FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Today at 11:54 am

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by jeffcpr Today at 11:51 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have my tube picked out...now what?

+3
ed5000x
Dano67
Jethro74
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Have my tube picked out...now what? Empty Have my tube picked out...now what? Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:29 am

Jethro74

FTFF Gathering Officer

I'm getting the Fish Cat 4 Deluxe in the next week of so. I'm a tubing virgin. Now that I have the tube picked out, what are going to be the other necessary items I will need? I know I will need waders and fins. Any suggestions? What else will I need on me person and on my tube? Any help and/or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2Have my tube picked out...now what? Empty Re: Have my tube picked out...now what? Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:34 am

Dano67

Dano67

1 rod holder and a PFD

3Have my tube picked out...now what? Empty Re: Have my tube picked out...now what? Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:41 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

as soon as you get your tube lets get it wet there are so many thing you can do rod holderS, motor mounts,Flag design,Over head crane net, canopy for shade,endless lol!
no just kidding just figure out what you are going to carry and get all your equipment and put in the tube figure out a rod holder design you like,know what you are going to fish for and just take what you need , i was taking so much stuff i had maked a tool box/rod holder and it work out great untill i launch about 200 yards from where i parked i was tired and wondering WHY DID I BRING ALL THIS STUFF LOL
But i figure out what worked for me and cut may stuff in have and that still alot of stuff but it helps so what ever fish your on the hunt for take only that stuff when makea lil boxes of of stuff that use would like to try and also include at less one of off the wall lures that would not even thing of and i tell you what i caught fish when use stuff that was said to work on different types of fish but most of all have fun and be safe
Ed
just my 2 or 10 cents cheers

4Have my tube picked out...now what? Empty Re: Have my tube picked out...now what? Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome Jethro74 to the wonderful sport of tube fishing!

There are alot of options on how to rig your tube....rod holders, fish finder, live well, the list goes on and on.

There are a few things that you are required to have when you tube. Here is a list of the MUST HAVES:

1. PFD (life vest)
2. Airhorn or whistle ( Coast guard requirement)
3. Net or landing device

If you have those items then all you need is a rod, fins, lures.

See you on the water soon.

5Have my tube picked out...now what? Empty Re: Have my tube picked out...now what? Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:16 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I would also recommend a small ice chest or cooler that fits behind your seat to put food and drinks in and can also double as a somewhat water proof box to put other things.

6Have my tube picked out...now what? Empty Re: Have my tube picked out...now what? Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Jethro74

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated.

7Have my tube picked out...now what? Empty Re: Have my tube picked out...now what? Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 pm

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

bro run! run while you still can!!! save your money wile you still can.... hahaaha jk bro welcome

8Have my tube picked out...now what? Empty Re: Have my tube picked out...now what? Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:11 pm

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:as soon as you get your tube lets get it wet there are so many thing you can do rod holderS, motor mounts,Flag design,Over head crane net, canopy for shade,endless lol!
no just kidding just figure out what you are going to carry and get all your equipment and put in the tube figure out a rod holder design you like,know what you are going to fish for and just take what you need , i was taking so much stuff i had maked a tool box/rod holder and it work out great untill i launch about 200 yards from where i parked i was tired and wondering WHY DID I BRING ALL THIS STUFF LOL
But i figure out what worked for me and cut may stuff in have and that still alot of stuff but it helps so what ever fish your on the hunt for take only that stuff when makea lil boxes of of stuff that use would like to try and also include at less one of off the wall lures that would not even thing of and i tell you what i caught fish when use stuff that was said to work on different types of fish but most of all have fun and be safe
Ed
just my 2 or 10 cents cheers

yeah, keep it simple like these guys said. i overdid it with the add-ons. i've actually built most of the add-ons he mentioned, but they're way overkill. i also pack way too much gear when i head out. it's ok since i usually have a close launch site, but it can be a major pain

i'd also recommend a short gaff, a knife, or a "fish pacifier" aka mini baseball bat.

definitely need the essentials that sonarbp mentioned. i think those are legal requirements in the salt

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum