FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by slodawg375 Today at 8:27 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just bought a fish cat 4

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just bought a fish cat 4 Empty Just bought a fish cat 4 Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:06 am

562fly

562fly
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hey guys I just bought a fish cat 4 and was wondering what would be the best fins to get. I plan to fish the bays like los Alamitos and of course do some lake fishing too. Advice will be much appreciated.

2Just bought a fish cat 4 Empty Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:10 am

mthaubs

mthaubs
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Yea. I bought mine at Bass Pro. I think mine may also be inadequate for longer runs. It seems I spend too much energy. I could use some advise also.

3Just bought a fish cat 4 Empty Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:37 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I have Force Fins and Omega Fins.  I have tried several others over the years and can only recommend either of these. The Omega Fins feel faster, but I have no way of proving that. The Omega Fins use a lot more muscle and energy than the Force Fins to travel the same distance.

If you feel you are in great shape try the Omega or other "Big/Long" diving fins. If you feel you want to conserve your energy nothing I have tried beats the Force Fins so far.  I am certain that if you get Force Fins you will not need another pair. Make sure they fit over your  winter boots or waders as well as your summer gear.

4Just bought a fish cat 4 Empty Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:49 pm

mthaubs

mthaubs
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Thanks

5Just bought a fish cat 4 Empty Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:52 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am very use to dive fins it is what I have always used and seems to work best for me. But I agree force fins are a top choice of most tubers here you cannot go wrong with a good fitting pair of force fins.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Just bought a fish cat 4 Empty Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:06 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I use Force Fins.
Remember ... this is not a race ... rather it's about being stealth while positioning yourself for your next cast.
Any fin will do the job.

Yes, there will be times that you will need to power kick .... but very seldom for me.
Just plan you sessions accordingly with the flooding and draining tides of the harbors.
It's a learn by trial and error.

SP Dan     <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SP)

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

7Just bought a fish cat 4 Empty Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:04 pm

562fly

562fly
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

SP Dan wrote:I use Force Fins.
Remember ... this is not a race ... rather it's about being stealth while positioning yourself for your next cast.
Any fin will do the job.

Yes, there will be times that you will need to power kick .... but very seldom for me.
Just plan you sessions accordingly with the flooding and draining tides of the harbors.

SP Dan     <"))><

Do you use wading boots or do you have a bootie for your force fins

8Just bought a fish cat 4 Empty Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:04 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

562fly wrote:
Any fin will do the job.

SP Dan     <"))><

I always use slip-on water boots,

SP Ddan <"))><

9Just bought a fish cat 4 Empty Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:06 pm

562fly

562fly
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

[quote="SP Dan"]
562fly wrote:
Any fin will do the job.

SP Dan     <"))><

SP Ddan     <"))><[/quote

I currently have corkers and was planning to use them with some force fins. Would it be best to get booties instead.

10Just bought a fish cat 4 Empty Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:19 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

562fly wrote:
SP Dan wrote:
562fly wrote:
Any fin will do the job.

SP Dan     <"))><

SP Dan     <"))><[/quote

I currently have corkers and was planning to use them with some force fins. Would it be best to get booties instead.

I apologize .... I really don't know what a corker is so I find my self not being qualified to answer your question with any experience or knowledge.

I wear a low-top, very thin-walled slip-on water shoe named "SuperFreak" by O'Neill.
I don't wear waders and I wear the water shoes directly on my feet prior to the Force Fins.
FYI ... some people don't use water shoes and place the fins directly on their feet.
I like the cushion and protection from possible rash rubs from long periods of kicking with the fins.

SP Dan     <"))><

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum