FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in An idea worth looking into
( 2 )

» Post by jmytuna in Umbrella rig
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Live scope in your glasses
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

My review of my new Cumberland float tube

+16
knuckledragger
chipmcd
Aquaholic38
Chomps
kin
Pavo21
Mikeotunakiller
wiseguy
fisheromen
augie
zdiaz925
Sheriffdad
Ifishtoolittle
chase1472
Jerdon
jeffcpr
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have had this before and over the years I have had at least 7 different tubes.  This by far is my favorite float tube.  

Pro's
  • Great sizes you have a lot of room

• 350 lb capasity that should be a minimum for most

• Seat you sit high and dry

• Storage is amazing

• it moves great in the water

• fairly light weight easy to carry

Con's
What con's there are none....well lets see...
  • the cup holders maybe not a needed item we lose storage space

• the crossbar it has never been my favorite item in a tube

scratch 
Thats all I got for con's I really like this tube it is a amazing tube and if you were thinking maybe I might get one what are you waiting for get it you wont be disappointed.  geek 

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

That seems to be the rub for a few of us.
Outrages sized storage area impeded by the cup holder.
I have seen where people simply leave OFF the crossbar and apron, but I like to lay the fish on the apron. Also, I put micro sized boxes and my bandannas and soft junk around the cup holders.

Does your unbelievably organized tackle system fit in one of the side pockets?

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

chase1472

FTFF Gathering Officer

I love my cumberland. I would agree the cross bar kinda sucks.

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

What's so bad about the cross bar? Is it the attachment issue when you get into your tube?

Oh and does the Cumberland have a solid whole foam block for the seat rather than two foam blocks like my ODC?

Sheriffdad

Sheriffdad
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I have had my Cumberland for three years and so far I have only fished in Fresh water lakes.  Like most, I really like the Cumberland.  As a fly fisherman, the cons I have are the straps that hold on the apron, and the pull bar for the pockets.  When stripping and casting, the line has a tendency to wrap around the bar, and the strap has a hemmed overlap that is a line magnet.  To get around this, I put the bar inside the pocket, zip it tight, and fasten the Velcro.  This eliminates that issue.  For the strap, I used the universal fix and wrapped it in duct tape.  No more lip to catch the line.
I've used several of the suggestions found here to make it a very user friendly tube.  I just returned from an eight day trip to the Mammoth Lakes area, and I always get asked about the rod rack that .:Lolly:. made for me.  Top quality that really adds a lot to my fishing experience.
Overall, the tube is easy to use, and extremely comfortable.

6My review of my new Cumberland float tube Empty Love the cumberland Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:29 pm

zdiaz925

FTFF Gathering Officer

I found the PVC in the cross bar sleeve to be a little short . I mean it doesn't stay snug in the prefab pockets. I don't know if it was a factory mistake or just a norm but it's an easy fix at home depot where you can also beef up the thickness of the pvc pipe while fixing length if you to also have the problem.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Jerdon wrote:That seems to be the rub for a few of us.
Outrages sized storage area impeded by the cup holder.
I have seen where people simply leave OFF the crossbar and apron, but I like to lay the fish on the apron. Also, I put micro sized boxes and my bandannas and soft junk around the cup holders.

Does your unbelievably organized tackle system fit in one of the side pockets?

It does fit perfectly with not issues at all, in fact I can fit even more in these pockets than in my ODC 420 pockets.

Ifishtoolittle wrote:What's so bad about the cross bar?  Is it the attachment issue when you get into your tube?  

Oh and does the Cumberland have a solid whole foam block for the seat rather than two foam blocks like my ODC?

The cross bar does not give any support to the apron which is the problem for most float tubes (there are some really good mods on here for that). I also just leave it off but from time to time I need it. Someday there will be a better way to attach the apron.
As for the seat it is a foam block, but some info has been passed along to the makers of the Cumberland maybe they will make a mod for the seat or add an option for an inflatable seat, only time will tell.

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Awesome!  Thanks Jeffcpr.

So a whole foam block right?  

I'm debating on parting ways with my ODC right now since the Cumberland is still on sale. Compared to the ODC 420 how does the Cumberland fare? Better? Worse?

My biggest gripe about the ODC is how heavy it is when carrying it to the water even with straps! Other than that the bottom is insanely tough. And, on the Cumberland it doesn't look like the the whole bottom is PVC reinforced.

augie

augie
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I have both an odc 420 and a Cumberland and I must say I like the Cumberland better than the odc420 , to me the stabilizer bar helps out a lot in the form of leg room, the odc doesn't give u much leg room and your legs are in my opinion pushed closer together, also I think you sit a little bit higher and I believe it cuts faster through the water just my 2 cents.

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The seat is a solid block. The bottom is totally covered. I put pieces of rod mailer tubes around the cup holders to stiffen them and I store rarely used items around them. I put large plastic containers from the dollar store in the storage pockets. Makes them stand up nicely. The spreader bar is only too short when there is no weight in the tube. I forgot the spreader bar once and did not like the feeling of my legs being pinched together. My apron was too sloppy so I took it up a little.

The Cumberland weighs 18 lbs, so it is no lightweight. It is the only tube I have ever had, but I have had no reason to look for another.

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks for the consesus guys. I just may bite the bullet and get the tube.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Between the ODC and Cumberland I like them both but if I had to chose one it would be the Cumberland hands down. It is lighter then the ODC not buy much but it is lighter and the the PVC on the cumberland is just as good as the PVC on the ODC. Hands down the Cumberland is better in every way, that does not mean the ODC is not a great tube, I just think the Cumberland is just that much better.

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

My seat is a series of approximately 3/8 thick sheets and they are pressed in pretty tight. Once it is wet they stick together pretty good.
Very comfy, I have fished 7 hours with no problem, my fins cause me more discomfort than the seat.

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Done. I just joined the Cumberland club.  Red Smile 

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I dont think I can add anything more to what has already been said. I will add this though, here is a mod I came up with to fix the apron issue, I hated the apron, this new mod has served me well.

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I agree the Cumberland is an amazing tube. I love it!

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i want a float tube Smile and cumberland is awesome

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

I hate my ODC 420 , it is getting the job done , but send it out for 2 weeks to get a pocket fixed only to have the same pocket rip again and the one on the other side that has nothing in it . is kind of annoying . I maybe switching VERY soon

WES

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Misfitdog wrote:I hate my ODC 420 , it is getting the job done , but send it out for 2 weeks to get a pocket fixed only to have the same pocket rip again and the one on the other side that has nothing in it . is kind of annoying .  I maybe switching VERY soon

WES

The Cumberland is the tube you're looking for. (waving hand across your face, Jedi style)

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I admit, I love my odc, but it's strictly for freshwater and even then, I barely use the side pockets. I'll be in the market for either a Cumberland or the togiak for packability.

The caddis pro 2000 is nice, but I think it's time for a new tube and save the caddis as a loaner.

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My next tube is defiantly gonna be something from classic accessories. I can't stand my odc 420 anymore

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wiseguy wrote:I dont think I can add anything more to what has already been said.  I will add this though, here is a mod I came up with to fix the apron issue, I hated the apron, this new mod has served me well.

that's no apron! that's a fish cleaning station!!!! :O lol

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Aqua,

your right, it's a fish cleaning station, a photo booth, lunch table, measuring table...and many more uses. It works great. Very Happy 

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wiseguy wrote:Aqua,

your right, it's a fish cleaning station, a photo booth, lunch table, measuring table...and many more uses.  It works great. Very Happy 
I like it!! I might copy your design  Thumbs Up 

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

kind of digging up an old thread....

Jeff, did yours come with or without the d-ring on top, rear of the tube like the one shown here:

Or did you get one like Jerdon's with the four backpack strap mounting point below the seat?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum