FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Today at 10:56 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Today at 8:27 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

are waders necessary?

+10
aj7798
jeffcpr
Tubinferbass
.:LOLLY:.
waxon67
Hammer 4
n2deepfsw
ed5000x
Lok Dog
wirelessbass
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26are waders necessary?  - Page 2 Empty Re: are waders necessary? Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:12 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am not sure either, I think we would have to contact most of the lakes to get good lintel on this. I normally wear waders but that is just because I plan to spend alot of time in the water and reather not be in the water that long. But there are plenty that swear in going with out there and there have been plenty of days I wanted to leave mine in the truck.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

27are waders necessary?  - Page 2 Empty Re: are waders necessary? Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:49 pm

wirelessbass

wirelessbass
FTFF Gathering Officer

irvine requires waders, santa ana river lakes don't, not sure on corona but i don't think they are required.

28are waders necessary?  - Page 2 Empty Re: are waders necessary? Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:02 pm

Cartman

Cartman
FTFF Gathering Officer

Hammer 4 wrote:San Fernando dam and Castaic Lagoon requires waders, not sure about Irvine.

Do you mean Hansen Dam?

29are waders necessary?  - Page 2 Empty Re: are waders necessary? Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:11 pm

Cartman

Cartman
FTFF Gathering Officer

So, here's a question I have always wondered about. If you're wearing waders and you have to pee, what do you do? Do you paddle back to shore or just collect the pee in your waders and pour it out later? It must sound like a dumb question, but I don't know, and for me, when I have to pee, I really have to pee. bounce This plays a big part in any decision to use waders. I may only be able to use a float tube in the warmest months of the year.

30are waders necessary?  - Page 2 Empty Re: are waders necessary? Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:14 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Depends, if ya gotta go, ya gotta go..where we fish mainly, they have bathrooms. If there are none, either hold, or warm up the waders. That's the nice thing about warm water, you can wear board shorts, and not have to worry about it.. Very Happy

31are waders necessary?  - Page 2 Empty Re: are waders necessary? Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:27 pm

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Welcome Cartman

Waders... It's good to have a pair for the cold months.

In the summer months, you could go without, if you can handle the water temps. Summer almost here so that should give you a few months to save up for a pair.

I used to wear waders all the time, but now if the water is warm enough, i'll leave them behind.

The waders I have are neoprene, which keep me warm in freezing cold waters.

Hammer 4 wrote:The year before last when the water was warmer, we never wore waders in the bays, or even the open ocean. With the water temps the way they are now, I wear waders until it warms up. In fresh water, most of the lakes you can tube in require waders, so yeah, if you got the $$$, might as well pick some up. BTW, if you get stocking feet waders, make sure your fins if not adjustable fit over the feet. Wink

What lakes in CA require waders?

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

32are waders necessary?  - Page 2 Empty Re: are waders necessary? Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

flyfishingfool wrote:Welcome Cartman

Waders... It's good to have a pair for the cold months.

In the summer months, you could go without, if you can handle the water temps. Summer almost here so that should give you a few months to save up for a pair.

I used to wear waders all the time, but now if the water is warm enough, i'll leave them behind.

The waders I have are neoprene, which keep me warm in freezing cold waters.

Hammer 4 wrote:The year before last when the water was warmer, we never wore waders in the bays, or even the open ocean. With the water temps the way they are now, I wear waders until it warms up. In fresh water, most of the lakes you can tube in require waders, so yeah, if you got the $$$, might as well pick some up. BTW, if you get stocking feet waders, make sure your fins if not adjustable fit over the feet. Wink

What lakes in CA require waders?

I take you didn't read the whole thread..look on page 2

33are waders necessary?  - Page 2 Empty Re: are waders necessary? Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:40 pm

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Did not know that.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

34are waders necessary?  - Page 2 Empty Re: are waders necessary? Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

flyfishingfool wrote:Did not know that.

But now you do.. Very Happy

35are waders necessary?  - Page 2 Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu May 17, 2012 4:55 am

Maj Bob

Maj Bob
FTFF Gathering Officer

Last July we were tubing on the Shendoah River in West Virginia. Water level was fairly low. I had a small mouth bass on the line, when the current forced me to slam into a large rock that was hidden from view; it caused a minor break in the skin just below my knee. A week later, as we were visiting relatives in Dayton, Ohio, I was hospitalized for 10 days because of a severe case of cellulitius. The docs said that the bugs in the water enter the skin through any breaks in your skin, and often cause the infections. The reason for the hospitalization was simply to administer the IV anti-biotic drip every 6 hours. Needless to say, waders would have most likely prevented this.

Last week, I was tubing in Trap Pond in Delaware; I started to go without the waders until I remembered last summer's fun and games in Dayton, Ohio. So after 2 seconds of deep, heavy thought, I put the waders on!

Check out the prices at Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop. Earlier in March,my son and I were fishing the Rappahannock River in Fredericksburg, VA, but he forgot to bring his water leg - he cannot get his walking leg wet - so we went to Bass Pro and picked up a pair of breathable waders for under $70; used I'd expect to pay $40 or less.

Good luck, & remember to kiip the FLAT side down . . .

Cheers,
Bob Hendry

36are waders necessary?  - Page 2 Empty Re: are waders necessary? Thu May 17, 2012 8:55 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I haven't fished irvine in my tube yet, but since they "require" waders do you think I would put some long neoprene booties on and fish that way? The only thing that touches the water is my feet and even then it's only from my calf down so waders seem like it would be a bit overkill especially in the hot summer days.

37are waders necessary?  - Page 2 Empty Re: are waders necessary? Sun May 20, 2012 7:23 am

wirelessbass

wirelessbass
FTFF Gathering Officer

LGHT wrote:I haven't fished irvine in my tube yet, but since they "require" waders do you think I would put some long neoprene booties on and fish that way? The only thing that touches the water is my feet and even then it's only from my calf down so waders seem like it would be a bit overkill especially in the hot summer days.

it is not allowed put if you don't launch from the main boat ramp i doubt anyone will catch you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum