FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Today at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Today at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Fish Finder Recommendations

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Fish Finder Recommendations Empty New Fish Finder Recommendations Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Subwithavocado

Subwithavocado
FTFF Gathering Officer

Any recommendations for a fish finder? Many thanks for some suggestions.

2New Fish Finder Recommendations Empty Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:27 pm

sumguyx103

sumguyx103
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

yea i would like to know also... im thinkin about the lowrance 4x-hdi... would also like to know wat everyone is using...

3New Fish Finder Recommendations Empty Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Lol, not gonna lie, I ha126ve been thinking about this too. I was thinking Huminnbird piranamax 175. I'm looking for budget and that seems best bang for the buck. I read a lot of reviews and all except 2 or 3 loved it. Would require a little mount modification. But that would be fun to build.

4New Fish Finder Recommendations Empty Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:28 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I'm interested in what works from those who use fishfinders as well. The Hummingbird 120 looks good to me because of the ease of installation and the forward searching feature.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

5New Fish Finder Recommendations Empty Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:55 am

Casting Call

Casting Call
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have a Piranahmax 170. Its cheap and it tells me what I need to know! I primarily use it to see the depth and to look for bigger fish. But I think its broken or something because I never catch anything big..lol

6New Fish Finder Recommendations Empty Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:15 am

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

That's the one I was thinking of getting. I heard it's pretty user friendly. Is it pretty accurate with depth and structure? I figure if it can show me those things then, I can do the rest with finding fish.

7New Fish Finder Recommendations Empty Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:20 am

Casting Call

Casting Call
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Mikeotunakiller wrote:That's the one I was thinking of getting.  I heard it's pretty user friendly.  Is it pretty accurate with depth and structure? I figure if it can show me those things then, I can do the rest with finding fish.

Its very user friendly. Its pretty accurate with the depth and contours of the bottom. With structure, yeah, Ive gone over sunken logs/stumps in shallow water and I see it on the FF.
For floating, I think all the bells and whistles on more expensive FFers are a waste of money, unless you have it on a boat where you can really take advantage of all the extras.

8New Fish Finder Recommendations Empty Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:45 am

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Casting Call wrote:
Mikeotunakiller wrote:That's the one I was thinking of getting.  I heard it's pretty user friendly.  Is it pretty accurate with depth and structure? I figure if it can show me those things then, I can do the rest with finding fish.

Its very user friendly. Its pretty accurate with the depth and contours of the bottom. With structure, yeah, Ive gone over sunken logs/stumps in shallow water and I see it on the FF.
For floating, I think all the bells and whistles on more expensive FFers are a waste of money, unless you have it on a boat where you can really take advantage of all the extras.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Then I know which one I'll be getting lol. It had good reviews on site, but it's nice to talk to someone that actually uses it.

9New Fish Finder Recommendations Empty Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:53 am

I have the Humminbird PiranhaMAX 175 Fish Finder and it is all I will need for the time being . The dual Beam sonar will help a ton and spread that range out not just looking straight down but to the sides as well.

Remember We use the Fish Finder to Find Structure and check out bottom contour .  We may not always see Fish marked on the screen and that does not mater , a fish finder can give you false marks and you don't want to base your whole day of fishing off of fish marks ! FIND THE STRUCTURE AND FIND THE FISH !

If you search the website you will find there is a ton of information on different Fish finders and powering options and awesome mounting ideas . I think one of our sponsor's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  has one of the easiest mounts to get anyone started , especially if you don't have the know how or time to build one  Thumbs Up 

WES

10New Fish Finder Recommendations Empty Re: New Fish Finder Recommendations Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:41 am

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks Wes for the knowledge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum