FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

ODC 420 .. Issues .. may have to get a new tube :(

+6
Chomps
jmericle
Wyu
kin
.:LOLLY:.
jeffcpr
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

So I have Had My Creek Company ODC 420 tube , for 6 months now and Yes I can say it has been a Sturdy tube and is getting the job done . But for the last month I have had issues with there Guaranteed Lifetime Warranty which states :

"All Creek Company products are guaranteed against defects in Material and Workmanship for the life of the product to the Original owner. This does not cover damage due to misuse, abuse, neglect or normal wear & tear. "

So I am like cool My issue should be covered , as I am having issues with my front pockets and the workmanship of the Zipper as the Seam is coming apart , should be an easy fix right ? not so fast , there telling me is normal wear and Tear  Shocked  .. so why I am trying to hopefully get this resolved , I am coming closer day by day that I may have to purchase a new tube again  Mad  .. Gosh I hope i don't have to buy a new one !

So if it comes down to that I am looking at of course the Cumberland & Fish cat 4 Deluxe . i am very up to date on both of these tubes , My question comes as this is anyone experiencing any issue with the stitching of these tubes or heck on there Odc 420 ?

Thanks , WES

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Knock on wood I have had no issues as of yet with my ODC 420 stitching. I have heard good and bad about the customer service with Creek Company I will send a message to my contact over there and see what he says. Not sure it will be any different but I will check.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Bummer about the problems with your tube and customer support. Speaking from personal experience, the customer support at classic accessories is top notch  Thumbs Up 

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Had my 420 for over five years already. No issues with zippers or stitching anywhere on the thing. The fact that you have used it less than a year should allow it to be warrantied. If that isn't a manufacturer defect, then you must spend many many many long boring hours zipping it open and closed ZZZZZZZ 

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

kin wrote:If that isn't a manufacturer defect, then you must spend many many many long boring hours zipping it open and closed ZZZZZZZ 

lol! 

Wyu

Wyu
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Wow... That's sucks... I have an ODC lightweight and haven't had any problems so far.

Only thing I can see might be an issue is the grommets rusting from the saltwater even thought I wash my tube down after getting home.

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Wyu wrote:Wow... That's sucks... I have an ODC lightweight and haven't had any problems so far.

Only thing I can see might be an issue is the grommets rusting from the saltwater even thought I wash my tube down after getting home.

I have a little rust on the grommets on the bottom of mine as well, but i figured that is normal. No other problems with my tube. I have the ODC 420 heavy weight one and it has been a sold tube.

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'm having the same problem with my odc 420 here's what they sent me

"Hello David, Thanks for the message. The tear is probably not covered. The zippers may just need some lubricant. Sometimes they get corroded fro the weather, water, salt. Please try that. You can also send the cover in to Creek Company with a note and they can take a look. Also, if you want a new cover without sending the old one in, I can sell you one for $24 plus $12.50 shipping. Let me know. You can also email me directly at Creek Company: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Thanks Chris"

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

that sucks to hear Wes!!!

I personally dealt with them the other day when i was getting the 420 lightweight, ordered it and supposebly it was on its way for 3 days when they said they had 8 in stock! so i called them up and they kept giving me the lame run around! that it was amazon and not them....blah blah blah...to the point where i asked so many questions just to get an answer of no it hadnt shipped and some crap answer of why it didnt, ended up telling the guy to cancel my order..... on the line to cancel it.......i personally think their customer service sucks. their tubes might be good, but man i wish they had different personnel......anyways sorry for the rant LOL...

i say go with the outcast deluxe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thumbs Up 

Tony G

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The only issue I have with mine is when I zip the pockets that hold the bladders. When I zip them too fast I end up with misaligned zippers.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am waiting to hear back from my contact once I hear something I will let you know. Not sure if I can help but I will try. Chomps said $24 plus shipping ($12.50) I know that they should cover it but, hell for that price I think I might order a new cover just to have it in case.

I am sending some photos over , I hope I can get this fixed Smile

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I just got an e-mail from Chris over there and he said to send a picture, not much more was said but maybe the picture will help them out.

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Sounds like they're handling warranty work in a case by case situation. Hope they realize great customer service will ultimately bring in more customers. Good luck.

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Wes, did you get this fixed ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum