the go pro camera I know a couple people with em an love em. Im gunna be gettin one soon I hope.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

5GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:34 am

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wiseguy wrote:wasnt planning on putting the camera on my head either, but rather building a camera mount for the tube. Very Happy

Haha movie star!

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

6GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:06 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

looking into the Contour GPS! Thumbs Up

7GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:33 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I want a nice video camera for my fishing. But I can't get past the, "am I a fisherman or a videographer?" aspect of the whole thing. I realize once you are set up the rest comes easy. But the editing? Yuk...or at least I think yuk...I really don't know with good software might not be so bad. Anyway, I'm sure it's in the not too distant future for me.

8GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:41 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

We have a couple of gopro cameras on the boat which is pretty cool. We have one mounted to the center console and the other to the net pole to take the shots as the fish is entering net & underwater footage.

9GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:06 am

Boya321

Boya321
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

If u get the go pro go with the hero 2 for better sound cuase u add a mini mic on it also I have really liked using adobe premium works really good when u get the hang of it

10GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:34 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

this seems like a good deal to me, what do you guys think? Dont really like the price tags on the GoPros and Contours.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:41 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

12GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:42 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

looks nice

13GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:58 pm

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

the best part of the HD 720P Mini Waterproof Helmet Camera "safe for men" Thumbs Up
lol!

14GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:06 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:the best part of the HD 720P Mini Waterproof Helmet Camera "safe for men" Thumbs Up
lol!

lol!

15GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:07 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Gopro gopro gopro!!!

Check out this videi i made. Some footage is from my gopro the other parts are from my buddies contour.

Just fast forward to different parts and im sure you'll be able to tell which one is the gopro (because the footage is better)

Also...the gopro is in a housing all the time whether its waterproof or not. The contour has a big ugly orange waterproof housing and if you dont want to use that you have no housing.

After this was shot my buddy had a gnarly scratch on his lens....

Mine was fine but if the housing got a scratch...no big deal....$40 for a new one.

Also the contour is elongated (is that the right word?) So you can put it on the side of your head but not the front.

Ive had a GoPro for awhile now and love it. Its survived a deployment and many fishing trips. Ive never had a problem with it and based on my buddies experience with his contour, i think i made a good decision.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

16GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:28 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MASSfisher wrote:Gopro gopro gopro!!!

Check out this videi i made. Some footage is from my gopro the other parts are from my buddies contour.

Just fast forward to different parts and im sure you'll be able to tell which one is the gopro (because the footage is better)

Also...the gopro is in a housing all the time whether its waterproof or not. The contour has a big ugly orange waterproof housing and if you dont want to use that you have no housing.

After this was shot my buddy had a gnarly scratch on his lens....

Mine was fine but if the housing got a scratch...no big deal....$40 for a new one.

Also the contour is elongated (is that the right word?) So you can put it on the side of your head but not the front.

Ive had a GoPro for awhile now and love it. Its survived a deployment and many fishing trips. Ive never had a problem with it and based on my buddies experience with his contour, i think i made a good decision.

What model contour does your buddy have? Reading reviews about the contour say that the GPS model is much better than the older models of the contour.

this is not an ugley case.
Evil or Very Mad

17GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:17 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hmmm he didn't have the GPS model but the only case his came with was like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

18GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:40 pm

BeastyFishies

BeastyFishies
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Go Pro all the way!!

19GoPro HD vs Contour HD Empty Re: GoPro HD vs Contour HD Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:28 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'd get the latest version of the go pro
Every new version is an improvement over the previous one

Something to check on any camera is the field of view
Make sure it has a wide angle lens for close range shooting
I have a flip cam that is not wide enough for even private boat fishing
Check for that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]