FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Today at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Today at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

CALIFORNIA - 12-month from-date-purchase fishing license

+3
HugeEuge57
Jerdon
jeffcpr
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Did everyone see this, I think I am excited, still need to read through it as I found this this morning while getting ready for work. what about everyone else what are your thoughts. Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I have been watching the push on this and sending letters via email. It is not law yet, but I think it is a great idea. The majority of people who fish only do so occasionally and it does not make sense for them to buy a licences in September that will expire in January. Even in July paying 47 bucks for a fishing license that is good for 5 months could be a deal breaker. By buying a license that is good for 12 months will bring in more revenue and give us more fishing buddies.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I agree this is a good thing for increased purchases of License's. I a few time thought twice about buying a license when I could not buy until April or May. If it is a full year from the time you buy it more people will buy it at least in my opinion.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

They pushed this thru in Arizona a few years ago...it's a great idea. We have parking permits for Tonto National forest out here where most of our lakes are too that they made some good changes to the annual pass to. It's now more affordable to fish more frequently....not that it stopped me before.

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

I agree that it will make buying a license a better deal for most people and is a good thing for California fishing. Let's get 'er done!

SP Dan

SP Dan

I realize that Senate Bill 187, written by Sen. Tom Berryhill is still in the works and I like the thought.

I've had conversations on this very topic in the past and I agree that the possibility of more seasonal anglers purchasing a license is eminent as long as the license will remain valid for one year from the date of purchase.
I also truly believe that this is a win-win for the; present and future, management of our fisheries ....
along with the practice of "catch and release" (CPR).

And who know ... maybe this will excite or attract a few more anglers to join us here as FTFF members as well! I'd luv to see that! Thumbs Up

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

you know so many people I have talked to this spring only bought there fishing license to fish the bass spawn and then store there boats until next year and I asked why and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] reason I was giving was the drought and low water conditions  and it had made conditions for a lot of angler's too challenging .. so most people then take there $$ to salt water charters and to the pay to fish lakes where most do not require a state license and have frequent stocks.

Will going to a 12 month license help ? maybe , but if you really look at the numbers they posted on $$ loss it happened right when lakes started dropping Water all over California , but you look at the hype of catching a 20# bass in the 80's - early 90's was real especially at Castaic Lake was when they earned the most $$ ...  

The fact is people will pay and have no problem paying , Fishing really is a hype game and if you dont believe it look at how many people will go out and buy that same $200 lure just because it produces

Wes

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

this is what they have in washington, it is nice. california would benefit from it but at the same time they make money no matter what from everyone lol.

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Pavo21, good to here from you again.

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks Jerdon, I never really left, always followed the forum and loved the emails from jeff, but living in Washington kind of killed fishing for most the year. Especially when the lakes are frozen haha.

But when they make the fishing license this way, it is good for fisherman, bad for the extra money for the state. when people buy a license august, then they have to buy it again in January it is just easy money for cali. hopefully they go through with this making it last 1 year to the date. because fisherman will love it!!! More people may purchase fishing licenses knowing it will last a true year.

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum