FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Today at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Today at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justt picked up a FF and....

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Justt picked up a FF and.... Empty Justt picked up a FF and.... Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:23 pm

InspectaDekz

InspectaDekz
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Have a few questions for anyone with one. I just purchased a Garmin Echo 100. I'm excited to try it out but I have to mount it first. I'm interested in buying the mount from floattubefanatics.com or maybe just making my own out of pvc. I don't know if having the transducer barely under the water like the ftf.com's has it, may affect the reading it puts out. Anybodys 2cents is greatly appreciated.

2Justt picked up a FF and.... Empty Re: Justt picked up a FF and.... Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:06 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

where ever you place it make sure you got it facing int he right direction and completely underwater at all times. If you don't have these two thing down, you will get wrong information pinging back to you from the ducer. Hope this helps you out.

3Justt picked up a FF and.... Empty Re: Justt picked up a FF and.... Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:13 pm

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

When I had my garmin ff I was getting better readings with it about a foot under my tube than when I had it closer to the tube

4Justt picked up a FF and.... Empty Re: Justt picked up a FF and.... Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:01 am

InspectaDekz

InspectaDekz
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks for the 411 guys. I really appreciate it.

5Justt picked up a FF and.... Empty Re: Justt picked up a FF and.... Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:05 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have not had to much issue with the Transducer, at its location on the FTF. mount system. Only issue I have come across is me screwing up the angle on my own. FTF's system is pretty sold just my 2 cents, congrats on the new toy.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Justt picked up a FF and.... Empty Re: Justt picked up a FF and.... Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:28 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

How's that new ff working out for you? I've been leaning toward adding one to the tube.

7Justt picked up a FF and.... Empty Re: Justt picked up a FF and.... Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:02 pm

InspectaDekz

InspectaDekz
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey FatBoy! I ended up returning the Echo this past weekend at BPS. It was gonna be a hassle trying to figure out how to mount it. The Floatfanatics rigs are expensive and from what I researched the transducer has to be lower in the water to work correctly. Im gonna get a Fishin buddy this week. I found a good deal online, so I'm gonna pull triggs.

8Justt picked up a FF and.... Empty Re: Justt picked up a FF and.... Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:48 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've heard they can get tricky. I haven't really done my homework on them. I'm sure I'll settle on something soon. Thanks for the 411.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum