FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Today at 11:54 am

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by jeffcpr Today at 11:51 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Found an old lure

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Found an old lure Empty Found an old lure Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:00 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I found this old wooden topwater bait in a box of old fishing tackle in the garage.  It's exactly the same bait that I saw a guy using at my local nearby park lake, and he uses it all the time and has caught several over 6 lb bass on it.  The hooks pretty much suck,  I'll have to change them, but the propellers are very nice.  I was thinking of seeing what I could get for it on ebay, but I just gotta fish with it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Found an old lure Empty Re: Found an old lure Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:55 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I have never sold a bait. I don't think my curiosity would ever let me.
I bought plenty, and if I pull out an old treasure like that I would use it.Let it work itself out of the rotation.
Maybe give us a report on this some time later.

3Found an old lure Empty Re: Found an old lure Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:12 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I wouldn't part with it...go fish it lol
The old school lures are tried and true.
It would probably slay if they haven't been used for awhile that long

4Found an old lure Empty Re: Found an old lure Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:10 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jerdon-  When I was a teenager I lived close to Laguna Lake in Fullerton, and after about a one mile hike from my backyard on the old railroad tracks heading north toward La Habra, I'd get to the lake and fish pretty much all day during the summer and on weekends.  Seemed like I lived there because I was there so much.  There was a handful of regular young fishermen that would fish there also.  The fun thing aside from the fishing was to trade lures.  Whenever you met up to another guy fishing as you walked along the shore, you would ask how fishing was and then ask if he wanted to trade lures.  "I'll give you this yellow belly frog Jitterbug for that black Shannon Twin Spin?"  It was fun ending up with new different lures and made the fishing outing much more interesting, especially when the bass fishing was slow, which was almost all the time.

5Found an old lure Empty Re: Found an old lure Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:36 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Komori, I caught my first LMB at Bastanchury Lake, using a Shannon Twin Spin , black and yellow bait. I would ride my bike from North Euclid to the lake. Fun times...........GT

6Found an old lure Empty Re: Found an old lure Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

GT- I'll bet that I met you there at "The Lake" as we called it back then. The hot lures for that place back in the late 1950s and early 60s were the Shannon Twin Spins (two models), L & S Mirrolure (the smallest one), a white Toni spinner with a silver blade, purple or black Creme Scoundrel 3 inch plastic worms, and the Arbogast Fly Rod Hula Popper (single hook model) in frog-yellow belly or black. Many times we would climb up in a tree that hung up over the water to spot the bass and tell our buddy where to cast his tiny plastic worm. We also spent many summer nights there fishing for the large Channel Catfish with balls of Velvetta cheese or chicken livers cast right next to the lilly pads that were all over the place. We got some good ones! Bastenchury Lake is were my dad taught me how to fish around 1956 or so. Good memories at that place!

7Found an old lure Empty Re: Found an old lure Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:15 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

To be honest with ya Komori, I didn't start going their until 64 or 5. We moved to La Habra in 62. When I lived in Pico, I would fish legg Lake or sneak into Streamland Park and fish their trout pond. Very Happy My dad fished the San Gabriel River bad in the day, no dams. He told me trout would come down the river in the area of Rosemead, La Puente............GT

8Found an old lure Empty Re: Found an old lure Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:12 pm

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nice found , I have sold a lot on ebay from rods to lures and i can say some can fetch a pretty penny . for example 2 yrs ago I was in a local tackle store and picked up 2 swimbaits @ $129 each , I sold them both a yr later.. 1 for $300 and the other for $260 because they stopped making that particular color and where highly sought after baits Smile

in fact i sold almost all of my swimbait stuff , only have a few pieces left Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum