FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does anyone carry an emergency pump with them?

+19
NulodPBall
fatboy531
danyowanyo
Watertooner
Txfishinfreak
ed5000x
franklyn562
wiseguy
Tubetoad
jeffcpr
kg562
biggamefish
monkeee2002
Devil Dog
Panther
FishinPhil
HEADCASE881
Lok Dog
motorazr
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Have seen a few posts referring to the float tube deflating and over inflating depending on the weather, temperature etc.
Does anyone carrry a pump with them because of this and if so what sort?
I was thinking of getting one of these from ebay [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks like this pump is only slightly larger than a hand so should stow easily.

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sometimes I do, I've had a tube start deflating rapidly once when i was tubing...luckily i had it with me and would pump air into the valve while i kicked fast back to the launch spot, i carry a reg small air pump i brought at big 5,..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I carry two.... my lungs. And a piece of plastic tube that fits in my boston valve

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

HEADCASE881 wrote:I carry two.... my lungs. And a piece of plastic tube that fits in my boston valve
Headcase,
that is a great idea, since it would take up very little space and still accomplish the task.
To do list.... pick up tubing that fits boston valve. Thumbs Up

Panther

FTFF Gathering Officer

When inflating, I top off my Scadden Renegade with a K Pump. I then store the K Pump behind the seat and take it with me to make inflation adjustments if necessary.

Brookies

Panther

FTFF Gathering Officer

When inflating my Scadden Renegade, I top off with a K Pump. I then store the K Pump behind the seat and take it with me to make inflation adjustments as necessary.

Panther

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

motorazr wrote:Have seen a few posts referring to the float tube deflating and over inflating depending on the weather, temperature etc.
Does anyone carrry a pump with them because of this and if so what sort?
I was thinking of getting one of these from ebay [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks like this pump is only slightly larger than a hand so should stow easily.

Hey motorazr I wouldn't waste money on something like that, I had gotten one exactly like it at pep boys to take gas out of the vans of the satellite company I was working for since we were getting new vehicles and the boss had told me and another guy to do it. Basically this thing sucks

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks guys, the platic tube sounds the best idea yet.
Devil Dog your not far off the mark, that's what it's designed to do.. Very Happy [Basically this thing sucks]

monkeee2002

monkeee2002
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

HEADCASE881 wrote:I carry two.... my lungs. And a piece of plastic tube that fits in my boston valve

That's what I did. I didn't carry anything at first. Didn't get one of the valves closed all the way once. That's when I realized I couldn't fold myself in half to blow up my Togiak while I'm riding it LoL!!
Went out the next day & bought a chunk of tubing: no parts to wear out or brake, cheap, easy, and compact.

biggamefish

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I always carry a pump, you never know whats gonna happen, better safe than sorry!

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i think i should start carrying a pump. just to be on the safe side. lol!

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya I need a pump also wiseguy saved the day at the last LAB series, my sons tube was losing air and I know he carried one. So thanks again wiseguy you saved my sons life salute
OK so it was not that bad but the day was ending early if it wasn't for wiseguy and his pump. Thumbs Up

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Tubetoad

Tubetoad
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I carry the hose to my pump in my tube.

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I always carry my small hand pump. $5 at Big5.

franklyn562

franklyn562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

i dont even own a pump i use my brothers

https://www.facebook.com/franklynle

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My buddy had a leak today in Newport so we carried him pump we did good on keeping it inflated

ed5000x wrote:My buddy had a leak today in Newport so we carried him pump we did good on keeping it inflated

what you fished and no report ?

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

He just did, he reported he had a leak....lol lol!

Txfishinfreak

FTFF Gathering Officer

I've always just carried a long piece of tubing. Only had to use it once. But sure glad I had it. Seems like a pump would be cumbersome and get in the way....

Watertooner

Watertooner
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Floated a slow river one day with a buddy on pontoons. He didn't secure a valve very well and it worked loose and deflated one pontoon so quickly he barely had time to row to the shore - about 30 seconds. We had packed a pump because we were floating several miles and I'm glad we did. Just secured the valve properly and reinflated. Saved us from a miserable day in the middle of nowhere. Some days I leave the pump behind when I'm on a lake and would have a short walk from the car if I spring a leak. I always pack a mouth tube though. It's small, but would be handy if needed.

danyowanyo

FTFF Gathering Officer

sports chalet sells a pump for 2.99 in there air mattress section picked one up the other day couldnt believe how cheap it was

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Guilty!! of not carrying a pump. Need to have a quick solution for emergencies. I did pick up a few pointers on this thread. Gonna have to make a small emergency pack for me or anyone in need.

NulodPBall

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

monkeee2002 wrote:
That's what I did. I didn't carry anything at first. Didn't get one of the valves closed all the way once. That's when I realized I couldn't fold myself in half to blow up my Togiak while I'm riding it  LoL!!
Went out the next day & bought a chunk of tubing: no parts to wear out or brake, cheap, easy, and compact.
I used to carry a pump then transitioned to a 3/4" piece of tubing (if I remember correctly) that I can blow up my Fishcat with.

LOL, I've proven that even if a seam splits, if you have the tube fabric fitting well enough you can still fish...you just get cramps trying to fold your body into the right position to add air often if you don't get a long enough piece of clear plastic tubing.

Also noted that it's difficult to successfully repair hook puncture marks right on a seam if you loan your tube to someone else...especially if they don't tell you and you find this out after you get on the water on the next trip...my solution after buying a new bladder was to buy a less expensive tube to use as a loaner.

NulodPBall

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

fatboy531 wrote:Guilty!! of not carrying a pump. Need to have a quick solution for emergencies. I did pick up a few pointers on this thread. Gonna have to make a small emergency pack for me or anyone in need.
-No glue patches
-glue, just in case...(some reason each tube is only one use...because after the first use, the next time I need it, the glue is solid - even if the cap was on tightly)
-A small fold of duct tape
-spare valve
-Vaseline (for the valve seal) - just a tiny dab in a plastic bag.
-Clear tubing - to inflate a main bladder on the water

and a small bag or fanny pack to hang everything on the back of your seat so your emergency stuff doesn't get in the way of your fishing stuff...or you will leave your emergency stuff on shore the first time you don't have room for it.

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

if you can carry it along with patches it will save the day for you and maybe even a buddy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum