FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 5:13 pm

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Umbrella rig
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Pre rigging stinger hooks
( 2 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

How many rods and reels do you own?

+6
jeffcpr
CPT Kirk
fever
Dano67
Madbasser
waxon67
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1How many rods and reels do you own? Empty How many rods and reels do you own? Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:26 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ha but I have to go look at my junk before I can answer!! Shocked What a Face Suspect affraid

2How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Rolling Eyes

(hope my wife doesn't read this)

OK well considering i just gave away 3 whole combos, not so many left.

Only about 17 whole combos and another 6 reels laying around.cat burgler
That does include what i picked up at the FH show this weekend and BPS last month.
In my defense these cover the whole gambit of fishing, from #4 wieght flyrod combo to a Yellowfin rig, but most are for Bass.

3How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Two 5 weight fly setups, 1-3 weight fly, 1-8 weight fly, 2 spinning 6-12lb setups, 1 baitcasting and two ultralight--- nine Smile

4How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:44 pm

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Ive only got 14, all spinning(I know boring) but out of those I gave 4 to my son. I never made it to BPS for the baitcaster I wanted this weekend, just was'nt in the funds with work being so slow Crying or Very sad

5How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:08 pm

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have roughly 30 rods and 25 reels not counting my saltwater stuff.

http://bassinthehood.com

6How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:09 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Damn I have no gear compared to you guys, I will go count my stash and be back later.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

7How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:43 am

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

For my bass fishing gear I have 20 reels and 16 rods in use.

Another 10 rods that don't see much use (salt, steelhead, trout) and a couple nice fly rods/reels.

I've tried to cull some of my gear that last few years!

Todd

http://www.geemoto.com

8How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:12 am

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

samuraiti wrote:For my bass fishing gear I have 20 reels and 16 rods in use.

Another 10 rods that don't see much use (salt, steelhead, trout) and a couple nice fly rods/reels.

I've tried to cull some of my gear that last few years!

Todd

Yeah, i try my darnedest to cull but i just keep accumulating more and more. When i do get rid of some, i replace them with more lol!

9How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:18 am

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Madbasser wrote:
Yeah, i try my darnedest to cull but i just keep accumulating more and more. When i do get rid of some, i replace them with more lol!

I totally feel you. I'm actually getting an itch to get a couple more rods after getting back to my flipping roots last year along with some additional punching gear Shocked I guess I have the reels for it so.... Twisted Evil

Todd

10How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:34 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I try to upgrade my stuff whenever I buy. This can mean from crap to cheap and then some or from dodgy to decent. So I have accumulated a lot. Recently I have made a move from dodgy to decent in some areas. I am also kinda lucky when it comes to gear eg people give me stuff. The one upgrade I havent made yet and what I really want is a nice heavy slop and frog set up. I use a rod now that is ok but won't get me out of the sticks if I had to. So that's my next gun to get. I passed up a St. Croix xtra heavy 7 11 for 110 bucks at the Hall show. I regret that now. Crying or Very sad

11How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:15 am

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Wax let me tell u what.
My best advise on buying gear, from my personal experience.
U get what u pay for in this market (for the most part).
I would rather have one good set up than a whole boat full of cheap stuff.
As i have upgraded my stuff i have learned this valuable lesson. Just buy good the first time.
There are plenty of great reels for ~140$ and great rods for under 100$. Even if i have to wait it out for a little longer, i always just try and buy what i really want and don't look back.

As for the stick, BPS has the Carbonlite on sale right now, take 20$ off. I own a bunch of these and they are awesome! They cover every presentation also. U can always get a StCroix Mojo Bass rod for ~100$ at BPS if that's what u like.

12How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:21 pm

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

As a followup to Madbasser...one way I've really been able to upgrade my gear was going to the TackleTour Forum. This helped me get quite a bit of very quality gear (reels like Steez's, Zillions, Alphas, Alderbarans) at anywhere from $100-180 off their regular price. I've also seen plenty of great deals on some more "normal" priced reels like Curado's and Citica's.

This is just a way to bump yourself up without hitting the wallet nearly as hard!

I do agree with Madbasser, go with better equipment the first time so you don't have to continously "upgrade". Smile

Todd

13How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:57 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Madbasser wrote:I would rather have one good set up than a whole boat full of cheap stuff.
As i have upgraded my stuff i have learned this valuable lesson. Just buy good the first time.

Good advise - no doubt. I am curious just how many folks have started out that way.

14How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:09 pm

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Waxon - I'm a fair example of this. After my first couple bass fishing setups (I was building my own rods), I started going only after better equipment. Loomis IMX and GLX rods, Curado and above reels. Took me a long time but I got where I wanted to be then started going after the REALLY high end stuff. I could have easily made due but some damn friends showed me the dark side Twisted Evil

Todd

15How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:03 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

samuraiti wrote:Waxon - I'm a fair example of this. After my first couple bass fishing setups (I was building my own rods), I started going only after better equipment.

Todd

Sounds like you did it right bro! Thumbs Up

16How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:52 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's a great idea Todd. Searching sites for used goods. I find myself doing a lot of that myself. I think the big hurdle there is knowing what is good before u buy used.

The best way to do this is use some of the good stuff from a friend that has already experienced those growing pains. Wax i'm more than happy to share my knowledge of good stuff and by all means ill let u guys borrow some of my stuff to test it out (as long as i get it back, hehehe). Another way is reading all the reviews from different peeps like the guys on TackleTour.

I think the mistake i make sometimes is when someone asks me about a product i don't say exactly how i feel about cause i don't want to discourage them from buy it even though it might not be the greatest product.

17How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:26 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

i have
1 fly rod
2 crappie set ups
1 cat fishing pole
6 bass rods
all spinning rigs

hubby has
2 crappie rigs
2 catfish poles
1 fly rod
12 bass setups
bait cast & spinning
in our little boat we don't take too many all at once!

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

18How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:58 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Last edited by Madbasser on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double post.)

19How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:59 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Wow SHPB is a woman. Cool!

Sorry, no disrespect I just didn't know.

Any other women fisherman here?

20How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Piranha Fever

Piranha Fever
FTFF Gathering Officer

waxon67 wrote:
Madbasser wrote:I would rather have one good set up than a whole boat full of cheap stuff.

Good advise - no doubt. I am curious just how many folks have started out that way.

hahahahahaha i know what your insinuating Very Happy i do have some pretty nice stuff lol!

21How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:29 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Buy the best you can afford then upgrade when you can. I have an expensive fly rod and a 25 dollar fly rod. Funny thing is I like fishing the cheaper one more because I am not so worried about it all the time. If it works and you have fun with it, thats all that really matters!!!

22How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:31 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Two of my rods I bought at a yard sale after fixing them up they are to notche, the are cheap rods, but built right

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

23How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:09 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Madbasser wrote:Wow SHPB is a woman. Cool!

Sorry, no disrespect I just didn't know.

Any other women fisherman here?
i believe the proper term is
"femal fisherpersons"
LOL
lol! flower geek
hubby pours & i am the P.R. -sales team!

Last edited by smith's handpoured baits on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more)

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

24How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:38 pm

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Ok, I need to change my rod count after going to Dicks today. Up to 15 with one baitcaster! I would'nt be suprised if I had to change again tomorrow Wink

25How many rods and reels do you own? Empty Re: How many rods and reels do you own? Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:46 pm

I have to refrain from answering this question. LOL!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum