FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Today at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Today at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery? Empty Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery? Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hello Everyone,

Hope all is well

So at lunch i went to sports chalet just to kill sometime and get out off the office...as i go in of course went to the fishing section right away LOL needed to pick up a couple things for tomorrow, hitting irvine lake with the boss his kid me and my 12 year old nephew....so as i pick up some jigs, treble hooks and some powerbait, this Hummingbird Piranha pops out in front of me lol....box was open and it had a reduced price with out a power cord...to make the story short.....it was reduced to 50 bucks from a hundo....ended up picking it up and when they went to ring it up, effn thing came out to only 33 bones Shocked  Thumbs Up I was like oh hell yeah....33 bucks cant beat that.....

now the question, Does anyone know what kind of battery will work best....

as for mounting it...ive seen some of the pics here but any suggestions are welcome

Thanks for reading

Tony G

2Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery? Empty Re: Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery? Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:17 pm

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Pretty sure that will be a 12 volt. Motorcycle battery???

3Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery? Empty Re: Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery? Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:23 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hey fisheromen

Awesome thx...any brand better than others.....want to get a reliable one....

Tony g

4Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery? Empty Re: Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery? Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Casting Call

Casting Call
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I dont know about other brands, but this is the one I got:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
A full charge will last you forever. Well, at least for like 8 trips.

I bought a small cheap plastic tool box, drilled a couple small holes and zip tied the battery inside the tool box, and ran the power wires through another small hole. It doesnt make it waterproof, but enough to keep it dry from splashes. And the toolbox was big enough for me to store my pirannahmax 170 and ram mounts when Im not using it.

Last edited by Casting Call on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

5Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery? Empty Re: Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery? Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:44 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Casting Call wrote:I dont know about other brands, but this is the one I got:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
A full charge will last you forever. Well, at least for like 8 trips.
Hey casting call...

Awesome bro good lookin out....

Tony g

6Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery? Empty p max 160 battery Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:51 am

tjflyfisher

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

i run my garmin echo 150 on 8 aa batteries and it will run for 6 plus hrs without any problems

i use radio shack 8 aa battery holder part #2700387 they are like $3
and a 9 v connector $2 also from radio shack

super cheap and easy to change batteries and when not in use you can just remove them   solder the 9 v connector to your power cable
add inline switch (if you preefer one ) put the pack in small sealable plastic container (small sandwich storage container from dollar store is what i use ) throw it in your tubes storage pocket and your good to go

mine works awesome  if you want to see my power setup pm me and ill e mail you the pics

tight lines
tjflyfisher

7Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery? Empty Re: Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery? Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

tjflyfisher wrote:i run my garmin echo 150 on 8 aa batteries and it will run for 6 plus hrs without any problems

i use radio shack 8 aa battery holder part #2700387 they are like $3
and a 9 v connector $2 also from radio shack

super cheap and easy to change batteries and when not in use you can just remove them   solder the 9 v connector to your power cable
add inline switch (if you preefer one ) put the pack in small sealable plastic container (small sandwich storage container from dollar store is what i use ) throw it in your tubes storage pocket and your good to go

mine works awesome  if you want to see my power setup pm me and ill e mail you the pics

tight lines
tjflyfisher
Hey tjflyfisher

Thx for reading and the reply...but yeah for sure I would love to see those pictures.....new to the game..so not a lot of experience with mods ff n all that stufff

Again thx bro

Tony g

8Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery? Empty Re: Hummingbird PiranhaMax 160, Battery? Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:05 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LiPO or LiOn pack, 14.8V. Light weight, compact (as small as the 8 AA-batteries mod pack, same weight, and 12Ahr rather than the 2.4AHr). I have a 7.4V and a 14.8V, used on a Humminbird 718. 14.8V went dead after it was left on accidentally for over 18 hrs. Switched over to my 7.4V and power the unit easily for the entire day, even though the unit wants 10V to 13V, with a 1.2A draw. Don't skimp on the voltage. Pick the 14.8V pack, and go for 4AHr to 8AHr, depending on your needs. I mounted on my Fish Cat 4 and Hobie Outback kayaks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum