FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Today at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

This looks like Fun ! Not ....

+5
bayfishingjunkie
Yellowrock
.:LOLLY:.
Tony G Fishing
jeffcpr
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty This looks like Fun ! Not .... Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty Re: This looks like Fun ! Not .... Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:57 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dude that made my fingers hurt just looking at it  affraid 

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty Re: This looks like Fun ! Not .... Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

What a Face  oh hellz no LOL LOL dont even wanna imagine!  Shocked 

4This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty Re: This looks like Fun ! Not .... Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:15 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I saw that earlier. It still makes me cringe every time I see it. At first I thought "oh it can't be that bad" until I saw the hook under the nail.

5This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty Re: This looks like Fun ! Not .... Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:28 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I was on a twilight trip on the Native Sun from Berth 55 Long Beach many moons ago and as I was slinging the iron for WFO Cuda action and nailed this dudes elbow that embedded the entire shank of the treble hook. He was an out-of-towner that wanted to experience Socal sportfishing and didn't know the lingo "Going out!" or "Low Bridge" so he walked right into my cast zone chit chatting with the deck hand and didn't know. I felt terrible but that didn't help his pain. eeekk..

6This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty Re: This looks like Fun ! Not .... Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:24 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Got that beat . Also many many moons ago on the redondo beach barge ( very early 80's ) the barge was like boot camp... training grounds for a lot of people and in summer and fall when the big 7 to 10 pound bonito would show up all kinds of mayhem would ensue... people trying to throw the iron on zebco 2 piece rods with those ceramic hula hoop sized guides and coffee grinder reels... well it was one such chaotic day lures flying people tangled when I was standing by the bait tank and some wanna be pro was chucking huge candy bar jigs without looking behind him just as a lady was walking out of the galley when that jig stuck her just under her eye with the hook coming out through the center of her pupil and yanking it out of her skull.... I had my sunglasses taken off my face by a wayward jig also on that barge....crazy. stuff ill never forget it

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

7This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty Re: This looks like Fun ! Not .... Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:30 pm

BFJ , pictures or it didnt happen  lol!  , Im j/k man I totally could picture that as I have seen such incidents involving peoples ears

WES

8This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty Re: This looks like Fun ! Not .... Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:41 pm

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

OK so the whole eyeball thing, really didn't need that visual, pardon the pun.
The finger nail looks excruciatingly painful remove. My eyes are watering just looking at it.
Oh ya, just cut it and pull it out the other side.... after you rip your finger nail off! ACK!!! no

9This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty Re: This looks like Fun ! Not .... Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:26 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

That finger thing looks really bad and it curls my toes ...my wuss a%s would probably leave it there if I could...I would def need to be put to sleep to remove that thing

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

10This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty Re: This looks like Fun ! Not .... Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:11 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Just OUCH!
Any idea how that happened?

11This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty Re: This looks like Fun ! Not .... Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:06 am

Dunno Jerdon , I will talk with the guy who it happened to . he said he is gonna leave it for now lol

12This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty Re: This looks like Fun ! Not .... Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:42 pm

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Jerdon wrote:Just OUCH!

Just guessing, but it was probably a fishing accident.  Cool  Sorry, couldn't resist!

13This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty Re: This looks like Fun ! Not .... Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:43 pm

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Ya, let it grow out right?

14This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty Re: This looks like Fun ! Not .... Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:34 am

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Holy crap!
I've taken to crushing my hook barbs lately. It has saved me from a couple of these, albeit less severe.
I think, I'll keep doing it.

OUCH!

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

15This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty Re: This looks like Fun ! Not .... Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:34 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

fisheromen wrote:
Jerdon wrote:Just OUCH!

Just guessing, but it was probably a fishing accident.   Cool   Sorry, couldn't resist!

Hahaha.... LOL, I left myself open for that one.

I dropped an 8 oz sinker once while I was putting a live squid on. That little drop drug the hook into my knuckle pretty good. I was wondering if it was the fish that drug it in or something else like a simple drop.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

16This looks like Fun ! Not .... Empty Re: This looks like Fun ! Not .... Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:57 am

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

HAH! Sure Jerdon, blame the fish. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum