FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Perris lake how sad it is

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Perris lake how sad it is Empty Perris lake how sad it is Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:32 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Well I took my new pond prowler two man boat to Perris yesterday and launched from lots 11 and 12 at the crack of dawn. Fished the east end all the way to behind the island and fished the island itself and the ponds located on the south side for 1 bass and lost 3.. sadly we spoke to some fish and game people and they said the water is dropping ( as we now it was going to) at a rate of approx 5" per day. They had several electroshock boats working all the spawning flats scooping up all the bass they could to relocate them to deeper water. They stated that the spawning areas will be above water within a week. I saw hundreds of empty beds everywhere.... this draw down for repairs should have been held off till after the spawn is over. That's my opinion... this fishery will be impacted by these actions..

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

2Perris lake how sad it is Empty Re: Perris lake how sad it is Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:37 am

Bro should of told me you where gonna be in my next of the woods , I was there only 3.5 hrs and managed 11 fish .  I did also talk to The People working the boats , as they dropped a ton of bass on the Tire Reef.  the lake draw down will happen , but in very small increments . According to 3 very close friends of mine that are Rangers @ Perris the draw down will not affect the spawn of the bass at all and that is the case I am seeing .  the water will be down 9' total in July !

Now for the late spawners the Panfish like Bluegill and such this will suck bigtime for them , but will it hurt the spawn there  ? heck no  . gotta remember the lake was drawn down 15' just 2-3 yrs ago and the lake still fished amazing , just a little different  Thumbs Up 

Edit : Also Remember that the few fish we see up into 1ft of water right now is only a handful of the true beds in the lake . there are beds sitting much deeper in about 15' of water Wink

WES

3Perris lake how sad it is Empty Re: Perris lake how sad it is Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:07 pm

Was out Today and the Hidden Lake at Perris will not be accessible after next week .. they pretty much shocked all the fish outta there and dropped them on the Tire Reef Tuesday like we both witnessed .

Sad thing While Tubing the east end today is I saw 3 Large Bass in the 5-8lb range floating dead today. maybe a result from the other day ... WES

4Perris lake how sad it is Empty Re: Perris lake how sad it is Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:50 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

It does seem like a rough time to do this to the lake, might not truly effect the spawn, but I am sure it going to change there spawning patterns. Only time will tell lets just hope it does not have any lasting effects.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5Perris lake how sad it is Empty Re: Perris lake how sad it is Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:20 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Wes I wanted to call you but my morning started out in the worst way possible... in the first 7 minutes after I launched ( I know this because it was video taped) the wiring fuse blew and I lost all power and was left floating in limbo till I figured out a way to get the power up and running.. while floating I looked at my phone in case I had to call lake patrol for a tow and realized my phone was dead..trust me I thought of you first when we could not locate fish.. thanks anyways.ill be back out there soon.. maybe you might want to come along and not have to kick all day..

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum