FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

are waders necessary?

+10
aj7798
jeffcpr
Tubinferbass
.:LOLLY:.
waxon67
Hammer 4
n2deepfsw
ed5000x
Lok Dog
wirelessbass
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1are waders necessary?  Empty are waders necessary? Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:31 pm

wirelessbass

wirelessbass
FTFF Gathering Officer

Since i am young and don't have much money, i don't have any waders. I have been settling with the legs for a 2 piece wet suit. I have some money and will be saving up more. Should i buy some waders and are they necessary?

2are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes, waders are necessary,..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

3are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:39 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well in the summer time you mivht be able to get away with out waders but still it helps with the cold the dirt water not on you some of these bays are not the cleanest so i would definitely get waders

4are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:45 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes, get some breathable waders.

5are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The year before last when the water was warmer, we never wore waders in the bays, or even the open ocean. With the water temps the way they are now, I wear waders until it warms up. In fresh water, most of the lakes you can tube in require waders, so yeah, if you got the $$$, might as well pick some up. BTW, if you get stocking feet waders, make sure your fins if not adjustable fit over the feet. Wink

6are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:15 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Their part of the gear my friend. Breathables are best way to go usually. You can find some deals on a starter pair just have to keep your eyes peeled.

7are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:46 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I know people that go with them and I also know people that go without them. Personally, I never go without them.

You never know what's in the water (especially in the harbors) and that wouldn't go well with any open cuts...

8are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:56 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fresh water not really a big deal all up to you if you wanna ware em. Ill jus wear shorts in fresh. As the salt goes I would wear em all the time. I use neoprine ones an they work pretty dam good I picked em up from sport chalet for 50 bucks. Cheap an easy but like hammer said make sure your fins fit over your wadders nothin like cramped toes to ruin your day.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

9are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:03 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:I know people that go with them and I also know people that go without them. Personally, I never go without them.

You never know what's in the water (especially in the harbors) and that wouldn't go well with any open cuts...

Keeps you safe from the peanut butter ... and jelly fish. Shocked

10are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
.:LOLLY:. wrote:I know people that go with them and I also know people that go without them. Personally, I never go without them.

Keeps you safe from the peanut butter ... and jelly fish. Shocked

and parasites from going up my... Twisted Evil

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

11are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:31 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

you should go to cabrillo with no waders lol

12are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:38 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:you should go to cabrillo with no waders lol

I want to 52925 Cabrillo!

13are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:

I knew I should've paid attention in match class when they said I would need it in the future... pale

14are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:05 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

I knew I should've paid attention in match class when they said I would need it in the future... pale

It's code...only those on the dark side know its meaning...I could tell what it means...but then...muahahahah...I would have to borrow all your gear!

15are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:13 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

It's code...only those on the dark side know its meaning...I could tell what it means...but then...muahahahah...I would have to borrow all your gear and take it to Sav-On Tackle to get serviced!

That's very nice of you to want to service my gear afro

16are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:25 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

It's code...only those on the dark side know its meaning...I could tell what it means...but then...muahahahah...I would have to borrow all your gear and take it to Sav-On Tackle to get serviced!

That's very nice of you to want to service my gear afro

Ha ha ha very good one there! Sure, you hand over the gear...I'll see what I can do for ya.... Twisted Evil

17are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:31 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sounds like a deal lol!

18are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:40 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Sorry I guess I am not on the dark side either, but I am heading over to Sav-On-Takle in the next 5-10 minutes. Very Happy

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

19are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:43 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:Sorry I guess I am not on the dark side either, but I am heading over to Sav-On-Takle in the next 5-10 minutes. Very Happy

Hit me up I'll meet you there!

20are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:44 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:sounds like a deal lol!

...for some one...muahahahahahahahahaha Twisted Evil

21are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:53 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:Sorry I guess I am not on the dark side either, but I am heading over to Sav-On-Takle in the next 5-10 minutes. Very Happy

I was there yesterday, Roger is very helpful there he knows his stuff!

22are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:04 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jeff let me know when you go back to sav-on or text me.

23are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:09 pm

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

get some if you don't want to freeze your but off!

24are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Cartman

Cartman
FTFF Gathering Officer

I just bought a float tube on line that hasn't arrived yet. I only plan to use it in fresh water, and I am confused about the waders question. I have only gone tubing once. That was last summer at Perris. It was plenty warm for shorts, and as far as I know we were not required to wear waders.

I have heard more than once that most lakes require waders, but can anyone tell me what lakes do require them? I'm pretty sure Puddingstone and Perris don't.

25are waders necessary?  Empty Re: are waders necessary? Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

San Fernando dam and Castaic Lagoon requires waders, not sure about Irvine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum