FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question of the month?

+9
fatboy531
hobie278
Renegade
wiseguy
n2deepfsw
bballnono
Tony G Fishing
.:LOLLY:.
Aquaholic38
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Question of the month? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:47 pm

bballnono

bballnono
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

fatboy531 wrote:This is gonna be my first winter on a tube. I would generally hit the local lake for trout and S.A.R.L for shore fishing. I'm deff gonna be doing some tubing for trout. I need to by some solid long johns and thermals for layers. I also enjoy snowboarding but here in so cal. You only have a few options and it's always crowded. Plus it gets expensive to drive out at the park pass can run a pretty penny. The cold weather will not slow my fishing game down. It's just time to change strategy. Slow and low... I think I might purchase an anchor to help deal with windy days. Anyone have any suggestions?

We used to fish in inflatable rubber rafts, and we would use a gallon milk jug filled with sand as an anchor. It could hold a raft and 3 kids, so I think it would hold a float tube.

27Question of the month? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:40 pm

hobie278

hobie278
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Aquaholic38 I live and dive San Diego mission bay jetty and sunset cliffs.

28Question of the month? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:45 pm

hobie278

hobie278
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I know guys that take a 2 liter bottle and do the same thing fill it with sand and when there done for the day empty it and recycle the bottle. I have a 1 1/2 lb anchor that I use got it at an OEX kayak shop.

29Question of the month? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:03 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

hobie278 wrote:Aquaholic38 I live and dive San Diego mission bay jetty and sunset cliffs.
Oh ok. I wanna dive there! When u going next?

30Question of the month? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:28 pm

Watertooner

Watertooner
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Here in the northland, it's never too cold to fish. We just split our fishing into two seasons - hard water and soft water. Because of that, we have two sets of fishing equipment. Short poles, augers, heaters, warm boots, hats, gloves etc for the one and pontoons, tubes, longer poles, waders for the other.

31Question of the month? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question of the month? Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:42 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TOO COLD!?!?! Its never too cold here in So Cal. If im not fishing for trout then im fishing for Cat and LMB but either way im fishing lol

32Question of the month? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:58 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

We are truly blessed here in So Cal.. even at our coldest it's pretty much fish-able regardless of where you fish. During our cold months the Big Bass start getting fooled by the swimbaits. Our saltwater species also bite well you just need to know when the conditions set up right for your target fish. For me winter means bay bass and Halibut. I dont really start hitting LMB till late Feb/early March depending on water temps

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum