FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by jeffcpr Today at 5:28 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Today at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Today at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Today at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

The FLTB-9 it does exsist

+4
Dannicus
SP Dan
BigMaxFloats
jeffcpr
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty The FLTB-9 it does exsist Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:06 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So over a year ago there was talk surfacing aboit this new Hybrid boat.  The FLTB-9 is produced by Caperlan out of France and is for real.  I will be reaching out to see if I can get more information in this boat for you guys.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:43 am

BigMaxFloats

BigMaxFloats
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught

Been waiting for this forever. Hope it’s real and we see something soon.

SP Dan likes this post

3The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:50 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

I see it doesn’t have pockets for an apron or tray.
Thank you for sharing with us. 👍🏼

SP Dan <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

4The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:25 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

BigMaxFloats wrote:Been waiting for this forever.  Hope it’s real and we see something soon.  

Yep me too so they are selling it in France and I have a contact so I will be doing some research soon.

5The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:50 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Looks like the Tube is under $600 that is not to bad. Plus the size is pretty cool check this image out.

SP Dan and BigMaxFloats like this post

6The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:35 pm

BigMaxFloats

BigMaxFloats
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught

Norbert got one to review. But he’s in Europe.

SP Dan likes this post

7The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:28 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

BigMaxFloats wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norbert got one to review. But he’s in Europe.
Ya he got his almost a year ago and said that Caperlan said Nov. 9th is go time for talking about it and sharing about.

SP Dan likes this post

8The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:14 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ok just got word from Decathlon that the FLTB-9 will be sold in the US. We have to wait till 2024 but it's coming.

SP Dan likes this post

9The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:31 am

Dannicus

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Bummer....over a year away from the USA? I wonder if they would ship early to the US if we paid the shipping? By June of next year I will probably be ready and this looks awesome! Do you happen to know the weight capacity on this?

jeffcpr likes this post

10The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:24 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am not sure if they will ship now I don't see why not if you are willing to pay shipping. Weight capacity I don't know either but I will reach out and see what I can find.

SP Dan likes this post

11The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:32 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Best to luck to you on your proposed purchase on a great looking float tube! 👍🏼
Exciting!!

SP Dan <“))><

12The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Caperlan FLTB-9 Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:15 pm

johnsamuel

FTFF Gathering Officer

This item was delivered to my home on Tuesday of this week.  I was watching the Decathlon website for the U.K and it noted that a few were available for on-line ordering.  So I ordered it.  It had to be delivered to a U.K. address, so I found a shipping agent called Colis Expat, which allowed me to choose a European delivery address, which they promised would be forwarded to my home address in Southern Illinois.  Both Decathlon and Colis kept me reasonably updated on the status of shipping, and about two weeks after I ordered it, the box showed up at my front door.  This is the first time I've ever been so international, so I was sweating for a few days.  But as promised, the carton with the new float tube its in my living room, waiting for me to get the time to unpack it.

The several European decathlon websites, and You Tube, show a motor made for this model.  However, none of the decathlon websites show this accessory as being available.

jeffcpr likes this post

13The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:10 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

johnsamuel that is great news so excited for you. We need to know more. Once you have it up and inflated. Let us know what you think. Congrats on your new tube and pretty cool how you got it.

14The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:59 pm

BigMaxFloats

BigMaxFloats
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught

I emailed Decathlon a while back and they said they’d be 2024 for the fltb9 to come to the US so I went down another path.  Glad you were able to find a work around to get one to the States. It looks amazing and can’t wait to see a report. I too have a new tube coming from Europe and understand the dance you have to do. I should have it next week and I’ll be posting up a review and how I went through the process . Congrats to you on your new ride and send pics and reports soon.

15The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:47 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya guys let's let Europe know we are watching that there is a market here. This is great guys just great.

16The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:19 pm

johnsamuel

FTFF Gathering Officer

I unpacked the fltb-9 last night.  I’m happy with the quality and impressed with the design, except the backpack strap is not intuitive, so I need to work on that.  I may have also installed the seat backwards.  But it was getting late and I don’t read French or German. Unlike the ones in the YouTube video, the float tube did not come with a pump.  The inflation valves are proprietary and forcing air through a reversed shop vac hose doesn’t really do the trick. Suffice it to say it appears a bit pathetic when not turgid. I’m including no pictures. The storage bags attach securely and should hold conveniently the stuff you need for one sitting. I am also impressed with the carry bag, which seems well-made and sized generously enough to pack the deflated float tube plus assorted items, maintaining the prospect that the fishing excursion could be one-person, one-trip from and to your car.
Locomotion is by flippers, or you can install a special motor on the underside.  Both of these accessories are available on the domestic market, although they are not manufactured by Decathlon.  I would also like to find a pump with a nozzle that mates so I can avoid the tier one pricing of Decathlon, and the tier one hassle of international mail order.
Notwithstanding my petty griping, I’m truly looking forward to visiting some fishing holes not accessible by boat or bank.

jeffcpr, BigMaxFloats and johnsamuel like this post

17The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty take my $$ Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:27 pm

jmytuna

jmytuna
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught
Spottied Bay Bass
White Sea Bass
Legal White Sea Bass
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch
Carp
Large Carp Caught
Blugill
Large Bluegill Catch
Crappie
Large Crappie Catch
Sculpin
Large Sculpin Catch
Smallmouth Bass
Trophy Small Mouth
Calico Bass
Calico Bass Catch

Take my money......

I also want extra seats to try and make work with my other tubes [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BigMaxFloats likes this post

18The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:29 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hey so glad you are happy so far with it. Also sorry it did not come with a pump that is kind of odd. Can I ask what kind of valve does it have? I am sure we can figure something out to help you.

19The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Pump? Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:27 am

bigfanboy

FTFF Gathering Officer

johnsamuel wrote: the float tube did not come with a pump.  The inflation valves are proprietary and forcing air through a reversed shop vac hose doesn’t really do the trick. Suffice it to say it appears a bit pathetic when not turgid.

I would also like to find a pump with a nozzle that mates so I can avoid the tier one pricing of Decathlon, and the tier one hassle of international mail order.

Did you ever find a pump?

Looks like the one they want you to use the Kayak Kitesurf & Camping Double Action Hand Pump w/ Gauge Max 10PSI, which you can find on the US Dot COM site

20The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty FLTB-9 Mon May 22, 2023 4:22 pm

johnsamuel

FTFF Gathering Officer

I had hoped to suffer the indignities of the maiden voyage without an audience. Unfortunately, all the campers and fishermen at devil’s kitchen  lake in Southern Illinois wanted to see the newfangled float tube. When I lamented not having a bottle of champagne to properly christen the launch, one lady helpfully offered “we have some wine.”

The whole setup works as expected. The flippers are decent locomotion, but the fancy underside electric motors would be a welcome addition. Especially if there’s a breeze. The structural chair is really the defining feature of this item. It provides true back support.

jeffcpr likes this post

21The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Mon May 22, 2023 7:40 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

johnsamuel wrote:I had hoped to suffer the indignities of the maiden voyage without an audience. Unfortunately, all the campers and fishermen at devil’s kitchen  lake in Southern Illinois wanted to see the newfangled float tube. When I lamented not having a bottle of champagne to properly christen the launch, one lady helpfully offered “we have some wine.”

The whole setup works as expected. The flippers are decent locomotion, but the fancy underside electric motors would be a welcome addition. Especially if there’s a breeze. The structural chair is really the defining feature of this item. It provides true back support.

That is great glad it's working out for you so well. Also great to hear that the seat is so great. I agree that was one thing that caught my eye off the bat. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.

22The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Tue May 23, 2023 5:29 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

What is the price tag on this float tube?
Thank you.

SP Dan <“))><

23The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Got my New FLTB 9 In Wed May 24, 2023 1:16 am

bigfanboy

FTFF Gathering Officer

I decided to pull the trigger on the FLTB 9. Took a bit, but I got one to WA. Here's my video on it so far.

jeffcpr and jmytuna like this post

24The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Wed May 24, 2023 1:24 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

bigfanboy wrote:I decided to pull the trigger on the FLTB 9. Took a bit, but I got one to WA. Here's my video on it so far.

Hey that was a great review thank you so much for all that info. The seat does look to be to close to the front did you ever figure another way to manage that. Over all it looks like another great boat by Caperlan.

25The FLTB-9 it does exsist Empty Re: The FLTB-9 it does exsist Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:25 pm

Ivan59

FTFF Gathering Officer

Buonasera a tutti , io ho acquistato il nuovo FLTB-9 la primavera scorsa quì a Milano (IT) , completo di motore originale e di tutti gli accessori ad ok .
Trovo la seduta molto  comoda , le nuove borse bakkan sono modulabili a piacimento anche se non molto spaziose , il deck posteriore è incredibilmente spazioso .  
Il motore FLTB-MTR spinge veramente forte , 34lb , ti fa dimenticare di essere solo un belly boat .
Concludo dicendo che è un ottimo acquisto , non economico ma che si ripaga da solo con le prime uscite a pesca
Un saluto a tutti
ps avrei allegato almeno una foto ma non ci sono riuscito   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

jeffcpr likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum