FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

do you need a fishing license to tube?

+6
kg562
sLiM562
wiseguy
aj7798
Fisher
jesusbm562
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1do you need a fishing license to tube? Empty do you need a fishing license to tube? Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:33 pm

jesusbm562

jesusbm562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have my license but the gf doesnt, does she need one?

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

if shes fishing then yes

x2 on what fisher said. she can tube but she can not have any fishing tackle with her as the F&G can say she was fishing.

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yes she needs a license to fish

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yup she needs one unless she's under 16. Lol

sLiM562

sLiM562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

yup she needs a license, better investment if you just get her the yearly license compared to a day r 3 day license, well it depends on much shes going to be fishing with you

https://www.facebook.com/addison.danh

7do you need a fishing license to tube? Empty Re: do you need a fishing license to tube? Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:25 pm

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fisher wrote:if shes fishing then yes

x2 on that!, If shes just out there hanging out you then i don't think so just make sure she has no tackle or a fishing pole or anything involving fishing.

8do you need a fishing license to tube? Empty Re: do you need a fishing license to tube? Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:29 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

X2

9do you need a fishing license to tube? Empty Re: do you need a fishing license to tube? Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:13 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

yes, AND...

if you are doing the salt, I think you need an ocean enhancement stamp, which is only a few bucks.

.. the controversy.. do you need a 2nd rod stamp?
it's pretty unclear the way DFG wrote it. I think they say something like "inland waters".. and it's unclear if harbors or bays count? For sure, freshwater lakes, you need the stamp if you're going to be working multiple rods.

Anyone have any insight here?

10do you need a fishing license to tube? Empty Re: do you need a fishing license to tube? Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:26 am

Doc, for the salt you do not need a 2nd rod stamp. Thats only for fresh

11do you need a fishing license to tube? Empty Re: do you need a fishing license to tube? Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:28 am

franklyn562

franklyn562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

x2 yup she needs a fishing license if shes gonna fish but if not she doesnt but she cant hold anything that is used for fishing

https://www.facebook.com/franklynle

12do you need a fishing license to tube? Empty Re: do you need a fishing license to tube? Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:46 am

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:Doc, for the salt you do not need a 2nd rod stamp. Thats only for fresh

I always thought that 2nd rod stamp always went for both salt and fresh. I bought the 2nd rod stamp just cause i do use 2 sometimes but i only fish salt, I don't even fish fresh water lol!

13do you need a fishing license to tube? Empty Re: do you need a fishing license to tube? Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:07 am

kg562 wrote:
miller wrote:Doc, for the salt you do not need a 2nd rod stamp. Thats only for fresh

I always thought that 2nd rod stamp always went for both salt and fresh. I bought the 2nd rod stamp just cause i do use 2 sometimes but i only fish salt, I don't even fish fresh water lol!

No it's not needed. I have had a total of 5 rods in the water at one time on a boat when F&G rolled on us and it was only my buddy and I . Same thing inside of the bay when I used to fish for bat rays.

14do you need a fishing license to tube? Empty Re: do you need a fishing license to tube? Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:17 am

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:
kg562 wrote:

No it's not needed. I have had a total of 5 rods in the water at one time on a boat when F&G rolled on us and it was only my buddy and I . Same thing inside of the bay when I used to fish for bat rays.

oh i see, dang. i basically waisted like 15 dollars for no reason then, well i guess if i go fresh water fishing then i have an advantage with 2 rods lol!

15do you need a fishing license to tube? Empty Re: do you need a fishing license to tube? Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:41 am

kg562 wrote:
miller wrote:
kg562 wrote:

oh i see, dang. i basically waisted like 15 dollars for no reason then, well i guess if i go fresh water fishing then i have an advantage with 2
rods lol!

True true, the only place that stamp dosent matter is your paid to fish lakes. Irvine, SSRL, Anaheim, corona lake as those are private lakes and no fishing lic is required.

16do you need a fishing license to tube? Empty Re: do you need a fishing license to tube? Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:57 am

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:
kg562 wrote:
miller wrote:
kg562 wrote:

oh i see, dang. i basically waisted like 15 dollars for no reason then, well i guess if i go fresh water fishing then i have an advantage with 2
rods lol!

True true, the only place that stamp dosent matter is your paid to fish lakes. Irvine, SSRL, Anaheim, corona lake as those are private lakes and no fishing lic is required.

oh i see! learning something new everyday on this forum! lol! i didn't even know that! i thought you always needed a fishing licenses when fishing freshwater!

17do you need a fishing license to tube? Empty Re: do you need a fishing license to tube? Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:13 pm

jesusbm562

jesusbm562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

just went to get hers at big5
now ijust wait for the tubes Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

18do you need a fishing license to tube? Empty Re: do you need a fishing license to tube? Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

yeah.. I'm pretty sure Miller is right.. but there is a HUGE thread on either BD or SCSF about this topic, and the 2nd Rod Stamp for either:

(1) Fresh vs Salt
(2) "inland waters" wording of the DFG regs, vs ocean, vs lakes, vs harbors/bays, etc
(3) What about brackish waters?

etc...

I just got the stamp, cuz I don't want the hassles.
Clearly.. I need the Ocean Enhancement stamps, since i'm pretty much a salty guy. salute

19do you need a fishing license to tube? Empty Re: do you need a fishing license to tube? Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:38 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Docrunner wrote:yeah.. I'm pretty sure Miller is right.. but there is a HUGE thread on either BD or SCSF about this topic, and the 2nd Rod Stamp for either:

(1) Fresh vs Salt
(2) "inland waters" wording of the DFG regs, vs ocean, vs lakes, vs harbors/bays, etc
(3) What about brackish waters?

etc...

I just got the stamp, cuz I don't want the hassles.
Clearly.. I need the Ocean Enhancement stamps, since i'm pretty much a salty guy. salute

last year the DFG checked for our lic at the LAB..and yes, you need a salt stamp if you intend on fishing the bays.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum