FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best flippers?

+5
Jerdon
jeffcpr
GT
bigfish
tccanoe
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best flippers? Empty Best flippers? Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:16 am

tccanoe

FTFF Gathering Officer

I've got like big feet. Size 13-14 and with wading socks, even bigger!.  I don't care for over the boot type flippers this time of year.  The flippers I have now are "One size don't fit you." Any opinions (HA) on something not too expensive?Suspect

2Best flippers? Empty Re: Best flippers? Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:24 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I don't know about 'best'. In my experience, it depends on the person and conditions to determine what are the best fins to use.

I agree with you in regards to the over-the-boot fins. I only use them when I need to wear wading boots.

I have some Trek snorkeling fins that I absolutely love. However, they only work well if I am on a body of water that I won't need to cover a lot of distance or deal with wind/currents. I buy them on Amazon for under $25.

If I will need to cover distance or deal with wind/current I use the Classic Accessories Thruster Fins. I get precise control with the ability to do some nice power kicking. I love the fit and the price. They are a one size fit. I know, you have an issue currently with that type of fit.

The Thrusters are a 'bootie' designed fin. I wear a size 10 boot. I always wear a neoprene sock. When I wear these the back strap is adjusted all the way in. These should easily adjust and accommodate your size requirement.

This is the Amazon link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know they are a popular fin with many FTFF members. Hopefully someone with a large size fit will chime in and tell you if they work and fit well for them.

Good luck with your search. Be sure and give us a report on your fin selection. I am looking forward to some fishing reports and pics.
Tight Lines!

3Best flippers? Empty Re: Best flippers? Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:34 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My first pair were Creek Company, heavy fin, wear with boot, back strap, not ajustable.
I decided to buy back pack straps for my Super Fat Cat, saw their fins, they look like Force fins. So I bought a pair.
2 adjustable straps on top of foot, 1 behind. Have used them twice and love them. No fatigue like I had with the Creek, easy off at the end of the day when my legs r tired. And less energy used in the kick.
Might be more than u want to pay, $99. But for me it's been a good deal. .......GT

4Best flippers? Empty Re: Best flippers? Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:01 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I use dive fins and have every since I have been tubing. If you get new fins, make sure you take your waders with you, it will help you find the right fins for you and your gear.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5Best flippers? Empty Re: Best flippers? Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:02 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Here is a link to a previous discussion on fins

How much were you wanting to spend? That will help in the decision making.

6Best flippers? Empty Re: Best flippers? Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:18 am

tccanoe

FTFF Gathering Officer

Wow, what a great response. Thanks for the advice. It makes me want to keep coming back to the FTFF. Thanks again.

7Best flippers? Empty Re: Best flippers? Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:29 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Everyday Bro...........

8Best flippers? Empty Re: Best flippers? Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:36 am

tccanoe

FTFF Gathering Officer

Just pulled the trigger on the Classic Accessories Thrusters. Time will tell.

9Best flippers? Empty Re: Best flippers? Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:48 pm

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

tccanoe wrote:Just pulled the trigger on the Classic Accessories Thrusters.  Time will tell.

I hope they work as well for you as they do me.

One of the best things I like about FTFF; there are many members willing to help you out.

Too bad we're so far apart as I would love to cast a line with you guys over there. I was stationed as a Navy Recruiter in Louisville for three years.

10Best flippers? Empty Re: Best flippers? Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Congratz on the new toy.
I hope you give a report on the performance

11Best flippers? Empty Re: Best flippers? Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:42 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I wear and recommend Force Fins and can kick against the wind and current without fatigue.
I always GPS my distances on the Run Keeper app and have regularly gone distances of 1.5+ miles per session, no problem at age 65.

The only negative point about the Force Fins is that they don't float, they sink. So I wear fin leashes .... problem solved. They normally cost $225.00 new but I purchased mine on eBay used for $81.00.

I normally wear a size 10 shoe. But with my Simm's sock foot waders and a size 13 pull over water shoe over the sock foot, I comfortably wear a size XL in the Force Fin.

Dr Harvey Barnett is an underwater photographer, researcher and waterman. He conducted research proving the physiological advantages of Force Fins.

His research was comprehensive, monitoring things like carbon dioxide uptake, lactic acid production, fatigue factors, in many different individuals, wearing many different flippers in controlled situations in a pool.

Force Fins proved to be so vastly superior to anything else that he personally tested, that he has worn them ever since.

You would probably wear an XXL FF if you wore a pull-on water shoe. Avoid zippered water shoes and get as thin of a water shoe as possible.

Good luck on making your fin decision, so many fins out there to choose from.

SP Dan     <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

12Best flippers? Empty Re: Best flippers? Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:59 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

tccanoe,

Did you check out the "Classified" near the bottom of the home page?
There are lots of items for sale by FTFF members, including fins.

Check it out, it could save you lots of $.

SP Dan <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

13Best flippers? Empty Re: Best flippers? Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:03 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This is what I use and I love them.  Lots of power in each stroke, and no foot cramps.  Bought them from Amazon.com for $19.99 a year ago, but the price has gone up. "U.S. Divers Proflex ll Diving Fins". They have an enclosed heel and a nice soft sole.   I use them in the spring and summer when the water is warm when I'm not wearing waders.  I just pull them onto my bare feet.  The problem is that the largest size they have is what I wear, a size 11.5 to 13.  I wear a size 13 shoe and the fins fit perfect for me.

14Best flippers? Empty Re: Best flippers? Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:43 am

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The Classic Accessories Thruster Fins I have a pair and I use them only for emergancy fins or if someone needs a spare , just be aware that it is a good ideal to carry around a set of the heel straps as they are prone to breaking and crack over half a season .. like $9 for the replacement strap .. not terrible fins but i cannot count how many straps busted on me and i have a small foot size 8-9 .

Force fins are good but slow moving in the water and if you dont have them adjusted 100% correct in wind or current you will kick that fin off for sure , trust me i know i took a trip across the lake one day in 20mph winds and was rescued by a nice boater lol

15Best flippers? Empty Re: Best flippers? Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:59 pm

desertstorm28

desertstorm28
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I use Tusa Liberator Xten Open Heel Scuba Diving Fins which I got back in 2012 I think for the first fins when I got into float tubing and still use them to this day. They are cheap (around $30 on Amzon) and work amazing in my opinion. I have used them to kick to every corner (literally) of Lake Perris and Alamitos bay as well as the other local harbors. Highly recommend if you are trying to not break the bank. Are they the best fins you can get? Most likely not but I'm cheap and would buy another pair if I needed to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum