FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

6/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James....

+3
GT
jeffcpr
Tony G Fishing
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

16/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Empty 6/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:18 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Buenos Dias all!

bounce 

So headed out to Kern tomorrow morning and will b staying at Camp James....we have the Kern running right through our camp....anyone recommend some tips for river fishing...first time...well not first time on a river but solo yes, cuz in oregon we had a guide....

thank everyoone

Tony G

26/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Empty Re: 6/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:27 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Never been so good luck buddy wish you all the good fish vibe's in the world. Don't forget the report with pictures please  Red Smile 

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

36/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Empty Re: 6/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:52 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

jeffcpr wrote:Never been so good luck buddy wish you all the good fish vibe's in the world. Don't forget the report with pictures please  Red Smile 

for sure bro, got my go pro  Thumbs Up and phone! and girls phone LOL

46/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Empty Re: 6/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:04 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Tony G, look for eddies, especially around areas of fast water......they rest and eat in them. Any pools you find, fish will more than likely be at the bottom, current takes the food down. I love to river fish...........good luck Bro, GT

56/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Empty Re: 6/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:10 am

Pdawg

Pdawg
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

go to the lake below. fish the bass and crappie. fish the points. water level is real low.

66/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Empty Re: 6/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:22 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

GT wrote:Tony G, look for eddies, especially around areas of fast water......they rest and eat in them. Any pools you find, fish will more than likely be at the bottom, current takes the food down.  I love to river fish...........good luck Bro, GT

Sweet GT, good looking out on the intel bro...ill for sure do that....and thanks!  Thumbs Up 

Tony G

76/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Empty Re: 6/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:32 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Pdawg wrote:go to the lake below. fish the bass and crappie. fish the points. water level is real low.

Isabella right....i actually probably will go check it out...maybe tomorrow morning before i get to camp james...i guess we cant check in till like 130pm sucks  Evil or Very Mad but gives me an out to fish isabella  Thumbs Up thanks Pdawg!

86/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Empty Re: 6/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:05 am

Pdawg

Pdawg
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Crappie is always a go. Check the videos YouTube for locations. As you pass the lake look for turn offs look down see a point fish around it. The water is so low now it's dead give away. Take pictures of exposed areas and fish next rain year. Get em! Bra

96/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Empty Re: 6/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:07 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

NICE pdawg, thanks bro!!!

106/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Empty Re: 6/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Wyu

Wyu
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

If your fishing the river it's best to cast your bait up river and drift it down. You can use power bait or set up a power mice tail.

You can also use Kastmaster's too.

I heard of productive spots like the power plant and the graveyard/old cemetery spoken of I've fished the old cemetery once but don't recall exactly where it's located only that it's at the mouth of the river to lake Isabella. If you can do a online search I'm pretty sure you will find it.

Good luck hope this helps.

116/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Empty Re: 6/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:55 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Wyu wrote:If your fishing the river it's best to cast your bait up river and drift it down. You can use power bait or set up a power mice tail.

You can also use Kastmaster's too.

I heard of productive spots like the power plant and the graveyard/old cemetery spoken of I've fished the old cemetery once but don't recall exactly where it's located only that it's at the mouth of the river to lake Isabella. If you can do a online search I'm pretty sure you will find it.

Good luck hope this helps.

Wyu!!! Huge help!!....got all 3 of them...hopefully there on the chew.......thx bro

126/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Empty Re: 6/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:27 pm

bassmeister

FTFF Gathering Officer

Also make sure to have some curly tail grubs in chartreuse, white, and yellow. As far as lead heads 1/32 and 1/16. I also make sure to have my lead heads in black, red, white, and orange and plain lead. mix up the colored heads to grub colors till you find out whats working best. these jigs will cover all species at the lake and the river. Don't tell anybody but black head and chartreuse grub or tube is my go to combination!!! Then red head white grub or tube.  Cool

136/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Empty Re: 6/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:15 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

salute 
bassmeister wrote:Also make sure to have some curly tail grubs in chartreuse, white, and yellow. As far as lead heads 1/32 and 1/16. I also make sure to have my lead heads in black, red, white, and orange and plain lead. mix up the colored heads to grub colors till you find out whats working best. these jigs will cover all species at the lake and the river. Don't tell anybody but black head and chartreuse grub or tube is my go to combination!!! Then red head white grub or tube.  Cool

Yo thanks Bassmeister!!!! On it bro...good stuff! Leaving in 45 min...

146/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Empty Re: 6/12-6/15 Kern River, Camp James.... Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:28 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Can't wait for the real time reports Tony! Have fun bro!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum