FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bought 2 toons in 1 week. HELP!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bought 2 toons in 1 week.  HELP! Empty Bought 2 toons in 1 week. HELP! Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:45 pm

Vance in AK

FTFF Gathering Officer

I fear I'm becoming a collector!
Last week I picked up a Bucks Bags Bronco 8'toon. Nice boat with anchor setup, stainless frame, nice oars, 4 gear nags, a set of flippers,cheap pump all in nice shape for $225. I was pleased as I had just sold some tires for $300 to finance a toon. Same day a Waterskeeter shows up on Craigslist in Anchorage (150 miles one way) for $75. Talked to the guy, says it's nice, 7.5', includes oars, mini anchor, & 2 gear bags. Happened to have a friend up there who picked it up for me. So in the last 8 months I've picked up these 2, plus 3 tubes, a new Original Uboat, a new WW Grig Pond boat, & an older cheap round boat that came with the Grig.
Only problem is I haven't had time to have any of them in the water yet with the exception of the BB toon. Embarassed Had it in a local pond for a wopping 10 minutes (all the time I had). Just HAD to do it!!! green happy
Now I need toget out on the water & fling a fly!

A quick updatge on the Waterskeeter. Just inflated it for the 1st time. Tubes measure a bit over 7'6", but are not as pointy as my BB tubes on the tips. Virtually the same water didplacement length wise, but maybe an inch less diamater. One of the Summit valves spits air out as fast as I can pump it im when I remove the pump. I assume it's sticking open. Too datk in the garage to see tonight & I have no experience with these valves. Otherwise complete & in nice shape.

Last edited by Vance in AK on Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To correct title!)

2Bought 2 toons in 1 week.  HELP! Empty Re: Bought 2 toons in 1 week. HELP! Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:24 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Sounds like you are just like the rest of us tube-a-holics. Nothing wrong with this just so you know we are all hear to support your habit.
If you have any problems storing your gear you could alway ship a few to me I will make sure they have a good home and get some exercise from time to time Twisted Evil

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Bought 2 toons in 1 week.  HELP! Empty Re: Bought 2 toons in 1 week. HELP! Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:25 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Don't trip my fellow tuber.. I own 3 tubes and a pontoon and still want more... have fun

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

4Bought 2 toons in 1 week.  HELP! Empty Re: Bought 2 toons in 1 week. HELP! Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:40 am

Vance in AK

FTFF Gathering Officer

Smile
I wouldn't feel so bad about it if I were using them. Gotta make time to get out!
I have a wife & 3(soon 2) kids at home, so it will be fun to be able to have the whole family play on the lakes (at least that's my excuse).

An update on the Waterskeeter. Played with the Summit valve in the light this AM & saw the problem. Rotated the inner core just a bit so it could close completely & now it's sealing fine. There are 2 others just like it on Craigslist currently for $300 each (seperate sellers) so I figure @ $75. I did OK there.

5Bought 2 toons in 1 week.  HELP! Empty Re: Bought 2 toons in 1 week. HELP! Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:44 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Well done buddy get that family out there, that is my goal once the younger kids are old enough. So I have three tube need to get 2 more to make it work.
Have a nice fathers day maybe that is your excuess dad wants to fish.

6Bought 2 toons in 1 week.  HELP! Empty Re: Bought 2 toons in 1 week. HELP! Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:54 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think with that many boats you qualify as Admiral.

7Bought 2 toons in 1 week.  HELP! Empty Re: Bought 2 toons in 1 week. HELP! Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:51 am

Vance in AK

FTFF Gathering Officer

OK, this truly qualifies as a sickness!!!
Wanted to get another set of lite inexpensive flippers. Local Sportsman's Warehouse has them for $25. Was going to pick up a set when I am there for a fly tying seminar this Saturday...
BUT. Somehow I ended up on Craigslist doing a search for "tube", & up pops an excellent condition Browning Agressor with Caddis fins & a Scotty flyrod holder. $25. for all & they actually delivered it to my place!
Add another boat to the fleet Very Happy
I think my 7yr old son will really like the security of the round boat with crotch strap.

8Bought 2 toons in 1 week.  HELP! Empty Re: Bought 2 toons in 1 week. HELP! Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:47 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya that is a sickness, but the only cure is to get out there and try your best to get board of float tube fishing. Good luck with that one lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum