FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Today at 11:54 am

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by jeffcpr Today at 11:51 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bassin' in Los Angeles Harbor

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bassin' in Los Angeles Harbor Empty Bassin' in Los Angeles Harbor Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:33 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

I went to Cabrillo Marina for the first time recently and had a pretty good day.

I just really like this whole thing. I like that it's cheap and easy.

I like that loading up the car and hitting the road takes about 15 minutes. I like that "gassing up my outboard motor" means stopping for some coffee and a donut.

Then it's on the water and make no mistake about it, tube fishing is bass fishing. It's hunting. 

Even in saltwater marinas, it's exploring the terrain and looking for structure and cover and trying different places and techniques. Cast and retrieve, trolling, drop-shot, sleeper rod, jigging, you name it, whatever suits your situation, whatever gets the action, I do it all from the tube. 

I love being able to sneak into tight spots and be ultra stealthy and quiet. Seeing fish below me cruise by and not be spooked is fun.

I ended up catching about 25 fish for the five hour session. Calicos and Barred Sand Bass mostly and while none were legal keepers, all were fun on light tackle and all give you the drug of the tug. Even the ones you miss get you going. But you don't need me to tell you that catching fish is fun.

But here's the thing that really makes me smile as I'm driving home… I'm tired. I've exerted myself and that means that my boat's motor got serviced. Running my boat's motor makes it wear out slower, not faster! I've literally improved my health by going fishing. Ain't that a kick in the head!

So I think float tubing is cool for a lot of reasons, but mostly because it's fun to catch fish and float tubing puts you on the fish!

2Bassin' in Los Angeles Harbor Empty Re: Bassin' in Los Angeles Harbor Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:26 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks Bob......another good day on the water.........GT

3Bassin' in Los Angeles Harbor Empty Re: Bassin' in Los Angeles Harbor Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

25 fish is a great day on the water. The tube rules in the stealth factor for a variety of reasons. You could sit in between those docks and not scare off the fish the way a boat or person walking by does. 

Thanks for for sharing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum