FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt

+13
sonarbp
bucketmouthking
Love2fish
bayfishingjunkie
Monster
ed5000x
fever
smith's handpoured baits
Dano67
flyfishingfool
Madbasser
waxon67
jeffcpr
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 15]

301Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:08 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks to everyone for a fun filled day. I apologize for the quick exit but the wife has been very cool with all the fishing time so I had to make sure I made it back in time. I ended up with a total of 4 spotted bay bass 3 shorts and one that taped out at 14" and weighed 1.1 pounds. agaimn I have picks and video but cant seem to be able to post them.. Thanks again and cant wait till the next gathering

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

302Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:12 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bayfishingjunkie wrote:Thanks to everyone for a fun filled day. I apologize for the quick exit but the wife has been very cool with all the fishing time so I had to make sure I made it back in time. I ended up with a total of 4 spotted bay bass 3 shorts and one that taped out at 14" and weighed 1.1 pounds. agaimn I have picks and video but cant seem to be able to post them.. Thanks again and cant wait till the next gathering

Nice Meeting You And Cant For The Next One Eigther And I Understand About The Cool Wife Thing I Have One Of Those Too Thumbs Up

303Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:49 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Was great meeting and fishing with everyone today, we lucked out with some descent fish and great weather today. Met so many people still trying to remember who is who. Congrats to Dano on that fat spottie. Thanks to Jeff for putting this togeather and the free shwag!
I only have a couple picts but still trying to figure out how to post them up on here.

304Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:18 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

All I can say is thanks guys for being there, it was fun nice meeting everyone new and, meeting with everyone else. I am glad you all had fun, and I hope we can do it again sometime. I will load pictures later when I get a chance.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

305Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:52 am

It was great fun for sure! I just love watching my friends catch fish and their excitement! Get's me more excited than when I hook one myself! It was and is Great to hear all the hoot and hollaring! Seeing Dano's rod doubled over was awesome! Madbasser would be real clear he hooked up each time! Sweet! Just one thing to ad to these ladies fishing for Spotted Bass here...

LIP THEM DERE BASS BOYS!! They won't hurt ya! green happy

306Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:08 am

Dano67

Dano67

I am not, I repeat, AM NOT sticking my fingers in a mouth of some crazed fish that has sharp little teeth. Just is not going to happe. Tell you what, when you start lipping Halibut's, I will start lipping those bass Very Happy

307Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:23 am

Dano67 wrote:I will start lipping those bass Very Happy

Deal! I'm going to Lip a Halibut just so I can see you lip a Spotty! Very Happy Very Happy

308Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:28 am

73Camaro

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Looks like you all had a great time and I see some great pics, can't wait for more, ha ha. Anyone have any idea on the water temp? Just curious.

309Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:57 am

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think LC said it was 65 at the morning spot. That temp was perfect for lots of action. The overcast seemed to push them off cover, but once they were located we started catching them.

310Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:08 am

Dano67

Dano67

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
Dano67 wrote:I will start lipping those bass Very Happy

Deal! I'm going to Lip a Halibut just so I can see you lip a Spotty! Very Happy Very Happy
That is a deal!! I want to see it with my own eyes!! Not some doctored picture that you magically transformed Very Happy

311Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:29 am

Monster

Monster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

LC pretty much summed up the day. Here is my PB hali that I caught in the afternoon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

P.S. thanks to Dan and Madbasser for the help with pics and landing that hali

Last edited by Monster on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

312Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:19 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Nice Hali bro that is how it is done here are a few more pictures of our morning that I had.

313Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I used to lip bay bass then I noticed I was getting alot of teeth left in my thumbs which don't bother me but I was more worried about these little spotties needing dentures after bing caught a few times a week not having enough front teeth to catch prey... but what do I know I'm the idiot that accidently lipped a halibut Sunday and got 6 punctures in my index finger and was bleeding all over the place or chumming if you prefer.

314Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:49 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice Hali! Monster. I know exactly where you were that's a great spot because of the current there, almost have two that merge there. I've had luck throwing crank baits off the point there for hali and some big spotties that hide in the rocks.

315Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:22 pm

Vagabond wrote:I used to lip bay bass then I noticed I was getting alot of teeth left in my thumbs which don't bother me but I was more worried about these little spotties needing dentures after bing caught a few times a week not having enough front teeth to catch prey... but what do I know I'm the idiot that accidently lipped a halibut Sunday and got 6 punctures in my index finger and was bleeding all over the place or chumming if you prefer.

Should have called me to come over and use the free chum! JK vagabond. Glad you made it out and fished with the group! Halibuts are a no lip zone. LOL. The bigger ones can do damage to just about everything!

316Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:49 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Thats it!!! No little Spotty is going to leave his teeth in my thumb while I have the LIP GRIPPER around. LC, Did you read that he lipped a Hali and bled for 11 hours and needed 26 stitches and needed a 7 pint blood transfusion?

317Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:15 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:Thats it!!! No little Spotty is going to leave his teeth in my thumb while I have the LIP GRIPPER around. LC, Did you read that he lipped a Hali and bled for 11 hours and needed 26 stitches and needed a 7 pint blood transfusion?

sign me up for lipper grabber i have a clamp type fish holder but i dont use it cause i d ont want to hurt them fishys Very Happy

318Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:54 am

Those lip grabbers are cool! I have one but rare do I use it. So far I have had no teeth left in my fingers lol. When I saw Dano lip his fattie of a Spotty with that lipper, it made me nervous watching the Spotty thrash around trying to get free. Just had visions of the bass come off the lipper and into Dano's lap! Even worse, back in the drink without a weight and measurement yet! LOL! I'd be like Dano, go in after it!!

319Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:11 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:Those lip grabbers are cool! I have one but rare do I use it. So far I have had no teeth left in my fingers lol. When I saw Dano lip his fattie of a Spotty with that lipper, it made me nervous watching the Spotty thrash around trying to get free. Just had visions of the bass come off the lipper and into Dano's lap! Even worse, back in the drink without a weight and measurement yet! LOL! I'd be like Dano, go in after it!!

What If It Flipped And Off The Lippers It Came Into The Tubes Bladder Oh Man Bubble Bubble Bubble And The Spotty Won The Round Shocked

Are Those Lippers Spring Loaded Or Do You Squeezzzeesssss Them Youself ?

Well When I Caught My Spotty I Did NOT Have Any Pilers Or Lipper I Got Nervous And Had To Think About What To Do I Saw The Teeth And Said I Am Not Sticking My Thumb In There So I Grab The Fish From Around The Front Got My Hook Out Got A Length MeasureMent Then I Went For The Scale He Flipped And Land Between My Legs (you Know Were) And I Got Scared A lil Bit A Grab Him By The Tail Lifted Him Up I Mean Her Up And Released Her Nice And Respectedful
What a Face So I Want To Grab Them But Maybe On Shore First So I Get The Hang Of It Then I Wont Be So Nerous And Excited All At The Same Time Very Happy What a Face

320Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:35 am

ed5000x wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:Those lip grabbers are cool! I have one but rare do I use it. So far I have had no teeth left in my fingers lol. When I saw Dano lip his fattie of a Spotty with that lipper, it made me nervous watching the Spotty thrash around trying to get free. Just had visions of the bass come off the lipper and into Dano's lap! Even worse, back in the drink without a weight and measurement yet! LOL! I'd be like Dano, go in after it!!

What If It Flipped And Off The Lippers It Came Into The Tubes Bladder Oh Man Bubble Bubble Bubble And The Spotty Won The Round Shocked

Well When I Caught My Spotty I Did NOT Have Any Pilers Or Lipper I Got Nervous And Had To Think About What To Do I Saw The Teeth And Said I Am Not Sticking My Thumb In There So I Grab The Fish From Around The Front Got My Hook Out Got A Length MeasureMent Then I Went For The Scale He Flipped And Land Between My Legs (you Know Were) And I Got Scared A lil Bit A Grab Him By The Tail Lifted Him Up I Mean Her Up And Released Her Nice And Respectedful
What a Face So I Want To Grab Them But Maybe On Shore First So I Get The Hang Of It Then I Wont Be So Nerous And Excited All At The Same Time Very Happy What a Face

The lippers are spring loaded. Some are positive springs where you pull the lipper open and then it closes on the fish's lips. Some are negative as in you use them like a pair of pliers. The harder you squeeze, the tighter the grip. I don't think the fish can actually thrash off. After all they made those things specifically for lipping and landing fish! I am just so use to sticking my hand and fingers into the bass' mouth. Here's the weird thing. I like having my thumb and upper part of my hand thrashed up a bit. To me, it is a reminder in my long work week about the fun I shared with friends and the fish I caught. I know weird right? Honestly, it's not that bad to lip a Spotty. They are toothy but they will not puncture your hand or fingers like a halibut. The only time they draw a bit of blood from you is when they thrash. Even then it is minimal.

Also since we are talking about the lippers, with all bass including saltwater bass, when you guys catch them and use lippers to grab them be sure not to puncture the upper or lower lip. Especially the soft tissue areas of the lower lip. When you go to get a weight of your bass, insert your scale into the gill plate opening area and get the weight. Don't puncture the upper or lower lips with the hook style weight measure. The reason is, that area is the lively hood for a bass or fish. Once the lip has a significant puncture, often the area is hard to heal and bacteria will grow there. Eventually it will lead to infection and the bass will stop feeding and basically.. not make it. That is just a bit of info for all ya'll. Smile

321Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:45 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
ed5000x wrote:

The lippers are spring loaded. Some are positive springs where you pull the lipper open and then it closes on the fish's lips. Some are negative as in you use them like a pair of pliers. The harder you squeeze, the tighter the grip. I don't think the fish can actually thrash off. After all they made those things specifically for lipping and landing fish! I am just so use to sticking my hand and fingers into the bass' mouth. Here's the weird thing. I like having my thumb and upper part of my hand thrashed up a bit. To me, it is a reminder in my long work week about the fun I shared with friends and the fish I caught. I know weird right? Honestly, it's not that bad to lip a Spotty. They are toothy but they will not puncture your hand or fingers like a halibut. The only time they draw a bit of blood from you is when they thrash. Even then it is minimal.

Also since we are talking about the lippers, with all bass including saltwater bass, when you guys catch them and use lippers to grab them be sure not to puncture the upper or lower lip. Especially the soft tissue areas of the lower lip. When you go to get a weight of your bass, insert your scale into the gill plate opening area and get the weight. Don't puncture the upper or lower lips with the hook style weight measure. The reason is, that area is the lively hood for a bass or fish. Once the lip has a significant puncture, often the area is hard to heal and bacteria will grow there. Eventually it will lead to infection and the bass will stop feeding and basically.. not make it. That is just a bit of info for all ya'll. Smile

Thanks LC I Just Dont Wont To Hurt The Fishys Or My Self Thumbs Up

322Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:21 am

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:

This can totally happen. Actually when Dano used his lip grippers on Monsters large Hali, the Hali did pop off once. Luckily it was still hooked up to the pole. Not sure if that was a technical difficulty or a malfunction or what, but i think if the fish thrash enough it might come off. The little spots shouldn't do that though.

323Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:13 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Madbasser wrote:
ed5000x wrote:

This can totally happen. Actually when Dano used his lip grippers on Monsters large Hali, the Hali did pop off once. Luckily it was still hooked up to the pole. Not sure if that was a technical difficulty or a malfunction or what, but i think if the fish thrash enough it might come off. The little spots shouldn't do that though.

Yes Were I Was It Was Shallow Water And By The Time I Got UnHooked And Flopping Around I Was In The Channel In No Time A Little Current Shocked

324Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:07 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

just use that fishing tape they sell everywhere. a few wraps around thumb and your all good. but then again I love to see my thumbs all rew and skinless because it means it was a good day

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

325Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:15 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

bayfishingjunkie wrote:just use that fishing tape they sell everywhere. a few wraps around thumb and your all good. but then again I love to see my thumbs all rew and skinless because it means it was a good day

Ha Ha that is right show me your bass thumb. Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum