FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boat Fishing How Meny ?

+6
jeffcpr
waxon67
FishinPhil
Hammer 4
MASSfisher
.:LOLLY:.
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boat Fishing How Meny ? Empty Boat Fishing How Meny ? Tue May 08, 2012 4:42 pm

Seeing how everyone here float tubes, How meny of you fish out on boats. Fresh or Salt

Cattle boats (1/2, 3/4, Overnights etc )
Private Boat

When you do a boat trip what kind of trips are you doing and how often ?

My self, I like to do twilight trips with my girls out of Daveys locker, Berth 55 (L.B) or PierPoint. I was doing this couple of times of month from like May - Sept up to couple of years ago. I had to stop due to $$

I have done 1000s of overnights - 2 days.
Both out of landings and Private Boat.
In April of 2007 to Nov I was doing overnight - 1-1/2 trips ever week fishing for white seabass and yellows with 1 or 2 tuna trips, I did this for 2 years in row intill money ran out and my wife found out how much $$ I was spending.

So what do you guys like to do.

2Boat Fishing How Meny ? Empty Re: Boat Fishing How Meny ? Tue May 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Last year I was hitting the kelp just about every weekend on my buddy's boat. This year I have only done one twilight trip on the Native Sun out of Berth 55.

Now I'm waiting for the weather to get steady warm to start going out with my buddy again. Apparently he doesn't like cold mornings...

3Boat Fishing How Meny ? Empty Re: Boat Fishing How Meny ? Tue May 08, 2012 6:26 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ive done 2-3 rockfish trips and thats it : (

If i had the money id go out a lot more.

With less than 6 months left in cali im saving money so i can catch at least 1:

Yellowtail
White seabass
Lingcod
Sheepshead

Id also like to catch a 5+ pound calico.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

4Boat Fishing How Meny ? Empty Re: Boat Fishing How Meny ? Tue May 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Haven't fished on a cattle boat since the late 70's. Fishing elbow to elbow kinda cramps my style anyway. When I was fishing on them, I didn't do to MANY.. Very Happy

Now it's either shore, tube or a friends boat.

5Boat Fishing How Meny ? Empty Re: Boat Fishing How Meny ? Tue May 08, 2012 6:56 pm

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

My friend Miguel has a 17 foot Bay Runner, so we will go out several times during the summer and fish La Jolla, Imperial Beach Kelp, and the big bay. We have been doing this for several years now. I also do a rock cod trip in the winter on the Legend. I will be doing a 2.5 day trip on Pacific Voyager the second week of August. You should see if you can go with us.

6Boat Fishing How Meny ? Empty Re: Boat Fishing How Meny ? Tue May 08, 2012 7:19 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Black Pearl kayak mother ship trip put on by OEX is on the list. Doing Aztec in September. Hopefully lots of shorty trips here and there. Moving towards more kayak and less party boat...at least that is the plan for local water.

7Boat Fishing How Meny ? Empty Re: Boat Fishing How Meny ? Tue May 08, 2012 7:23 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I don't do well on the cattle boats, I chum the water for everyone else. I use to do a lot of boating on freshwater, with my dad back in the day, but have not been out in a boat in some time now.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

8Boat Fishing How Meny ? Empty Re: Boat Fishing How Meny ? Tue May 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I fish chater boat trips at least once a year, but fish off my friends or own boat quite often. usually long beach or palos verdes.

9Boat Fishing How Meny ? Empty Re: Boat Fishing How Meny ? Tue May 08, 2012 8:03 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I fish a couple times on a center console boat fishing the salt and it's been awhile but also did some cattle boat trips.

10Boat Fishing How Meny ? Empty Re: Boat Fishing How Meny ? Tue May 08, 2012 8:24 pm

.:LOLLY:. wrote:Last year I was hitting the kelp just about every weekend on my buddy's boat. This year I have only done one twilight trip on the Native Sun out of Berth 55.

Now I'm waiting for the weather to get steady warm to start going out with my buddy again. Apparently he doesn't like cold mornings...

Native Sun is a fun boat. That's the boat I like to fish the most on for my twilight trips

11Boat Fishing How Meny ? Empty Re: Boat Fishing How Meny ? Tue May 08, 2012 8:26 pm

Hammer 4 wrote:Haven't fished on a cattle boat since the late 70's. Fishing elbow to elbow kinda cramps my style anyway. When I was fishing on them, I didn't do to MANY.. Very Happy

Now it's either shore, tube or a friends boat.

I hear you hammer in the elbow to elbow, it's no fun. That's why I only do week day trips. No one is on the boat

12Boat Fishing How Meny ? Empty Re: Boat Fishing How Meny ? Tue May 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Mass fisher, your goals are possible but your gonna need a few trips and your going to need to make a drive up

Jeff - have tried using the patch or sea suck pills? I was once told for the pills to work properly you need to start taking them like 24hrs befor getting on the boat

Waxon - those mother trips look awesome. Wish they did something like that for float tubes, now that would be bad a$$

13Boat Fishing How Meny ? Empty Re: Boat Fishing How Meny ? Tue May 08, 2012 9:41 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,
I probably do a half a dozen trips a year, twilight, 3/4 day, and full day, usually to just amuse myself or at the behest of some of my work buddies. (usually drinkin trips)

I just don't have the interest for salt water that I used to. Just doesn't seem to blow my skirt up like it used to. Love a good rubber bite, or the iron bite but otherwise live bait fishing just doesn't have the appeal it used to have.

Fly fishin is my pursuit now and I wish there were more ocean operators that were interested as well. I would love to pick a yellow on a fly! Speaking of yellows, nice new avatar Waxon!

bodfish

PS. I suppose I should broaden my horizons a bit. Most of the boats and crews mentioned before I am not familiar with. (I am up here in Ventura county and rarely venture farther south than Long Beach any more ) Hey Miller the next time you are headed out on a boat drop me a PM I just might be available, would love to get a new perspective on Sport Boat (not cattle boat) fishing. Southern California used to be the Sport Boat fishing capital of the WORLD!!! Now?,... not so much.

14Boat Fishing How Meny ? Empty Re: Boat Fishing How Meny ? Tue May 08, 2012 10:35 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've done Berth 55, Pierpoint, 22nd Street Landing and Newport. Most of them 3/4 day boats or twilight trips. Overnighters to Catalina. But having friends with boats is the best! My friend Miguel has a nice 22' center console and we fish for threshers and the Huntington Flats for bass and do pretty good on rock species at other spots.

Usually fish with him during the summer months and go haffers on gas. I recently sold my kayak which was my main source of fishing and have now dedicated most of my fishing from the tube, I think I like it the best! Its just so freaking convinient and cheap in my opinion. and if you got some decent spots to fish even better! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum