FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Today at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Today at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Today at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Today at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Today at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Today at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Today at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

July 4th weekend at the LAB

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1July 4th weekend at the LAB Empty July 4th weekend at the LAB Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:52 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Went out on Sat and Mon of the weekend.  Happy Independence day everyone!  Parking was very tough on Sat over on Ocean blvd.  Today wasn't as bad at Appian way early this morning.  Both days fished from about 8am to Noonish.  Overcast early both days turning into sunny skies.  Had one rod dropshotting 3" fool's bait and other rod throwing 3" AA grub's on a 1/4 oz. jighead.  Majority of bites came on the jighead although quite a few strikes on the dropshot but missed converting a lot of these.  Fish fairly active both days with plenty of short bites and some landed.  6 spotties, 6 sand bass, 1 calico, and 1 sculpin on Fri and 7 spotties and 3 sand bass today.  Majority kind of dinky with maybe 7 legal sized.  Only a couple of photo's from the first day so here they are.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It was a zoo coming back in today but made it in safely thank God with kayak's, paddleboarder's, and boats coming at me from all directions LOL

2July 4th weekend at the LAB Empty Re: July 4th weekend at the LAB Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:14 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

It's amazing how you guys deal with all the water vessels around you in those harbors. Out here where I'm at there is hardly another person to deal with. That may sound great, and most times it is, but at times it can seem very lonely and eerie out on the water.

Thanks for the report!

3July 4th weekend at the LAB Empty Re: July 4th weekend at the LAB Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:40 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Nicely done David....putting the hurt on them!!! WTG thanks for reporting....i need to get out there

big fish....you sort of get used to it...just have to keep your head on a swivel because of people that want to get to close to you with there boat, as for it getting earie..that only happens for me when im fishing at night in the harbor...it gets lonely! you can hear the seals barking from distance What a Face Ive had them come up on me at night about 3 feet away, NO BUENO with no one around...haha,

Tony G Fishing

4July 4th weekend at the LAB Empty Re: July 4th weekend at the LAB Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:01 am

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bigfish wrote:It's amazing how you guys deal with all the water vessels around you in those harbors. Out here where I'm at there is hardly another person to deal with. That may sound great, and most times it is, but at times it can seem very lonely and eerie out on the water.

Thanks for the report!

Going early and late tends to be more peaceful which is nice.  Early and late at night can often be eerie when I'm alone for sure.  Sometimes I think about what lurks in the salt but then I usually realize no good thinking about it... lol

Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:Nicely done David....putting the hurt on them!!! WTG thanks for reporting....i need to get out there

big fish....you sort of get used to it...just have to keep your head on a swivel because of people that want to get to close to you with there boat, as for it getting earie..that only happens for me when im fishing at night in the harbor...it gets lonely! you can hear the seals barking from distance What a Face Ive had them come up on me at night about 3 feet away, NO BUENO with no one around...haha,

Tony G Fishing

Thanks Tony G!  Let us know how your offshore trip went.  You guys killed 'em last year
[/quote]

5July 4th weekend at the LAB Empty Re: July 4th weekend at the LAB Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Congratz on getting in the water and catching a few.

Thanks for sharing.

6July 4th weekend at the LAB Empty Re: July 4th weekend at the LAB Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:44 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Hey david886720,

Very nice numbers!  

It seemed as though the larger Bass had moved out of the area that they had been held-up-in for the last two weeks, I'm glad that you were able to locate the lost herd with such great success! WTG!!

I searched and hunted for them ... but the larger models just weren't there, not like they had been for the past two weeks. I only pulled out (1) one legal on the 4th.
I landed quite a few in the 13 - 13 1/2" range .... but no cigar!! And close only counts in throwing horse-shoes .... right?!?!

Thanx for the excellent fish'n report! Ya gotta luv good intel.  Cool

SP Dan     <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SP)

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

7July 4th weekend at the LAB Empty Re: July 4th weekend at the LAB Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:56 am

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks Jerdon and SP Dan!

8July 4th weekend at the LAB Empty Re: July 4th weekend at the LAB Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:48 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

SP Dan wrote:... And close only counts in throwing horse-shoes .... right?!?!

SP Dan     <"))><

...shotguns, hand grenades and of course Nuclear devices.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum