FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

My outlook for Tube Fishing and Boat Fishing...

+2
Dano67
jeffcpr
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hey friends. I have been asked a certain question often by people I know and friends. The question is "Why do you float tube fish when you have a boat???" I just wanted to take a short moment and maybe share with you all how I personally feel about fishing. For me, fishing is a hobby and a love for the water. Whether it is walking the shores of a local park lake of running and gunning to Catalina to chase the yellows on my boat. I don't see levels of fishing as one higher or more enjoyable than another.

The way I can best explain how I feel about fishing from a float tube and fishing from a boat is very simple. They are 2 very separate identities. The words always asked are, "you can cover so much more water from your boat and catch way more fish". Covering more water, yes that is true. Catching more fish... not always. I absolutely love float tube fishing. There is a one to one feel with the water and the ability to feel the freedom of taking yourself to that spot where you say to yourself, ya, there has to be a fattie right there. I love the ability to be able to use my legs and keep me in a position and work a spot from multiple angles. I can stay in a position where I can make multiple casts to the same spot and not worry about boat positioning. From my float tube, I feel so connected with what I am doing. A real connection to the way I am presenting my bait. Especially tubing the salt. The ability to make multiple casts to a dock or between that "sweet spot" with 2 large boats. Your angle sitting in a tube with the rod tip gives you as an angler such an advantage for the hook set. You keep that rod tip down low and shake a worm and can feel almost what the worm is doing. Float tube fishing is a sport all in it's own realm. I never ever have and never ever will see tube fishing as a poor mans boat. That is one of the reasons I wanted to write and say how I feel. Each type of fishing is a sport enjoyed by many. Float tube fishing is a technique that is to be treasured and loved by us.. you and I. Each time I get in my tube, I am like a kid on Christmas morning. Each time I launch and kick to a spot, I learn something new. With a website like FTFF, we all are a family that share in a mutual love for fishing and float tubing. I am not saying fishing from a boat is not fun. It is a different experience. There is no way to really do a good job at picking apart a area of the bay. My love is for the sport of fishing.. from walking the shores, to soaking powerbait to running to Rocky Point for Seabass.

I just wanted to take a minute to encourage the many new guys joining FTFF to go out there. Get that float tube wet. Figure out how you like to fish best. Ask all the questions here you want and we will all help in answering. When you are at home and have some down time, I know we are all doing the same thing... browsing the internet for new fishing tackle and float tube equipment. I know I sure am! I apologize if I rambled on here and jumped around with what I wrote. I wanted to share how I felt about Float Tube fishing while I do have a motorized fishing vessel as well. I will never quit float tube fishing. I love it way to much. Hope to tube with many of you in the days to come and share in some really fun adventures!

Fish on Friends!

LC

Pete

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Why to go bro. you said it very well, I like the comment this is not a poor mans boat it is its own sport. I love all forms of fishing as well, just really enjoy being close to the water like that. thanks for the post it was a good one.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Dano67

Dano67

LC,
very well put! I get that same question regarding fly fishing all the time. There are the purists and there are those like me that will toss a fly and pickup a spinning reel five minutes later. Its abouut the sport not the method. Thanks again for a great post and some clarity on our sport!

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well With That All Said You Hit The Nail On The Head
I Love Fishing Too And I All Kinds Of Fishing Weather Its From Land, Sandy Beaches, Boat, Piers, Lakes And My New Found Love Tubing.
Very Glad To Be Involved With This Forum It My New Facebook.

That Was Very Good Post Pete
Thanks
Ed

Thanks for the replies guys! Dano, I totally know what you mean! We need to get Ed on some tube fish! Ed, when you have time, let's do a short session in the bay!

Dano67

Dano67

I'm ready when you are. Very Happy

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ASAP Man I Am There Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm pumping up my salt tube tonight! Ed, are you fishing SFD with the kids this weekend? I might stop by and soak a crawler with you.

Piranha Fever

Piranha Fever
FTFF Gathering Officer

Couldn't have said said it better myself coconut! Its so cool to know that i'm in a forum now with some awesome guys who just have so much love and passion for the sport.Some people take this sport so seriously sometimes and i think they forget what its all about. WELL DONE L.C. Very Happy

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:I'm pumping up my salt tube tonight! Ed, are you fishing SFD with the kids this weekend? I might stop by and soak a crawler with you.

I Might go on sunday i will be there all day and have lunch and snacks so if you get hungry come eat and fish i going to take the tube if i get another adult to go with me so they can watch the kids for a few lol

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LC u said it for everyone! I love to fish no matter were, when or with what. Awsome post.

Madbasser wrote:LC u said it for everyone! I love to fish no matter were, when or with what. Awsome post.

Thanks! Yay let's fish!!

Piranha Fever wrote:Couldn't have said said it better myself coconut! Its so cool to know that i'm in a forum now with some awesome guys who just have so much love and passion for the sport.Some people take this sport so seriously sometimes and i think they forget what its all about. WELL DONE L.C. Very Happy

Thanks so much! Hope to fish with you soon!

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Dude, that was a GREAT post LC!!! I have to admit, I've even told my tournament partner (boater) I was busy during a weekend so I could go out in my kick. Just love the connection I feel with the water, fish, environment, etc. I know I'll have a boat in my future once again but never will give up the kick.

I don't know how many of you guys follow the tournament bass fishing scene but one of the top young guns, Chris Zaldain, still gets out in his kickboat. Pretty cool to see that even though he competes for up to $100K, he'll get out in his kick for a fun day on the water. On top of that, he's a great kid too!

Thanks for the post!

Todd

http://www.geemoto.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum