FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Today at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt

+13
sonarbp
bucketmouthking
Love2fish
bayfishingjunkie
Monster
ed5000x
fever
smith's handpoured baits
Dano67
flyfishingfool
Madbasser
waxon67
jeffcpr
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 15]

276Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:20 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome Bfish you are on the list I will send you the map.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

277Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:45 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Man i missed some post i want to catch fish but i also want to be safe and we need to get that group picture that we keep talking about so as said before

ARE WE THERE YET Very Happy Razz Razz Thumbs Up

278Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:12 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:Okay fellow tubers. I confirmed with our fearless leader Jeff and we are changing the meet and launch location. The launch area is a bit hard to direct to so we are all meeting up at the Vons Pavillions like 3 minutes away. There is a Starbucks in the same shopping center and we can grad a coffee and use the pee pee facilities as well Very Happy Here is the address to the parking lot of the meet up location.

3433 Via Lido Dr. Newport Beach, CA 92663

Here is the Google Map of the location.

We will then drive to the launch area. There is more than ample parking and it is free. Also there is a yacht club there and have fresh water wash down LOL! The area we are going to fish is unlimited. You can have your pick at docks, moored boats, boat moorings, channels, sand bottom, the whole bit!

Tides look real promising for the day of our gathering!

Tides for Newport Bay Entrance, Corona del Mar starting with April 3, 2011.

Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

Su 3 Low 3:52 AM 0.1 6:37 AM Rise 6:19 AM 0
3 High 10:00 AM 4.2 7:13 PM Set 7:40 PM
3 Low 3:40 PM 0.9
3 High 9:50 PM 5.2

We will be in the water when the tide is at the peak incoming movement! 4 feet tidal swing incoming! Then a 3.3 feet outgoing tidal move to 0.9. Not the best of tidal swings but sure is better than most tides! Looks promising! We will catch the outgoing tide and ride it back to the launch area. Woo Hoo! Let's go fishing!

LC

I know Ed it got lost in everything here was the post from LC hope it helps.

So what time are we meeting again? Sorry i thought I read something about 6:30 but sure. Just want to be on the same page.

279Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:31 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Madbasser wrote:
jeffcpr wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:Okay fellow tubers. I confirmed with our fearless leader Jeff and we are changing the meet and launch location. The launch area is a bit hard to direct to so we are all meeting up at the Vons Pavillions like 3 minutes away. There is a Starbucks in the same shopping center and we can grad a coffee and use the pee pee facilities as well Very Happy Here is the address to the parking lot of the meet up location.

3433 Via Lido Dr. Newport Beach, CA 92663

Here is the Google Map of the location.

We will then drive to the launch area. There is more than ample parking and it is free. Also there is a yacht club there and have fresh water wash down LOL! The area we are going to fish is unlimited. You can have your pick at docks, moored boats, boat moorings, channels, sand bottom, the whole bit!

Tides look real promising for the day of our gathering!

Tides for Newport Bay Entrance, Corona del Mar starting with April 3, 2011.

Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

Su 3 Low 3:52 AM 0.1 6:37 AM Rise 6:19 AM 0
3 High 10:00 AM 4.2 7:13 PM Set 7:40 PM
3 Low 3:40 PM 0.9
3 High 9:50 PM 5.2

We will be in the water when the tide is at the peak incoming movement! 4 feet tidal swing incoming! Then a 3.3 feet outgoing tidal move to 0.9. Not the best of tidal swings but sure is better than most tides! Looks promising! We will catch the outgoing tide and ride it back to the launch area. Woo Hoo! Let's go fishing!

LC

I know Ed it got lost in everything here was the post from LC hope it helps.

So what time are we meeting again? Sorry i thought I read something about 6:30 but sure. Just want to be on the same page.

Well i think i read something about 6 am
i am just going to spent the night in the parking lot so if you see a lil black truck with a camper shell wake me up when everyone shows up lol Very Happy

280Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:40 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Meeting at 6 AM I believe or 5:57 AM... and I would go easy on the coffee guys don't want to have to pee 30 min after you launch, caffine can do that to ya.

281Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:17 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya we should all be there by 6:00am so we can make the short trek to the launch area. I will be there by 6am not much earlier than that though, the wife is going to kill me for leaving so early. Rolling Eyes

282Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:21 am

jeffcpr wrote:Ya we should all be there by 6:00am so we can make the short trek to the launch area. I will be there by 6am not much earlier than that though, the wife is going to kill me for leaving so early. Rolling Eyes
I will be there earlier than 6am. There is a Starbucks there and I will be getting a cup o Joe and use their pee pee facilities! Smile

283Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:57 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
jeffcpr wrote:Ya we should all be there by 6:00am so we can make the short trek to the launch area. I will be there by 6am not much earlier than that though, the wife is going to kill me for leaving so early. Rolling Eyes
I will be there earlier than 6am. There is a Starbucks there and I will be getting a cup o Joe and use their pee pee facilities! Smile

Yea I Am Not Got With Direction So I Am Leaving early But Not Dont Much For Being On Time Shocked
Hope To Get There Earlier Too Very Happy

284Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'll be there before 6:00 AM cuz Starbuck has those bomb breakfast sandwiches. Be in a dark metallic grey Nissan Frontier, has fishing decals on the side shell windows and should have a pontoon boat straped inside the roof basket.

285Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:48 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Getting ready to clean out truck and load it up i hope i dont forget anything maybe i will make a check list dont to forget my whisle that everyone laught at the first gathering lol
Very Happy Very Happy

286Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:15 pm

Monster

Monster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

got my new rod rack operational ( a couple of bungee cords that I plan to rig in a way that will allow me to carry one more rod lol)

287Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:18 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya buddy those spotties don't stand a chance.

288Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Monster

Monster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I got all my stuff together and praying that we get little to no moisture tomorrow morning

289Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:54 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Well are all going to be wet anyway but I agree, I hope the sun will pop out for a little while sunny

290Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:13 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

you guys all be safe and have TONS of fun! cheers cheers cheers

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

291Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:34 pm

I'm too excited to sleep lol.

292Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:04 pm

ODCtuber

ODCtuber
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Good Luck out there guys!! Have fun. I wish I could join but I don't have a ride out there.

293Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:11 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sorry wish you could have made it this is my second time out with the forum and I know if I had fun don't catching so if I catch one this time I will pumped
Maybe we can do the next one closer to you

294Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:44 am

Dano67

Dano67

can we go now? bounce bounce bounce

295Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:49 am

Dano67

Dano67

Now Shocked

296Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:01 am

Dano67

Dano67

OK Im done and out of here!!!! It's Here It's Here, next time Im not going to get excited. This was worse than Christmas green happy Very Happy cheers Here I come my little swimming buddies Rambo

297Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:49 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes I Have Finally Caught A Fish On My Float Tube A 12 Inch Spotted Sea Bass Yea Boy Very Happy Thumbs Up Very Happy

Thank To Those Who Showed Up Cause You Guy Were So Helpful It Was A Great Day I Had Blast And To Jeff For The Big Hammers And The Fishing Rod Repair

Oh Yea Nothing Bumped Me Today But A School Of Fish Went Flying By And It Looked Like Something Was Cashing Them And After They Went By I Got A Hit On My Line But Nothing Was Caught At That Moment But I Was Excited For A Moment But I Also Thought What Is Chasing These Fish I Better Move Lol(So I Did) And There Were Some Dolphine In The Harbor To That Was Cool Too

Fun Fun Day

P.S.
Thank To My Sea Scooter I Was All Over That Harbor Weeeee

298Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Salt Gathering Photos and report! Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:11 pm

The started with a great meeting at the Starbucks! It was awesome to be able to many of the "handles" we use to faces! Thanks to Jeff, we all got some goodies in baits and things! Off we for the 2 minute drive to the launch location. It was very cool too see so many show up for this gathering! With no real designated launch time, it was pretty much for each their own and off in the big pond we go! A few of us stayed together for the most part of the morning as there was only one scale that was working correctly. Dano67, Madbasser, Noah and I pretty much doubled up over each others spots trying to locate some fish. We were then joined for Ed and Tom for a short while as all went nutso over Ed's propulsion system. Too cool!

Every one pretty much went their own ways. The 4 of us decided to head towards the Lido bridge. Fishing was to say the least... a bit slow. The water was not really moving and we were hitting structure and every spot we can think of to get the bass to go. Of course with every tourney, someone will always find the fish. Not knowing what the others are landing, I do know it was the Dano and Madbasser show today. Madbasser has his first experience with tubing in Salt today and boy did he adapt quickly. First Spottie goes to Mad. Nice 1 pounder. I snapped a few pics got the weight and it was released. Next I get a 12" Spotty and it was quick released at the tube. We keep fishing an area that just looks so super fishy. Dano kicks up to a perfect laid out Spotty Spot. Dano intensely works the spot and not giving up. I think he fished the spot for a good 10 minutes or more and hooks up! Dano lands the Spotty and Mad helps him get the measure. Brings the fish over to me and I got the weight. 1.5 Solid pounds. Snap a few pics and off she goes back in the drink. We continue to fish hard and I get broken off bu the bridge. It was a nice fish too. All I can think of was jsfkgbabsfgbasfgbasfgbsblgilSBGSBgkbskg. lol By this time we are kicking back towards our launch for the meet up time. We fish on the way back in where Mad and Dano both stick a few fish. Nothing bigger than what Dano has under his belts already. I fish the moored boats towards the center of the bay and by the time we get back to the launch, I get another 4 Spotties. They were all like 11". We get back to the launch where we learn Dano has claimed the number ONE spot with his 1.5 pound Spotty! Way to Go Dan!! I hope most will post what they caught and their techniques. It was not an easy day by any means. We did all catch fish I believe. I know Ed got a nice Spotty and Tom got like more than a few. Chime in guys! We wrap up the Salt Gathering here as many set off to do other things. Dano, Madbasser, Ed, Monster and I go and grab a bite and decide to get back in. We head off to a new area, where Dano, Mad, Monster and I head on back for Round II! Now we are battling the winds and current. The long and the short of it, we all continue to catch fish. Dano gets his first Calico, Kurt gets a near legal Halibut, Mad gets a real nice Sand Bass about 2 pounds. I work my tail off and got a few bass but all were about 12".

That's a wrap of the day. Great FUN Great people and always a pleasure to just be in good company and wet a line! Here are the photos. Thanks to Jeff once again for all his hard work to ring us together and for the freeebies. Thanks to the sponsors and their generosity. Till next time guys!

LC:)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 IMGP0703

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

299Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:33 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LC. Awsome picks bro!!!
And thanks a million for sharing some of ur killer fishing spots.

Jeff thanks for setting a great site and an great event. U put in a ton of time into this and we all apreciate every second of it, trust me.

And thanks to all the sponsors for the free shwag and all the fish we cought on ur baits.

I had a gear time fishing and B.S.ing with everyone, and it's great to be able to put faces to the names.

Can't wait fir the next!!!! Is it here yet? LOL.

300Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 12 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:00 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Once Again LC Great Job On Picture I Love The One Of Dano Lil Fishy And The Big Fishy In Nice To Thumbs Up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum