FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Safety while float tubing

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Safety while float tubing  Empty Safety while float tubing Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:31 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Safety while float tubing
Remember float tubing is a fun and relaxing outdoor activity and we should always try to keep it that way. So for us to keep it this way we should always remember that our personal safety is paramount. Catching fish is never more important and should always be no more than second when float tubing. Below is a list of supplies that will be needed and should be considered when setting out for a trip.

Safety Item Check List

1. Life Jacket – Most lake near me require it just to get in the park.

2. Loud Whistle or Noise making device – This is a good way to let other boats know that you are there, must of use sit very low in the water and cannot be seen very well.

3. High Visibility Material – Most tubes have this on the back rest bright orange or yellows, if it is not there wear a bright colored hat. Or I have seen some people use orange flags off there tubes.

4. Swim Fins – A must if in a tube or belly boat without oars.

5. Anchor – To hold you in one sport if the wind is to stronge.

6. Wide Brim Hat and Sunblock Sun Glasses – More for personal comfort and just helping you to last longer out on the water.

7. Drinking Water – to keep you hydrated whether in hot weather or cold weather.

8. Stay Close to shore – Getting to far out from shore in always a risk, if you are close you can get to shore faster if something should go wrong.

9. Tube with a Buddy – If you can always have a buddy with you or at the very least let people know were you are at.

I know must of us are aware of these things, and think why should we need to go over these understood items. But not everyone think the same and to enjoy yourself on any outing, is to come home safe and share your stories with everyone else. I have three kids and understand the need for safety better because of this so I would like to make sure everyone else is safe as well. So take what you want from this but always remember be safe and stay floating my friends.

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2Safety while float tubing  Empty Re: Safety while float tubing Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:40 pm

ripper

FTFF Gathering Officer

I'm kind of new to float tubing, I have a life vest and can't stand wearing it (too bulky) any suggestions on any other types of vests? I cant afford one of those inflatable types.

3Safety while float tubing  Empty Re: Safety while float tubing Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:44 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That would have been my first suggestions, the other not the safe way but another way is tie it next to your tube for quick access. Like I said not the safe way but most of us do this out here.make sure if you have waders that you use a wader belt as well it will keep water from getting in and taking you under.
The only other thing I can think of is get something that fits you better, there are some good vest that are not so bulky it is all up to what you are comfortable with ripper.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4Safety while float tubing  Empty Re: Safety while float tubing Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:19 pm

ripper

FTFF Gathering Officer

So you actually tie your vest to the float? I guess the requirements are that you have one and not nessarally wear it.

5Safety while float tubing  Empty Re: Safety while float tubing Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:23 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have never had a problem with this, but I have been stopped in the water and asked were is your vest once they see it they are fine with it.

6Safety while float tubing  Empty Re: Safety while float tubing Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:39 pm

ripper

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thats too funny, hey why not if it works. Have you fished perris?

7Safety while float tubing  Empty Re: Safety while float tubing Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:40 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have only once from my tube, Madbasser and Dano67 went yesterday, they should be posting a report with pic's soon check it out

8Safety while float tubing  Empty Re: Safety while float tubing Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Dano67

Dano67

jeffcpr wrote:I have only once from my tube, Madbasser and Dano67 went yesterday, they should be posting a report with pic's soon check it out

Posted in the trips area:)

9Safety while float tubing  Empty I use a moped orange flag sometimes Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Yardsaleunderwear

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

When I'm in a lake with jet ski's, I stick a tall moped flag on the back of my tube. Hey! it beats getting run over by some kid out joy riding and jumping wakes.

10Safety while float tubing  Empty Re: Safety while float tubing Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:43 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Safety is paramount when on the water... I experienced first hand how someone that is new to this sport can be careless. The night I fished alamitos our other buddy who is new to fishing came along with his new fancy pontoon that cost him an arm and a leg. First off he never read the operating instructions. Well he's assembling the pontoon and I'm waiting on my prowler tied to the dock but because how long its taking him I walk over to the ramp and could not believe what I saw. He was about to launch with his pontoons inflated about 40% because he could not figure out how the inflation system worked.. he insisted it was fine and that he had launched with less air. But this time he had a battery strapped incorrectly and a trolling motor bearly hanging on to the back. Well I pulled him off the pontoon and said this pontoon will not be launched untill its done right well we figured everything out and properly inflated the toon but then I noticed that everything he attached to the toon was done with sharp wire..I said you might as well have a porcupine riding along.... fishing is exciting but being in a rush can get you hurt. Common sense needs to be used. Any body of water is capable of killing you. From the shored of laguna niguels calm waters to those that push the limits and are tubing the wall at night.. be smart be safe and know your limits!

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum