FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fish finder

+3
Watertooner
Tubinferbass
biggamefish
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fish finder  Empty Fish finder Thu May 03, 2012 2:58 pm

biggamefish

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Hey all,

Im looking for a fish finder, I dont really know whats good out there, I have herd about the hummingbird fishing buddie 110,120 and 140 but are they any good in marking fish? whats the difference beween the three? im looking to spend under 200 bucks but will sacrafice a little more if its something better.
I fish mainly Large mouth bass so would need somthing to mark these fish, depths and structures are also important but if it cant mark those accurately then its ok.
im open to all other options too beside the hummingbirds thanks guys!

2Fish finder  Empty Re: Fish finder Thu May 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lol! jus get your self a good pair of polarized sunglasses way cheaper than a fish finder an all I use Smile

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

3Fish finder  Empty Re: Fish finder Thu May 03, 2012 4:37 pm

biggamefish

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Tubinferbass wrote:lol! jus get your self a good pair of polarized sunglasses way cheaper than a fish finder an all I use Smile

haha yeah ive been doing good with em polarized glass fishing from shore Smile might just have to start with that first

4Fish finder  Empty Re: Fish finder Thu May 03, 2012 4:38 pm

biggamefish

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

hey tubin what fins are u using?

5Fish finder  Empty Fish finder Thu May 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Watertooner

Watertooner
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I've been using a Fishin'Buddy 140c for a couple years now on my pontoon. At $280, its best features are a color screen for reading the bottom structure and weed structure. The water temp reading is handy too. I don't trust its ability to mark fish the way that more expensive FF's do. If it marks fish, I take it with a grain of salt. This is partly because I need more experience, but also because I am often in shallow water (5'-12'fow) so the sonar cone is pretty narrow. For me (very amateur fisherman), having a much better sense of the bottom structure makes my fishing experiences more enjoyable. If I get skunked in a shallow bay that shows no abrupt depth changes, then I can file that info away and change my location on my next outing. Before I got my FF, I would bop around the lake without understanding what was below my feet. No I didn't know if I was just unlucky or if I was fishing an area unlikely to hold fish except for a passing school. Good luck on your search for a solution.

6Fish finder  Empty Re: Fish finder Thu May 03, 2012 4:51 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The ones I wear with my wadders are Tusa liberator xten I got em from sport chalet for 50 bucks an the ones with out wadders are called ironman powerflex got from walmart comes in a kit with goggles n snorkel for like 30 bucks Both are adjustible. Check out sportchalet they have a really good seliction for pretty cheap.

7Fish finder  Empty Re: Fish finder Thu May 03, 2012 4:56 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Watertooner wrote:I've been using a Fishin'Buddy 140c for a couple years now on my pontoon. At $280, its best features are a color screen for reading the bottom structure and weed structure. The water temp reading is handy too. I don't trust its ability to mark fish the way that more expensive FF's do. If it marks fish, I take it with a grain of salt. This is partly because I need more experience, but also because I am often in shallow water (5'-12'fow) so the sonar cone is pretty narrow. For me (very amateur fisherman), having a much better sense of the bottom structure makes my fishing experiences more enjoyable. If I get skunked in a shallow bay that shows no abrupt depth changes, then I can file that info away and change my location on my next outing. Before I got my FF, I would bop around the lake without understanding what was below my feet. No I didn't know if I was just unlucky or if I was fishing an area unlikely to hold fish except for a passing school. Good luck on your search for a solution.

Well said, It's about structure not little cartoon fish on your screen.

bodfish

8Fish finder  Empty Re: Fish finder Thu May 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yep, get some Good polarized glasses. Finders, unless you get the spendy ones made for boats, all they are good for is to mark structure. Personally I'd spend that $$$ on a new rod, or reel, or more Hudd's.. Very Happy

you can find structure with lure.. Wink

9Fish finder  Empty Re: Fish finder Thu May 03, 2012 8:00 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

biggamefish wrote:Hey all,

Im looking for a fish finder, I dont really know whats good out there, I have herd about the hummingbird fishing buddie 110,120 and 140 but are they any good in marking fish? whats the difference beween the three? im looking to spend under 200 bucks but will sacrafice a little more if its something better.
I fish mainly Large mouth bass so would need somthing to mark these fish, depths and structures are also important but if it cant mark those accurately then its ok.
im open to all other options too beside the hummingbirds thanks guys!

I had both the 110 & 140c, I used them more for temp. and to see the bottom for any high and low spots. For metering fish don't think it's to accurate unless you spend the extra $$ for a better unit but still nice to have on the tube.

10Fish finder  Empty Re: Fish finder Thu May 03, 2012 9:26 pm

I have Garmen 100. Great unit for water temp, depth and structure.
The bad thing is the cone is only 60 degrees. You may want to look for one that has a 120 degrees cone

11Fish finder  Empty Re: Fish finder Fri May 04, 2012 9:50 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey biggamefish you get a tube yet? You got any lakes up in your area to tube?

12Fish finder  Empty Re: Fish finder Fri May 04, 2012 10:04 am

biggamefish

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Tubinferbass wrote:Hey biggamefish you get a tube yet? You got any lakes up in your area to tube?

no I havent got a tube yet, im going to order it today tho, and yes the two lakes that Ive been fishing allows tubing any day of the week Very Happy comming up here? lets go fishing!!

13Fish finder  Empty Re: Fish finder Fri May 04, 2012 11:55 am

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have a 120 and I use it to see structure, and the bottom. A good fisherman doesn't need to see the fishes to be able to catch them. For instance, I am at Tidelands Park at San Diego bay and I am in 20 feet of water with a grassy bottom. I know the spotties and the halibuts are there. It's the same principle if you are in fresh water. A sunken tree, a ledge on a drop off, a deep pocket or hill on the bottom, or in the tules shallow. They are there too, it is your job to figure out which color, what artificial bait and which presentation will get them to bite. I truly believe seeing the structure and the bottom contours gives you enough information to catch the fish.

14Fish finder  Empty Re: Fish finder Fri May 04, 2012 12:04 pm

biggamefish

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

great advice guys!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum