FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Today at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 3:36 pm

» Motor project finished!
by GT Today at 3:03 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking to buy waders

+2
Ornery Bob
david886720
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Looking to buy waders  Empty Looking to buy waders Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Looking for new waders im about 6'0 230 lbs not sure exactly what size that is with different brands anyone on here have any for sale?

Last edited by frankd619 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:39 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I just purchased some from LL bean. Not sure how they'll work out. Haven't tried them yet but they weren't too expensive and I heard they have great customer service and warranty

3Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Here's the sizing chart I used to buy mine. The brand is Caddis, but I bought them on Amazon. Very happy with them so far. Their sizing chart goes by your actual inseam and max girth.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm pretty sure that all manufacturers have size charts on their sites, but I always try to find product reviews on Amazon because people will often comment about sizing issues.

I also automatically bought a wader repair kit as I figured I will eventually need it no matter how good the waders are. So far I've punched a hole in one neoprene bootie but it was easily repaired with neoprene cement.

4Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:15 pm

Sorry meant to say i was looking to buy

5Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:53 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Hey frankd619,

If nothing shows up here I can really recommend finding a pair with the front zipper to make your float tubing more enjoyable. I don't have a pair myself, but everyone who does have the zipper places them as a must have.

I hope this helps

6Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:41 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If I ever buy waders again, I would like to get the ones that have the waterproof zipper down the front. When nature calls, it would be so much easier with a zipper. I don't like wearing waders, that's why I enjoy the Spring/Summertime fishing, when the water starts to warm up. Just wear shorts or a bathing suit and slip-on fins!

7Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:17 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Yeah, I'd rather be in board shorts, last summer was awesome, but the waders keep me going in the cold.

A friend of mine asked me what I do when nature calls and I'm out on the water, (More of an issue for us old guys) and my answer was "depends." Very Happy

FWIW, I use disposable "bladder control" pads. I can reach down inside my waders and put it in place, do what has to be done and then pull it out and put it in a zip lock bag and toss it in the trash when I get home. Not exactly elegant, but the best solution I've found so far. Those four and five hour sessions are longer than I can go... without having to go. Heh.

8Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:30 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

I say ... that if you have the money .... you can't go wrong with Simm's.
Simm's also comes with a life time warranty and it would be the last set you'd have to buy.

I've owned many other well named brands of waders that were less expensive and that didn't quite hold up to the task, they were less comfortable and not constructed to last.
I always kept many tubes of Aqua-Seal on hand.

I have the Simm's G-4 waders in sock foot and in boot-foot along with the G-4 jacket.
They also come in the zippered model mentioned by others.

I luv my Simm's!
What a world of difference in comfort and in quality.

Good Luck!  Thumbs Up

Just my 2 cents!

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

9Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:48 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Heck ... I have a set of waders (not Simm's) I'd be willing to let-go kinda cheap.
I've already gone ahead and coated the inside of wader seams and top of the sock-foot seams with Aqua-Sealed and waterproofing seam tape.

Less expensive waders comes with much higher risks!
No shipping. As is. Must pick up in San Pedro, Ca.

SP Dan <"))><

10Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:03 am

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Go by boot.foot size when you look up waders. Last thing you want is super cramped feet while kicking around. Personally, I feel dan hit it on the head: you get what you pay for. LLBean has THE best return/warranty policy for their price point. Years down the line when your seam goes, they'll replace it with new ones....however, ive been hearing murmurs of them updating that policy. I've always been a hodge man guy, they always made good waders and I could never justify (to the better half) dropping a wad for a pair of Simms. Frogtoggs have a decent selection too.

Make sure you get a set that fits your fishing needs. If you plan on doing some wade fishing, I'd want to get some tougher ones with better reinforcement so you don't get them ripped up as quickly. let us know which ones you get and give us a review!

11Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:10 pm

What kind and size dan ?

12Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Thanks for the tips guys

13Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:04 pm

Ornery Bob wrote:Yeah, I'd rather be in board shorts, last summer was awesome, but the waders keep me going in the cold.

A friend of mine asked me what I do when nature calls and _I'm out on the water, (More of an issue for us old guys) and my answer was "depends."   Very Happy

FWIW, I use disposable "bladder control" pads. I can reach down inside my waders and put it in place, do what has to be done and then pull it out and put it in a zip lock bag and toss it in the trash when I get home. Not exactly elegant, but the best solution I've found so far. Those four and five hour sessions are longer than I can go... without having to go. Heh.

Thanks for the advice Bob!

Ya know, 3 old men were sitting around reminiscing. The 60 year old said: " You know, ....what I really miss is taking a good leak in the morning.

The 70 yr. old said: what I really miss is taking a good dump in the mornings.

The 80 yr. old said:" Every morning around 6:30 am, I have good heathy piss....along about 7 ish a good healthy dump."

"What I miss....is waking up before 8:30!"

14Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:24 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

I'm at work now Frank ... but when I get home I'll post up the brand's name and it's size.
I'm 5'-10" with a size 10 shoe size. I believe that they're Caddis breathable waders ... I'll dbl check tonight!

thanx PBF ... I'm not a giant but an ant! Ha ha ha!!

SP Dan     <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

15Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:04 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Yup! ... They're Caddis waders.

SP Dan <"))><

16Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:55 am

SP Dan wrote:I'm at work now Frank ... but when I get home I'll post up the brand's name and it's size.
I'm 6'-10" with a size 10 shoe size. I believe that they're Caddis breathable waders ... I'll dbl check tonight!

SP Dan     <"))><

Ummm...wait! 6' 10" with a size 10 shoe? Jeeze, I'm only 6' and I have a 12....( and get a 13 for "extra protection" Razz )

How can you walk?

17Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:17 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I messed up and fixed it.
Thanx for catching it for me .... whoops!

SP Dan <"))><

18Looking to buy waders  Empty Re: Looking to buy waders Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:33 pm

It was that subconscious part of your brain wishing you were 6'! Smile

Don't get me started on the 10!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum