Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » ODC 420 .. Issues .. may have to get a new tube :(

ODC 420 .. Issues .. may have to get a new tube :(

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

So I have Had My Creek Company ODC 420 tube , for 6 months now and Yes I can say it has been a Sturdy tube and is getting the job done . But for the last month I have had issues with there Guaranteed Lifetime Warranty which states :

"All Creek Company products are guaranteed against defects in Material and Workmanship for the life of the product to the Original owner. This does not cover damage due to misuse, abuse, neglect or normal wear & tear. "

So I am like cool My issue should be covered , as I am having issues with my front pockets and the workmanship of the Zipper as the Seam is coming apart , should be an easy fix right ? not so fast , there telling me is normal wear and Tear  Shocked  .. so why I am trying to hopefully get this resolved , I am coming closer day by day that I may have to purchase a new tube again  Mad  .. Gosh I hope i don't have to buy a new one !

So if it comes down to that I am looking at of course the Cumberland & Fish cat 4 Deluxe . i am very up to date on both of these tubes , My question comes as this is anyone experiencing any issue with the stitching of these tubes or heck on there Odc 420 ?

Thanks , WES

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Knock on wood I have had no issues as of yet with my ODC 420 stitching. I have heard good and bad about the customer service with Creek Company I will send a message to my contact over there and see what he says. Not sure it will be any different but I will check.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

.:LOLLY:.

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Bummer about the problems with your tube and customer support. Speaking from personal experience, the customer support at classic accessories is top notch  Thumbs Up 

kin

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Had my 420 for over five years already. No issues with zippers or stitching anywhere on the thing. The fact that you have used it less than a year should allow it to be warrantied. If that isn't a manufacturer defect, then you must spend many many many long boring hours zipping it open and closed ZZZZZZZ 

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:If that isn't a manufacturer defect, then you must spend many many many long boring hours zipping it open and closed ZZZZZZZ 

lol! 

Wyu

Wyu
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Wow... That's sucks... I have an ODC lightweight and haven't had any problems so far.

Only thing I can see might be an issue is the grommets rusting from the saltwater even thought I wash my tube down after getting home.

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Wow... That's sucks... I have an ODC lightweight and haven't had any problems so far.

Only thing I can see might be an issue is the grommets rusting from the saltwater even thought I wash my tube down after getting home.

I have a little rust on the grommets on the bottom of mine as well, but i figured that is normal. No other problems with my tube. I have the ODC 420 heavy weight one and it has been a sold tube.

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I'm having the same problem with my odc 420 here's what they sent me

"Hello David, Thanks for the message. The tear is probably not covered. The zippers may just need some lubricant. Sometimes they get corroded fro the weather, water, salt. Please try that. You can also send the cover in to Creek Company with a note and they can take a look. Also, if you want a new cover without sending the old one in, I can sell you one for $24 plus $12.50 shipping. Let me know. You can also email me directly at Creek Company: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Thanks Chris"

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing
that sucks to hear Wes!!!

I personally dealt with them the other day when i was getting the 420 lightweight, ordered it and supposebly it was on its way for 3 days when they said they had 8 in stock! so i called them up and they kept giving me the lame run around! that it was amazon and not them....blah blah blah...to the point where i asked so many questions just to get an answer of no it hadnt shipped and some crap answer of why it didnt, ended up telling the guy to cancel my order..... on the line to cancel it.......i personally think their customer service sucks. their tubes might be good, but man i wish they had different personnel......anyways sorry for the rant LOL...

i say go with the outcast deluxe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thumbs Up 

Tony G

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
The only issue I have with mine is when I zip the pockets that hold the bladders. When I zip them too fast I end up with misaligned zippers.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
I am waiting to hear back from my contact once I hear something I will let you know. Not sure if I can help but I will try. Chomps said $24 plus shipping ($12.50) I know that they should cover it but, hell for that price I think I might order a new cover just to have it in case.

I am sending some photos over , I hope I can get this fixed Smile

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
I just got an e-mail from Chris over there and he said to send a picture, not much more was said but maybe the picture will help them out.

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Sounds like they're handling warranty work in a case by case situation. Hope they realize great customer service will ultimately bring in more customers. Good luck.

Jerdon

Jerdon
Wes, did you get this fixed ?

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum