FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

+8
volcomsurfrider
singletrack
SP Dan
Jerdon
Litefoot
GT
jeffcpr
Soggy Bottom
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1New member Empty New member Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:32 am

Soggy Bottom

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hello.

I'm a brand new member to this forum and I gotta say it's great to be here. This is a sport that I'm really looking to become a part of. I look forward to meeting a lot of you and posting pictures and showing progress reports and learning from you all. I am just starting out meaning putting all my gear together. I am open to suggestions. For starters. What do you think is a great starter tube?

2New member Empty Re: New member Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:51 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Anything from Classic Accessories and there best is the Cumberland, I will send you a PM with so more info soon. Welcome to the forum glad you found us.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3New member Empty Re: New member Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:54 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard Soggy Bottom.........my first and a forum favorite is the Cumberland by Classic Accessories. Click on Cover Bonanza for a great deal...........GT

4New member Empty Re: New member Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:20 am

Soggy Bottom

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks GT! They look like the toob that will hold up for many years. Appreciate the tip. What about flipper fins?

5New member Empty Re: New member Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:48 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Look at equipment related topics...u will find a thread on fins. Personally I use Outcast fins, step into tighten traps. Easy on the legs, $100.....GT

6New member Empty Re: New member Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:07 pm

Litefoot

Litefoot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome:idea: cheers rendeer always nice to get new Talent you will have a great time

7New member Empty Re: New member Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:34 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum Soggy Bottom (great name )!!!
I have a Cumberland as well. I use Omega Flip Fins and Force Fins. If you do a few searches Force Fins are the preferred tool, just very pricey. I say get what you can afford or use what you got and jump in the water.

8New member Empty Re: New member Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:43 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Welcome aboard Soggy Bottom ... I hope that you enjoy your stay,
You should sign up for the International Float Tube Fishing Tournament ... today, it starts Jan 1 and it goes thru March ... lots of time and lots of fun!! Only $20.

I own (2) Cumberland Classic Accessories float tubes and (1) Fish Cat Deluxe 4 float tube,
You can't go wrong with either FT.

The CCA PROS in my opinion: offers larger storage pockets and an attached storage on the back of the seat, the seat and the seat back are both constructed with a pliable foam and so you only need to inflate the two air bladders. The seat is also very comfortable and you sit up out of the water.
The CCA CONS in my opinion: the bow of the FT tube is constructed from a mesh material which will cause minimal drag in the water and will also collect a lot more floating debris in it's netting (acting like a skimmer).
Also the bladder end caps are constructed out of nylon cloth so when you clean your tube you will not want to stand your tube up on end which will cause the fabric to begin to fail or cause the stitching to come apart.

The FCD-4 PROS
in my opinion: slightly better construction, air bladder end caps are concentrically designed and are constructed with a durable vinyl product and the bow section is also constructed with the same durable vinyl product making it less prone to gathering floating debris and slightly more water dynamic (like the hard bow of a ship), the seat is very comfortable and you sit up out of the water.

The FCD-4 CONS in my opinion: slightly smaller storage pockets and no back of seat storage,
also you'll need to inflate the seat, the seat back and the (2) two air bladders.
With so many air bags ... sooner or later you will have a leak.

Fins: I prefer Force Fins. They channel the water perfectly and are proven to cause less muscle fatigue and leg cramping than the other (cheaper) fins in the market. Remember ... when you are out there ... that this is not a race. You will move slowly and stealthily. In SW, there are tide currents and gusting winds to consider.

PFD: A must and a requirement to have on board with you at all times. The USCG does not consider our float tubes to be flotation devices.

Pm me ... and I'll make you a deal on a CCA FT, a set of breathable waders and a two-way air pump ...
such a deal that you can't refuse.  Very Happy  lol
Contingency ... that you pick up the items in San Pedro, Ca.

Last edited by SP Dan on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:42 am; edited 5 times in total

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

9New member Empty Re: New member Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:14 pm

singletrack

singletrack
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard. I also would recommend the cumberland and fish cat. I have 2 cumberland and 1 fish cat that I have had for many years. I could offer you a good deal on a cumberland that needs 1 new blader. For fins I found a pair for $20 at big 5 that I like. I ussually look for cheap snokle fins to float tube in. They are longer then fins that where designed for float tubes. I have been float tube fishing for 6-7 years and would be happy to offer any guidance on the subject. Where will you be fishing? I go out almost every weekend in the Long Beach area.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPxZQaZknKgs79MOETz5frQ

10New member Empty Re: New member Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:38 am

Soggy Bottom

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hi SP Dan. Thanks for the welcome! I did a little research and think the CCA is the toob I am looking for. Thanks for the helpful analytics. I read up on both of them and you were spot on. I will be contacting you "pm" shortly about the offer details. I may have to roll out to San Pedro soon Thanks again.

11New member Empty Re: New member Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:42 am

Soggy Bottom

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thank you Litefoot

12New member Empty Re: New member Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:44 am

Soggy Bottom

FTFF Gathering Officer

Jerdon: Thanks for the welcome. Great info on the fins...I am looking on line now. So many options.

13New member Empty Re: New member Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:50 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Hey Soggy Bottom,

Just give me a-couple-of-days heads-up and I'll take you out to a couple of my local spots in order to give you a good feel of the tube. I have extra fins, rods and a PFD you can also use. Plus the tube you will be using will have a rod rack ... but not apart of this package. The rod racks cost me about $60 dollars in ABS parts at Home Depot.

SP Dan <"))><

14New member Empty Re: New member Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:08 am

Soggy Bottom

FTFF Gathering Officer

SP Dan: "PFD: A must and a requirement to have on board with you at all times. The USCG does not consider our float tubes to be flotation devices." What does PFD stand for and will I need this for lak fishing here in Arizona?

I will reach out when I am able to lock down a time to head that way. Will be soon. Thanks for offering to test them out. I wear XL in waders. Looked at some yesterday, did not purchase as of yet. I will try to hold off...lol

15New member Empty Re: New member Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:05 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

PFD: Personal Flotation Device, life jacket.

I'm not 100% certain about the regulations in AZ but you should be able to inquire locally about it.

It is required here in Ca.

Last edited by SP Dan on Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total

16New member Empty Re: New member Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:06 am

volcomsurfrider

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Soggy Bottom wrote:SP Dan: "PFD: A must and a requirement to have on board with you at all times. The USCG does not consider our float tubes to be flotation devices." What does PFD stand for and will I need this for lak fishing here in Arizona?

I will reach out when I am able to lock down a time to head that way. Will be soon. Thanks for offering to test them out. I wear XL in waders. Looked at some yesterday, did not purchase as of yet. I will try to hold off...lol

Welcome to the forum Soggy Bottom! PFD stands for Personal Flotation Device aka Life Jacket. You should always have a PFD anytime you are out on your tube or any boat. I'm sure it is a requirement on any floating platform in any water way if you are aboard. Plus it's for your own safety! If you don't like the bulky life vests, you can pick up a nice inflatable from Basspro for pretty inexpensive prices right now. Welcome and have fun!

17New member Empty Re: New member Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:02 am

HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Welcome. Let me know when you get set up and we'll go check out one of our desert lakes.

18New member Empty Re: New member Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:17 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard! Lots of good advice from everyone above!

19New member Empty Re: New member Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:41 am

HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Soggy Bottom wrote:SP Dan: "PFD: A must and a requirement to have on board with you at all times. The USCG does not consider our float tubes to be flotation devices." What does PFD stand for and will I need this for lak fishing here in Arizona?

No. In AZ you are not required to have a pfd (personal floatation device) on you. I've popped my tube and unless you get a huge gaping hole, they deflate pretty slow.

20New member Empty Re: New member Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:36 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Welcome to the club, Soggy Bottom! Tubing is pure fun and this forum is a good way to stay connected to the sport. I'm new myself and figuring it all out is part of the fun!

21New member Empty Re: New member Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:12 am

Soggy Bottom

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks for the welcome volcomsurfrider. I went by BPS. That place rocks! Spent 4 hours there. I saw the inflatable FD you mentioned. Thanks for the info.

22New member Empty Re: New member Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:13 am

Soggy Bottom

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thank you david886720.

23New member Empty Re: New member Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:15 am

Soggy Bottom

FTFF Gathering Officer

Nice to meet you bobber. Thanks for the welcome.

24New member Empty Re: New member Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:18 am

Soggy Bottom

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks HugeEuge57. I will most definitely reach out to you. I am heading out this next week to get gear. We will have to go fish soon!

25New member Empty Re: New member Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:23 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Welcome to "FTFF" ... Poboy Floater.

I also hope to enjoy many (on the edge of my seat) fish reports ... from your edge of the woods pond in Texas.

I worn Force Fins since I've started floating, I bought them on eBay for $81, (new is around $230.00).
They work fine for me without any issues.

SP Dan     <"))><

See ya on the forum! Thumbs Up Tight lines!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum